Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 37

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Count said:
Know what you mean about Kids WB's repeats, that's what annoyed me the most about the first season of The Batman...
Cartoon Network does the same thing sometimes... Like now for instance, been waiting all of October to get back to the normal lineup. They give you an episode of the normal shows like Naruto or Zach Bell, tease you with next week's episode, and then keep it off the air for three weeks with consecutive movie imports. {Personally, that's part of what led to the demise of Knights of the Zodiac and Ravemaster.}
I don't think Naruto is in too much danger. I mean, it's pretty much the biggest thing out of JApan right now. I'm personally mixed, since I like One Piece a wee bit better, and that didn't get to bask in any of the mainstream success NAruto does.

Plus... well.. Knights of the Zodiac (Saint Seyia) was from the 80's, and a lot of ones from the 80's besides Dragon Ball Z don't fair well. In actuality, Dragon Ball (not Z) only aired 13 episodes in the US. Often times they never even get imported. We're the only country that never had Dr. Slump, the original Kinnikuman, or Doremon. Though they did try Slump... they could just never sell the pilot.

AT least today they actually reran one from THIS season. I just love that Cricket sketch. "I'm not Gov'nah! I've never even held political office!"

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Just a Reminder!!!

The last five epesodes of the sesaon come on this week starting today this week today. So be on the lookout for those. Starting with Gina adopting a baby and Abby Cadabby makes another appearence on Friday!:smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder, Ilikemuppets. I've been curious about it.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I missed today's because I was out and I might be out in the morning again later in the week. I would like to have seen today's ep. I did catch the end. I'd hoped they would have had more with Gina in Guatemala since they usually do that when episodes are continuous, but instead they just had a Trash Gordon repeat (Though I think the segment with the worm sleep over was new). Yeah, I'd like to see Abby again as long as she doesn't become the next 'Elmo.' I'd also like to see more of the adoption eps. I hope they make some references to Susan and Gordon adopting Miles. It did tick me off that they seemed to have forgot about Linda Bove when Samara was introduced. They need to get better with continuity.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Today's was just basically getting ready for the flight. No mention of Miles' adoption, two more episodes left for that though.
Tomorrow's should be the episode with the panoramic views of Guatemala as Gina and María adopt Marco... But then again, we could get cheated with strictly in-set episode footage. Eh, can only say for sure after watching the episode, if it does air on my station tomorrow.

Hope this helps.

BEAR

Reaction score
I set up my Tivo to have the episode recorded today. Can't wait to see it!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I don't want to ruin anything but the epsiode started out with Hoots no the roof singing A new composition called "It takes a Street". Also, there was a new song song by John Legend (The guy who sang with Hoots in the premeir) when Gina was telling some of the muppet gang about when she first met her soon to be son marco.

New Global Grover and Elmo's World today. A new Dinner Theater about Asparagus. A new Trash Gordon. Funny pare when bob came in and nitted Gina a blanket and said that he took up nitting because his sweater looked exactly the same as the blanket.

Grover was also funnny after he herd Gina was Going to Guatmala. He gave her all this swim wear. After she told him she not swmming there he asked "well how are you going to get there then. When she told him that she was flying, He gose Oh, why didn't I think of that. You Know, I'm going to have a serious talk with my travel agent." LOL!

Oh yeah, they made a new virsion of that old skech with those kids in dance class where the music would play and then stop with a timer going and then it would start up again. It was almost the exact same kind of music in the exact same order as the old one. It started with the triditional Chinese music and ended with the Latin music whith the drum part in the middle, etc. Only it was different music, just simlier as the original.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Wonder if that constitutes "not spoiling it". Ilikemuppets, you might want to check your spelling before submitting some posts. Suffice it to say, I've had training in reading posts like that and was able to understand most of what you were saying. Don't worry, we all post posts like that some times, just take a bit of care next time.

Minor correction...
The SS Dinner Theater segment titled Veg Side Story was about the AM kid named Tony learning to eat/like zucchini, not asparagus.
Hope this helps, have a good day.

BEAR

Reaction score
So...I went to watch the new episode that was supposed to have been recorded on the Tivo and I discovered that someone had erased it! Grrrrrr!!!:mad: I'm so upset, because by Ilikemuppets' description, it sounded like it was pretty good (New song with Hoots, Grover in the street scene with Gina, etc.). Well, hopefully it will be repeated on the other PBS affiliate tomorrow. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to watch it then either.:smirk:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Sorry, wrote in kind of a hurry. Oh yeah, it was a song about zucchini, wasn't it.