Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
ssetta said:
Believe it or not, it's still pledge season at WGBH. But on another PBS station here, they aired the Season 34 show where Super Grover got his new cape.
Yeah. They aired that one on my local station too.

maxdrive

Reaction score
they been showing reruns here like the epp with cookie hood

alizakaila

Reaction score
bad news-no new episodes come may 16th

on wliw the schedule is as follows:
Monday May 16 9:00am

Telly can't catch a ball; Baby Bear tries to teach him and brings New York Yankees manager Joe Torre to give Telly some advice.
Tuesday May 17 9:00am

Zoe and Elmo are playing with Zoe's pet rock, Rocco. They get sidetracked and when they return, they discover that Rocco's missing. They decide to look for clues and ask questions as they search. They ask a chicken, but can't understand her response.

Wednesday May 18 9:00am

Telly and Baby Bear take care of Curly Bear for the day and tell her a story about a banana.

Thursday May 19 9:00am

Zoe and Elmo see a movie about a kite festival and get excited about flying one themselves. Alan does not have any kites at his store, so Zoe and Elmo make their own. But there is no wind when they are done. Big Bad Wolf makes wind for them.

Friday May 20 9:00am

A game about healthy foods has Elmo looking for four foods of different colors; he finds a pepper, milk, lettuce and an eggplant.

Monday May 23 9:00am

Elmo and Rosita have a play date but they can't find each other, so they start singing about how sad they are. When they finally reunite, they sing about the number two and how great it is to be together again.
Tuesday May 24 9:00am

Big Bird prepares for a visit from his granny; Alan helps him make birdseed cookies; and the Count says how many cookies they can make.

same on wnet but a day off

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ugh. Why are they doing this? Makes no sense to have us ait so long for the remaining episodes of the season. The best thing would've been to air all of Season 36 once, then do this one day on and one day off repeat business with episodes from the previous two seasons, and then get back to airing the episodes completely through.

So according to this scenario, they'll have repeated the ten episodes in a span of four weeks twice, and we wouldn't get done with this until June 10. So the next date to watch out for on the schedule would be June 13, and see if they'll finally relinquish the airing of new Season 36 episodes then.

alizakaila

Reaction score
no new eps

what # episodes are the ones they are showing instead of season 36 ones?

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Maybe something strange happened in their production schedule, like everyone got the flu or something?

:confused:

Other theories?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Few things.

1 AlizaKayla, don't rully know which numbered episodes are the ones from Season 34 and 35 given my blind batty eyes. However, the ones from Season 34 are numbered 4031 through 4056, and the ones from Season 35 are 4057 through 4082.
2 The theory doesn't rully fly Andy. As I hear it, all the episodes of Sesame's season, since they're only 26 now, are filmed in November and December during the current season's off-season. They're taped and then aired and hyped in April and onwards.
3 I can understand their airing older episodes so as not to bog down the viewer's palate with endless repeats of the same season's episodes... But at least give us all the season's new episodes first before doing something like this.
Oh well, the waiting game goes on.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is undoubtably frustrating. I agree that watering down the new shows with reruns is a good idea, but why the shell can't they just show us all the season first, then put on the reruns. And it doesn't exactly work well, if they rerun reruns 3 times before we get any new episodes. Do they even plan on getting the new episodeson air before next season, or is PBS pulling the same cheapazoid stunt they did with BTL that hastened it's cancellation?

Sorry if I sound angry, but PBS is sliding down a slope at an alarming rate. The govenrment funding of PBS is limited to pointless Rightwing biased opinion news shows (Right or left, opinion isn't real news, especially the same network that has the hard hitting Frontline series). They have less and less special programming and more and more "Dr. Wayne Dier" and Suizie Orman Infomercials, and a lot of Historically based reality TV shows. And even the British shows are dumbed down. Mystery theater is showing nothing but British ripoffs of CSI now. And they don't even have the Britcoms. They have Keeping up Apperances (howlingly unfunny) and that's it. No Monty Python, no Mr. Bean... nothing.

ANd the kid's shows are more and more like toy commercials. Sure, PBS kids Go has nice programming for older kids, but on a network that still airs Barney and Telitubbies long after the novelty of both is long gone, and airs 5 Thomas the Tank engine ripoffs (but it took them forever to bring back the real thing) things look grim.

And the worst thing, is that McDonalds and the rest use this as advertising on a supposedly non-commercial network. They can darn well make a new McDonalds ad, but they can't show episodes they already made? That kid with the giant head on the McD's ad... boy I'd like to smack him...

:grouchy:

Dantecat

Reaction score
Hey Everybody,My Local PBS Station WHYY is airing 4093 on May 24th. What do you think? :excited:

Dantecat

Reaction score
So,All of the Local PBS Stations should be airing it too.