Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 37

Rubber Duckie

Reaction score
The Count said:
2 Rubber Duckie... Welcome to MC and all the craziness here. You might want to go introduce yourself in the "New Members" thread in the Friends & Family section.
Actually, I registered three years ago and haven't posted since then.

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
That episode was Hilarious. Ha. Ha.

Seriously though, is it that hard to keep continuity? I know most people who watch this show don't know or care, but it'd still be nice. Maybe we can pretend they had another honeymoon in Hawaii...:rolleyes:

That aside, I really liked this episode. It really was very funny. It's nice to see a story feature the grown-ups for a change. But you'd think Maria and Luis would know by now that if you want some time alone, you need to go faaaaaar away from Sesame Street. I also liked we got some more Big Bird and Snuffy time. Let's keep that up! But I did feel a bit bad for them when Maria and Luis said they wanted some time alone.

The Matt Lauer interview was great as well. Cookie has really gotten some great segments this year. I had forgotten just how funny he was. Nice to see them remind the audience that Cookie eats everything, not just cookies. At least they haven't forgotten that....

I really didn't see the point in having the usual letter of the day segment. We already know what it is...but then I think this and the number of the day segments are just dumb in general. You don't need to tell the audience what they are, just show the clips.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... OK, thanks Bry, another one to watch out for repeats.
So far: 4110, 4115.

Rubber Duckie, didn't notice. Good to see you active here on the boards though.

Well, hope next one's as good as the ones we've gotten so far, maybe Monday will reveal if it'll be a new episode or not.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
Big Bird Fan said:
Seriously though, is it that hard to keep continuity?
In a world where humans grow up but animals and abstract creatures don't, yes it is.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I understand. Like, I said that was just a suggestion. Actually, I wouldn't know how to upload clips either. Lol.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh OK then... No worries Daffy. BTW: You can probably get the episode from the same B_G guy I got 'em from.
You'd have to talk to him though.

DTWolf

Reaction score
Cookie Monster vs. Matt Lauer:
A really great segment. I loved it completely. And when the first background Muppet showed up with a sign saying "Marry me Mindy" I was just howling (er . . . laughing a lot). Cookie's probably the best-played character on the show right now, and I'm so glad he's receiving more screen time. With this and "Cookie's World" he's finally getting back his spotlight.

--Ah, good things are happening on Sesame Street. It's been so long since I could say that.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
The Count said:
Oh OK then... No worries Daffy. BTW: You can probably get the episode from the same B_G guy I got 'em from.
You'd have to talk to him though.
I don't know. No offense to him, but I've tried a lot of Internet trades and the majority of times people never sent me what they said they would. I just don't want to take any risks.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That's understandable Daff... But trust me... B_G and Justin are the two most reputable guys I know and have had the extreme pleasure of dealing with in terms of building my little Muppet video library.
They'll definitely come through, it's a matter of their schedules and if you decide to talk to them. The decision's yours though...
Hope this helps somewhat.