1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Actually it was this comedian named Tina Fey. Just letting you know who it was for sure.
  2. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Okay, I got the worm cup episode today. (Don't worry there are only about three or four more eps this season that I haven't seen so I might not be doing this too much more often. Lol.)

Anyway, I agree with Dr. Tooth. I like how caring Oscar is with Slimey. While he's grouchy with most people, caring for his pet shows his soft side. Also, this was a good Carroll Spinney episode as well considering both Big Bird and :grouchy: got quite a bit of airtime. Of course, in real life a bird would have looked at all those worms down there and thought of it as a big buffet. Oh, well I guess they didn't feel like they could get away with that on a kids show. For the most part, I really liked that ep.

I don't know. It seems like they play stuff that's even older than that. Ex: The original version of "Rubber Duckie;" Bert teaching Bernice how to play checkers. (I think that one probably came out in the 70s) I don't think it's so much that those sketches are 'old.' I think they're more afraid of the content of sketches like those. For example, they might feel a guy like tough Eddie might be a bit too scary for little kids. But I agree with what you're saying though. If they could have shown sketches like that in earlier years, why can't they do it now?
  3. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I try things and you learn for them. I believe this show knows that better then any. But I have always windward myself why Bid Bird doesn't swoop down and eat Slimey, myself? It's like Maria once told Cookie Monster. "You eat cookies... it's what you do!" I mean how much more true is that about birds eating worms? LOL! But I don't think they'd do that to poor slimey or Oscar either. Haha!:D
  4. Daffyfan2003

That's true, but someone mentioned that one time Big Bird did try to eat Slimey. He was trying other foods besides birdseed. I guess that was from the earlier years when they could get away with more than they can get away with now. I'd like to see a clip of that one though.

This sort of reminds me of ALF wanting to eat the Tanner's cat Lucky. Although, it was natural for an alien from his planet to eat cats, he never did. Just thought I'd use that comparison.
  5. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I was just thinking about Alf and his "tabby pot pie" line this moring for some reason! LOL!:)

But I really want to see that episode your talking about too!:)
  6. Daffyfan2003

Yeah. I've never seen it. I've just heard of it. Thank goodness for You Tube. I'm hoping we'll see it there sometime soon.
  7. abiraniriba

abiraniriba New Member

Ballet

I saw the ballet ep of SS a few days ago. Very interesting, especially seing everyone in tu-tu's (no I'm not going to pass judgement on cross-dressing here A) I know it was just for fun and B) this is one of the child forums and I need to be careful with the mothers out there.) Haven't seen the word hypotenuse turn up yet, though, as soon as I see it I'll try to construct a lesson on the Pythagorean Theorem for preschoolers as I mentioned when I first heard about hypotenuse being used in SS.
  8. abiraniriba

abiraniriba New Member

tricycle

So, the word on the street today was tricycle. Very interesting, I kind of liked Grover's magic 8 card trick too, even though eveyone knew the trick.
    I also liked all the toast puns that were used by the AM at the fix-it shop while she was waiting for her toaster to be fixed. Oh well, guess I better be popping out of here for now. POP
  9. abiraniriba

abiraniriba New Member

I have nothing to say about today's ep of SS, cause that's what it was about, nothing. The number of the day was 0. The letter of the day was I. Kermit came back and everybody disappeared.

That last sentece was two separate thoughts.
  10. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

I've noticed about the zero episode, that worm professor only just babbled in the "Slimey to the Moon" episodes from 1998, but here he speaks perfect English! Also, I found the Zero's voice a bit annoying. (No offense to those Joey Mazzarino fans. :halo: )
  11. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

Today, I finally got to see the Fairy Tale Emergency episode in full (the infamous non-Elmo's World "Rock paper scissors shoot! Paper, paper. Tieeeeeeeeee!" episode) As I said, the Big Bad Wolf's voice in that one (I found out it was none other than Tyler Bunch, thanks Muppet Wiki!) doesn't really fit the character. Maybe the puppet used, but not much else. But I enjoyed the animated "Get out, stay out, don't you go back in" segment, mainly because Jerry Nelson did the voice of the fire-fighting wolf!
  12. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Not sure where to put this, it's just a cute little story. I was walking today and passing me was a Mother with her child in a stroller. I was pleasantly surprised to notice the little girl was holding a Grover stuff doll. It was freezing outside and she was clutching the doll like crazy for comfort, lol.

Awww, utterly adorable, just like Grover!
  13. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

Awww! There is hope for Sesame Street, if this generation of children still considers Grover huggable...:flirt:
  14. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I know! That's just what I was thinking; and I was so suprised. And it was rather touching. You always see a ton of kids with Elmo gear, and then you see this one little girl clutching Grover. :D
  15. Wiseman

Wiseman Member

Here's another post for you to review Phil

I saw one of the new eps of SS today. The family one, that is, I liked the way that Telly's pretend family showed that families argue sometimes, yet they are still a family even if not evrybody shares the same opinion on everything.
  16. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Now I just hope to see someone holding on to a Big Bird!:p
  17. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Yesterday I saw the episode with the NY Jets visiting SS with Elmo.

Noticed how Elmo wore a football helmet with a red star.

He should of wore a silver helmet with a blue star since which is interesting since the Dalls Cowboys' color helmet and as of now they have beaten NY badly 34-3.
  18. Daffyfan2003

Okay, to bring some life to this thread, I thought I'd comment on this one since I saw it for the first time today. I thought the plot was good, but some of the characters should have been changed around. For example, it seems like in this ep and in the tricycle ep Big Bird and Elmo seem to be best friends. I haven't caught a Big Bird/Snuffy moment this season. In reality Big Bird probably wouldn't like Elmo very much since he's been hogging the spotlight from BB as the main character on the show for the past decade. :mad: So I don't always care for the pairing up of those two. I think the 'song for two' would have been better if the pair had been Big Bird and Snuffy or Elmo and Zoe. Also, when the fourth character came along, they could have used a character that we know like Telly or Grover rather than a generic AM. I liked the concept though. I also liked that it referenced Ernie's addition song. I only saw parts of this ep so I didn't know that they actually played that one as well. So that was Jerry's wolf? That's good news. Maybe we'll start seeing more of Jerry's characters in new material, specifically Herry Monster. I also liked when those country singers did their version of the song "Songs" from Elmopalooza.
  19. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Just saw the song where Papa Bear was singing about how he gives big hugs or whatever it was. Hilarious!:D
  20. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

It was mostly Baby Bear (with a few lines from Papa) singing about how "Papa Gives a Big Bear Hug"...hope somebody puts it on YouTube soon!