Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 37

minor muppetz

Reaction score
ISNorden said:
You have a point, although Episode 1 didn't use A, B, or C as a letter of the day either. (First-season eps sometimes taught as many as three letters and two numbers each.)
I know, but the letter sponsors (W,S, and E) were in a more random order, as opposed to alphabetical, while the number sponsors were in numerical order.

I sense that this thread is getting off topic. Maybe we should start a new thread about the numbers 0, 1, 13-19, and 21-40.

BEAR

Reaction score
It was a rerun of the graduation episode today. Lillias White has such an amazing voice! Something I observed that I never caught the first time was when they take the group picture around the table at the party and Telly is doing bunny ears on Grover. It was hilarious!

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
ISNorden said:
On a different note: are any other fans disappointed about the wait for new episodes? Even the Season 37 shows get repeated now; the national PBS cable station showed Gina's graduation for the second time. I'm disappointed in Sesame Workshop for building up expectations (new characters, new themes, new recurring sketches!) and then delivering "same old, same old" on the stations.
Well when you only have 26 episodes in a season you're going to get a lot of repeats. There's nothing anyone can do about it unless someone wants to give SW a big pile of cash so we can have 100 something episodes a season again.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Big Bird Fan said:
Well when you only have 26 episodes in a season you're going to get a lot of repeats. There's nothing anyone can do about it unless someone wants to give SW a big pile of cash so we can have 100 something episodes a season again.
Note to self: buy a few state lottery tickets each month and keep my fingers crossed. If there's any nonprofit group for kids I'd support if I had the money, Sesame Workshop qualifies... :smile:

ISNorden

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I know, but the letter sponsors (W,S, and E) were in a more random order, as opposed to alphabetical, while the number sponsors were in numerical order.

I sense that this thread is getting off topic. Maybe we should start a new thread about the numbers 0, 1, 13-19, and 21-40.
Good thinking: are the admins able to move part of a thread, since most replies (including some of mine) are on-topic here?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Say if anyone has the Lou Rawls appearance, please do put it up. It keep missing it everytime I listen to MC radio.

Just like the SSU shows, We need to enjoy this youtube site while we can.

UH Oh! Can somebody move this post? I thought I was posting in the youtube section.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Big Bird Fan said:
Well when you only have 26 episodes in a season you're going to get a lot of repeats.
Especially if the show is on every weekday.

BEAR

Reaction score
I just saw the letter J episode. You know, the one where Elmo calls himself "Jelmo". Didn't see it the first time it aired. Anyway, I caught some golden references. The toaster Maria was working on had a tag on it that said "Frank Oz". It also looked like it was written the way Oz signs his name. Another one is when the man (voiced by David Rudman) comes in looking for the Fix-It Shop and says "It's so hard to find a good old fix-it shop these days." Probably referencing the times when the Fix-It Shop was the Mail-It Shop.

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
Just checked TV Guide.com, and the final five episodes of season 37 will air starting on November 6th! Just like the start of the season, new episodes will be airing Monday-Friday, (I can only get the listings to go to the 9th, but I think it's safe to assume that the season finale will air on Friday.) so mark your calenders!