Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know where you got that implied thought that Joey Mazzarino's voicing Herry. Lemme explain. In Episode 4083, there was a segment with a human kid named Antonio and an SS character. They were talking about the kid's favorite sport and team, the New York Mets. I'm not sure what character it was who talked to that kid. That's why I ask, is/was that Herry? Not sure what character it was but it was definitely voiced by Mazzarino.
Hope this helps.

Dantecat

Reaction score
I just found out that Grover's Workout Video is made in 1994.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
It was Papa Bear talking to the little boy.
Hmmm. I didn't know Papa Bear looked like Herry, but then I haven't seen it, so I guess he was just shown from a distance. I'm hoping Nelson will still voice his characters. He said he would for the Count, and Mumford makes an appearance this season. We'll just have to wait and see.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to have confused you guys regarding the bit with Papa Bear in 4083.

Now then, my thoughts on 4084: The Banana in the Stone.
The first thing is that they used a lot of their banana-related bits in this episode.
Highlights.
1 The main story was OK, dug the King Arthur spoof.
2 Another parody was the song "Stretch, Wiggle, Yeah!" sung by Oscar for the worms exercises to the tune of "YMCA" by the Village People.
3 Ling-li auditioning for the Grouch Symphony Orchestra.
Nitpick.
4 The song the grouch orchestra played wasn't a grouch version of Beethoven's 9th as they claimed, but rather it was a grouch version of the Blue Danube.

Tieing into the banana feature of the main story...
5 They aired the song about "Banana".
6 Global Grover was a repeat of his trip to Jordan with the basket of banana peels.
7 Elmo's World was a repeat of the one where the Top Banana comes by to talk about bananas.

And since the sponsors were J and 9...
8 They repeated the J Animals Jump animated bit.
9 The shortened Song of Number intros to the Falling Baker series will be used to start off the block of Number of the Day bits.
Not sure what'll happen when they have a number higher than 10 as the Number of the Day though.
10 The Adventures of Trash Gordon was a repeat of the second one with the Muddy Muddons from last season.

Another highlight to mention was that they showed the old animated bit with Jasper and Julius about finding one's elbows.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So far, so good. I don't know. So far still, I think that season 34 is by far THE BEST season of "The New Sesame Street". I did notice some different things about this season. Like Count, I too dislike the dinging bell music during the transitions. Did any of you noticed Papa Bear's voice sounds a little higher? I also noticed during the closing credits that Peter Linz and Noel MacNeil are back, and Alice Dinnean Vernon has joined the Sesame gang. Joey Mazzarino doing Herry? Okay. I also noticed it looks like they have a new Baby Bear muppet. I also noticed that the empty store front behind Big Bird's nest now has the window painted red with a yellow "K" on it. I still believe Cookie and Prairie should be a couple. I miss Journey to Ernie though. I also noticed there's been no numbers of the day. I also noticed that Slimey now speaks a little more clearly.

maxdrive

Reaction score
i liked the bert and ernie skit they did as well with ernie talking on a banana to an elephant.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Thanks for the backtrack on the frist two episodes. Since I didn't have PBS on my Dish Network I order it today so I'll get to see SS now. Glad I don't have to ask someone else to record them for me. Oh I can't wait now for this coming epsiode so I can see whats new and whats old. OH this gets me so excited! *jumps around the room*

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hmmm. I've noticed the change in Papa Bear's voice. I'm glad it wasn't just me that picked that up. I also thought it was good to see Barkley in the scene with Elmo on the tricycle. He hasn't been on the show in a while. That must mean Linda's still around since she's the dog's owner. I hope they both make more appearances this season.

Maria: I taught Gabi how to catch a ball when she was about your age.

Funny how that's possible considering Telly knew Gabi when she was a baby. How'd she become older than him all of a sudden?

Anyway, just thought I'd put in my two cents.

SesameStreetGuy

Reaction score
I saw my first glimspe of a Season 36. episode today, and it was pretty good I guess.