1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Aug 13, 2007.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

To answer some questions...

Answered this already, but Tina Fay was the one who portrayed the Bookaneers' Captain.
    Marco was adopted by Gina last season, in Season 37, during Episodes 4130-4132.
    An octopus has a large bulblike head and 8 arm/tentacles coming out from the bottom of its head, whereas a squid has a conelike head divided into two halved segments with ringlike rims around both segments of its head, eight tentacles coming out from the bottom of its head, and two more tentacles coming out from the top of its head. Squids are most commonly mistaken for krakens, though both are different creatures.

BTW: I'd be interested in more info on those SST Letter Books abiraniriba. Please drop me a line to know of these releases.
  2. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Aw, what a gyp! They played episode 4088 (from 2005) where I live. I wanted to see the pirate stuff. Ah well, can't win 'em all. At least today's episode (here) had some great Snuffy and Count moments.

Convincing John
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Hey, that ain't no gyp; episodes from 2005 are the best episodes to date!
  4. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Not a gyp after all!

Even though it wasn't the pirate episode, the episode here wasn't bad at all. I gotta admit except for the "Hewo Guy" and that (shudder) Elephant, it was a pretty good episode. As an "old school" fan, I liked it! An old school "Grover with kid" moment aired, the Letter of the Day (K) was excellent with Cookie and Prairie, and of course, Jim's Ernie is always a treat ("Imagine That" was shown). The episode had a lot of Jerry Nelson in it. Yay! Lots of the Count, the "I'm A Little Airplane" song, (I love that song) Number of the Day, and playing the tornado in EW. Of course, if something has Jerry Nelson's voice in it, the awesomeness factor automatically goes up for me.

Ironic that they had the tornado on in EW, well for me to see it anyway. I was at the library last night and they blew the tornado whistle!

Tornado: "You can't play outside while I'm around...."

Yeah, and it also interrupts your browsing of Muppet Central and makes you go to the basement! LOL!

Convincing John
  5. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

Wow, the tornado was played by Jerry Nelson? I didn't know he did work in post-2000 "Elmo's World" segments! (even though this one was from 2002)

Similarly, the East Branch library in my city has an old civil defense siren near it, which might've actually been meant to be used as an alert if there was a nuclear war/attack coming, like in "Duck and Cover."
  6. abiraniriba

abiraniriba New Member

old ep, letter books

Channel 13 did an old ep of SS today Snuffy's cloud wish involving 40 balloons.
    special to Count there is a PM in your mailbox and I have included a partial transcription of the P and Z books from the letter book set in this post

P

Zoe's Purple Pants

A package came from the postman
    All the way from Paris, France.
    My parents knew I wanted
    A pair of purple pants...

The story goes on from there with Zoe having a number of strange things in her pockets that start with the letter P including a python. At the end she has to figure out how to put them back!

Z

Zoe's Z Book

"Oh Zoe," called her sitter.
    "It's time to go to bed."
    Oh zounds, oh zoot, it couldn't be.
    I'd rather play instead."

Zoe tries several different ways of delaying her bedtime all using a Z word and eventuallly winds up sleeping with the characteristic Z's emerging from her mouth.
  7. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I watched a little bit today, I think Chris is very funny and a great addition to the cast. I think I could easily watch him anytime. And Cookie was very much in character, not realizing that being a cookie seller means you have to SELL cookies, lol.
  8. D'Snowth

Well, now that the season is over, I wish I could give it an "overall" opinion, but I really can't at this moment since I've missed SOOOOOOOO much.

But from what all I have seen, though, I do believe my theory continues to be correct: every other season is a good one, while every other season is a disappointment.

So since Season 36 was the last pleasing season, and 37 was the last disappointing season, I must say that what I've seen of 38 so far, it's been a pleasing season!
  9. heralde

Hmm, so Sesame Street's taken a lesson from the Star Trek films! Lol
  10. D'Snowth

Um... not that I know of... it just seems like when I started watching Sesame Street again on a regular basis back in 2001, every other season was a good season, while every other season was a bad one. Like, this is based on my opinion...

- Season 32 (2001) was a good season.
    - Season 33 (2002) was okay... the MAJOR set changes threw me off for one thing.
    - Season 34 (2003) was a great season! Great, memorable storylines, plus the birth of Curly Bear.
    - Season 35 (2004) was a very depressing season. "The Street We Live On" was a good special, but the rest of the season just didn't do it for me.
    - Season 36 (2005) was another great season, with more memorable storylines. My favorite season to date.
    - Season 37 (2006), although we had the introduction of Abby Cadabby, was VERY disappointing on a lot of levels.
    - Season 38 (2007) was (from what all I've seen so far) has been another good season, with nice, fun storylines.
  11. heralde

Right that's what people always said about the Star Trek films, that every other film was bad (while the others were good obviously). :)
  12. D'Snowth

Okay then...
  13. abiraniriba

abiraniriba New Member

new ep today

I missed the cold opening but i managed to figure out that the word was Newspaper. I liked seeing Chris introduced as Gordon & Susan's nephew. Good to see Susan again too, haven't seen her in a while. Though maybe Loretta Long had retired or died or something. Elmo's world mouths was new and interesting. I like mouths they're great for kissing among other things.
  14. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah, so glad I finally got to see Fred Newman seeing as my TV went out on me on that part the last time. There's just no turing that guy off... He's great!
  15. The Count

Hi... To those of you watching Episode 4137: Action Dog for the first time either today or tomorrow... Would like to ask something of you.
    This episode contains the A's Anatomy parody. There are two AMs that Grover refers to as "lowly medical students". What I'd like to ask is, if anyone watching is familiar with the actual show Gray's Anatomy, which two characters would these AMs correspond to? In other words, which two characters from the real show are these two Muppets parodies of?

Hope to get some answers/replies... Thanks and have a good day.
  16. abiraniriba

abiraniriba New Member

No ideA

I sAw todAy's ep of SS. I'm not A fAn of Grey's AnAtomy so I don't know the nAmes of the two med students thAt grover wAs putting down, frAnkly As A teAcher I wouldn't reccomend treAting your students like thAt no matter whAt it wAs you were trying to teAch them. In my educAtion clAsses we Are tAught About hAving high expectAtions for All our students. And thAt works At the college level too, whether one is going for his first bAchelor's or his fourth doctorAte.
    Other thAn thAt I liked todAy's ep, the word on the street wAs dog a good word for kids. I'm still wAiting to see when the word hypotenuse thAt Another poster sAid AppeAred this seAson. I wondder if he mAde An error, becAuse A hypotenuse is A rAther complicAted geometry concept for preschoolers (mAybe he meAnt hypothesis).
    I liked the 11th Street sketch And the ideA of the word dog Acting like A reAl dog.
    As for the scrAm moon ending, it wAs nice to see A different kind of parody then the usuAl trAsh Gordon.
    Well I better be going I have 11 million things to do today. Now there's a number I'd like to see the Count try to count up to in the show.
  17. The Count

Well... It's not that "hypotenuse" was used as one of the Words of the Day, it's that the word itself was part of the spoken aside from Telly during the song parody "My Triangle" sung by James Blunt.
    Hope this helps.
  18. abiraniriba

abiraniriba New Member

I still want to see it

Okay so it was an aside, probably meant for the grownups who should be watching the show with their kids instead of just plopping them down in front of the TV as if it were an electronic babysitter. Still it could provoke some questions that might take a parent a little work to answer. For those of you who have forgotten your fifth grade geometry classes the hypotenuse is the side opposite the right angle in a right triangle, it's also the longest. So in order to explain a hypotenuse you have to first explain a right angle, the uppercase letter L is probably the best example for preschoolers, then you have to explain a right triangle, make the L into a triangle by joining the two endpoints, then you have to explain the fact that the side opposite the right angle means the side directly across from it, the line that you just drew. By this time the poor kid is totally bewildered, but he/she might have it. My next lesson will be the Pythagorean theorem.:zany:
  19. abiraniriba

abiraniriba New Member

Lazy?

Saw one of the new eps today.
    Missed CoLd opening but saw street scene with Lucy the Lazy Lizard, so I soon reaLized the word of the day was Lazy. Wrong word for me today We just finshed moving my desk this weekend and there's stiLL a Lot of work to be done so today is definiteLy not the day to be Lazy. WeLL maybe just LittLe bit I wiLL Lounge around for exactly 14 seconds.:D
  20. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

oh thanks so much he he, i guess the girl who plays Gina , looked like the pirate lady to me he he sorry about that .

any way i am so glad to see Marco there he is such a pretty baby .

i hope that we will see him more often in the on the new episodes of sesame street .:)