Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

ssetta

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
so what if it's dated? no one at such a young age is going to think under such terms and why would you cry over it? please.
I just don't always like it when they remake old songs, especially if the original isn't all that dated. I mean, if you watched the show, say, even in the late 90s, there were practically NO LIMITS on what they could use as far as age. And if they were to use a song like that, they wouldn't remake it, because they already have a version of it that's good, so they would just use it. But now, they're so careful about what's dated and what isn't dated, so they're re-doing a lot of old songs, skits, and even episodes.

maxdrive

Reaction score
well two songs i didnt like the remake of was the one ernie song tha the did with elmo abotu having two eyes. i saw a remake where they used an orange and you dont see the person who is singing.

and also the remake they did of somebody come otu and play the one where they had that cartoon girl who owns a cat sing it mostly because her voice is so anoying to me

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
My thoughts on 4086: The World's Greatest Birdseed Cookies.

Highlights:
1 Seeing Buster again during the segment about brushing your teeth at the top of the show, and we even got a Jerry Nelson voiced laugh from Buster at the end of the bit.
2 Did anyone else catch what Baby Bear was singing when he came in for his lunch at Hooper's Store? P is for porridge, that's good enough for him?
3 Twas great to see the Count on the Street again.
4 The bit with Cookie Monster as the Cookie Detector was good.
5 The funniest part of the episode was what we saw coming from a mile away... Cookie Monster disguised as Granny Bird and the Little Red Riding Hood lines.
Heh, what googly eyes you've got.
6 Global Grover: Bangladesh, New!
7 Seeing the song Eight Balls of Fur again, that was great.
8 And what was even better, the song was followed up by the classic King of 8 animation segment!
9 Elmo's World: Farm, not sure if this was new or not.
10 The Adventures of Trash Gordon: Piles of Trash was new.
11 Was also great to see the Squirrelles again.

Oh yeah, and we also got to see Sloppy Worm, Slimey's sister at the end of 4085.

Hope this helps and have a good day.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Wow. From the sounds of it, this episode's pretty good. I mean, it's got Buster, the Squirrelles, Chris, the Count, and the King of Eight! SSetta'll probably be really happy about this! :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, this is the one I've liked the best so far, though I'm looking forward to the one with Baby Bear's first day at the school and the parodies from the press release.

Before I forget, there's one last thing to nitpick.
The film segment with the two boys making a fruit sundae from the press release was shown in 4086. Wasn't a bad segment, they just did it speaking in rhyme and it ended with the boys sharing a pear as the topping for their ice cream sundae. What I would've rully liked to have seen was the vintage film segment with a boy making a real fruit salad/sundae by using about 15 different fruits. And when he leaves the thing on the table to get his spoon, the camera shows his two older brothers eating and then the three boys share the whole thing.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... *In Uncle's voice: One more thing!
Though I'm not a big fan, maybe you guys are, there was a Wegman Dogs segment in 4086. This was the one where they make an old-fashioned homemade PB&J sandwich. They crack the peanuts and make the peanut butter, mush and cook the grapes to make the jelly, and bake the bread for the sandwich.
Hope this helps, I'm done now.

Dantecat

Reaction score
That sure was a pretty good episode too! By the way,It really looks like that they're bringing back older characters and older skits on newer episodes.They should also do it on next year's season too.Maybe they'll show the skits where Guy Smiley hosts the eating game and the other one where Cookie Monster's Cousin Monster won't eat cookie's but fruits and vegetables from Ernie coming back from the grocery store to give for Bert.I really hope they do.

ceecee

Reaction score
I got to see 4085 (Healthy Foods Game) this morning. My PBS affiliate must be a day off? I hardly ever get to watch SS, but this morning I got to come in to work an hour late.

Anyway, I just wanted to say how great it was to see the classic animation with the cat waiting for his cat food! It's wonderful to see that kind of stuff on the show!

I was also happy to hear the classic numbers song, even if it was redone.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
ceecee said:
Anyway, I just wanted to say how great it was to see the classic animation with the cat waiting for his cat food! It's wonderful to see that kind of stuff on the show!
Yeah, I've noticed that too. I remember seeing that one when I was little.

Woman: If I came home with that one Ralph would just kill me.

So they DO say 'kill' on Sesame Street, I don't think anyone ever said 'I'll kill you' though, but that conversation is in another thread so I'll shut up before somebody kills me. Lol.