1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

Wasn't that the same comment mentioned on SNL last night?
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

My thoughts on Episode 4088: Snuffy Cloud in the Sky.

Highlights: Where to begin?
    1 The most telling thing is that Richard Kine was in the intro segment with Snuffy, telling how to cover your mouth and nose or snuffle so as not to spread germs. That would then set-up his appearance in this episode, or at least warn us that this would be the episode with his appearance.
    2 This was another one of the fairy wish-granting episodes.
    3 Was good to see all the characters used in the storyline: Snuffy, Oscar, Slimey, The Count, and Big Bird and the kids.
    4 Seems they're promoting multiplication mathematics in that they got the 40 balloons needed for Snuffy to float into the sky by counting them by 5's.
    5 There were a few classical comedy barbs during the dialogue...
    Snuffy: Call me a dreamer Bird.
    Big Bird: You're a dreamer.
    Not sure if every one caught that cause Big Bird said it a bit lower than usual.

Another one was...
    Big Bird: How's the weather up there?
    The Count, refering to Snuffy: He's the weather up there.
    6 The biggest surprise of all... a surprise and a half... came when the Fairy Balloon Person had to leave. He got a call for another wish on his cell phone, and here's what he said.
    Fairy Balloon Person: I'm getting another wish. Someone on Mr. Roger's Neighborhood wants a balloon.
    And with that he left. Yes, an actual reference to Mr. Roger's Neighborhood on Sesame Street on Season 36.
    7 The interview with Grover and a kid named Eric about skin, cause this was one of the older bits wherre Frank was still voicing Grover.
    8 The song "Imagine That" sung by Ernie.
    9 The vintage song "I'm a Little Airplane Now."
    10 The vintage animated bit "Arnold Uses His Imagination".
    11 Seeing Sloppy Worm again at the end during Trash Gordon, though I feel that's a stock bit that'll keep getting used when they need it.
    12 Now we know what they'll do for numbers higher than 10 when the Song of the Number can't go up that high. They're using new bits with the Count... and gasp, the Countess too! Not sure if it's Countess Dahling von Dahling, someone please check the numbers on her necklace and in which order they run for me please.
    The Count sang a polka song counting up the numbers until the Countess shouts STOP!
    13 About this new bit with the Count... Is Camille Bonora still voicing the Countess? She sounded different to me, kind of like the Eastern European voice done by Josie Lawrence or whoever it is that voices Gravitina on the animated Buzz Lightyear series on Toon Disney.
    14 Another note, did anyone else pick up on the music of the polka song? Am I wrong, or did it sound like "Be Our Guest" from Disney's Beauty and the Beast?
    15 Snuffy's voice sounded like it had a bit of an echo, but it was OK.
    16 They used the song "If I were a Cloud in the Sky" while waiting for the Fairy Balloon Person to get back with more balloons for Snuffy.

Nitpicks:
    1 Hero Guy made another appearance. If they're gonna use these bits with no new ones, then I hope it stays as is and only show one per week.
    2 If you thought they couldn't come up with something worse than Hero Guy, you were wrong. There's a new bit in this episode I hope doesn't get used again. Action Elephant? Oh man, don't want to have to see that bit again.

That's all from today's viewing, have a good day.
  3. alizakaila

alizakaila New Member

healthy eating on sesame street

I really like the healthy eating attitude on Sesame Street. Butm why do they have commercials for McDonalds in the beginning? McD's is not known for the most healthy food.
  4. The Count

True enough... But they do have the moneys to try to make some sort of sponsorship campaign to try to get the public to think that they're behind these issues and change some peoples' mentality about McDonald's.
    Besides, they've been a sponsor three years running, doesn't rully bother me that much.
  5. Violia

Violia New Member

I'm glad I got to see Ernies "Imagine That" song today. That was one of my favorites from when I was a kid.
    Oh, and did you notice the book maria was reading at the end of the Elephant segment? "the Monsters of Venice"
    Hero Guy, as always, irks me.
  6. DTF

DTF Member

Not only that, but it's a major name around the country that has enough money to do it, unlike most others. I don't know if many other places would have the funds to dole out like that.

Of course, if WalMart ever wanted to, I think they could project the same image, but enough peple dislike WalMart that I think that would be difficult. Then again, maybe that would be the kind of public relations boost they need. "Hey, we don't try to eliminate all the mom and pop stores and hurt the average person, why look how we sponsor all these great kids' shows."

Anyway, just be glad it's not Budweiser or Miller. At least the kids are only encouraged to think about fast food!
  7. Violia

Violia New Member

The Arnold bit freaked me out, I mean when did Nickelodeon characters go on SS It was odd.
  8. LittleChrissy

LittleChrissy New Member

Actually, the Arnold short debuted on SS before the Nickelodeon cartoon started in 1997. Anyone know what year the short was?
  9. BeckyDR

BeckyDR Member

I have a question; which, if any, skits relating to the number 40 were shown yesterday?
  10. The Count

Sorry BeckyDr. but the only mention of the number 40 in Episode 4088 was that it'd take 40 balloons to float Snuffy into the sky. The number for 4088 was 12, will come back later and post my thoughts on 4089.
  11. BeckyDR

BeckyDR Member

Thanks for the reply :) btw weeeeeeeeeeeeepaaaaaaaaaaaaa ;)
  12. The Count

Thanks, nice touch BeckyDr, buenos días to you too.

And here are my thoughts on 4089: American Fruitstand.

Highlights, again this one's packed so bear with me.
    1 The street story, a veritable parody of American Bandstand complete with Doug Clark as the host of AF.
    2 The songs were parodies also. "I Like Fruit" to the tune of James Brown's "I Feel Good" and "Broccoli" to the tune of Chuck Berry's "Johnny B. Good" were OK. However "Peaches and Pears" was to be to the tune of the Beatles' version of "Twist and Shout" and it was so with the Ohhh-ohh-ohh-ohh part of the song. But in truth, due to the pacing of the song, it sounded more like a spoof of Richie Valenz's "La Bamba" to me.
    3 We got the vintage animated segment Name That Food, which I think should've been on Episode 4085 with the Healthy Foods story plot.
    4 We got the Soul O animated bit during the Letter of the Day segments.
    5 The song "A Cookie is a Sometimes Food" was aired, and guess what... it was sung by Hoots the Owl! And even better, Cookie Monster's reply at the end of the song. Cookie said he understood the difference between fruit being an anytime food and cookies being a sometime food.
    Cookie Monster: "But you know what? Now sometime!"
    And he proceeds to devour the cookies. Ha, in your face media hype!
    6 Though the Number of the Day was a repeat number, I liked the song with Union Station and the Count for the number 4.
    7 We got the song "Do Da Rubber Duck" again this season, always great to see.
    8 Adventures of Trash Gordon was new, where he played his triangle to soothe the menacing triangles around him.

Nitpicks:
    1 The Traction Jackson bit was unnecessary in my mind, but then again it's their "Healthy" season.
    2 Elmo's World: Singing was new and for the most part OK. The thing I disliked was that they keep overusing their classic songs, and when Elmo tried to sing Blue Suede Shoes. Came out like the bleh-bleh song at the end of the segments. But the bit of him rapping the Elmo's World theme was OK.
    Hope this helps and have a good day.
  13. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

And there you have it, friends; the Frog is still on the Street! :) :excited: :)
  14. BeckyDR

BeckyDR Member

de nada :) how did you like the Telly/Rosita "mango/tango" song? I thought it was funny :)
  15. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

only in the old skits.
  16. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

huumm i didn't reconize that the Broccoli song was a spoof of Berry's Johnny B. Goode.
  17. The Count

Well... yeah, the lyrics kinda helped. Don't know them by heart, but it felt like "Johnny B. Good".

Hey BeckyDr, good to see you posting again. The Mango/Tango song was OK. Honestly, twas better than the usual Spanish Word of the Day insert. Those bits are passible, but the reason I'm a bit down on them being used this season was cause according to the press release I thought they'd be changed to a Spanish Moment of the Day. Oh well, at least there's the big Mexico at Sesame Street later in the season to look forward to.
  18. BeckyDR

BeckyDR Member

gracias por el saludo, loco :p j/k
  19. hehehe

hehehe Member

"Elmo's World"

Although I haven't seen this new one yet (I will when I get home) I know "Singing" is not a new thought for Elmo. Did the segment start with a choir in his Idea Closet? If so, then it's not new. The five new ideas will be:
    Jumping
    Cameras
    Skin
    School
    Cats
    I think all the rest will be old. :)
  20. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Yeah, that was advertised in our local paper this morning. There was a big pic of Hoots and Cookie Monster. Good to know that he's still his old self.

Another classic moment that they showed that I liked (actually it's from yesterday's show) was when Grover was talking to that kid Eric and he said he had 'skin' instead of 'fur.' "Oh, well. Nobody's perfect." I remember seeing that one when I was about five-years-old. It's good to see that they still play the classics and they still have our favorite frog on the show, even if it is just a repeat of an older sketch.