Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I finally got to catch a bit of the show today. I definitely enjoy listening to Rosita's voice, it's very nice. And Alan is a joy to watch. And I was relieved that the point of the beginning of the episode was to show that families aren't happy all the time.

Still feeling a sort of "kiddy" tone, but overall it was OK.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Some reason my DVR didn't record today. I have it set on Weekly but it didn't do it. So i missed today's episode. Oh well see it in reruns.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well I finally got to catch a bit of the show today. I definitely enjoy listening to Rosita's voice, it's very nice. And Alan is a joy to watch. And I was relieved that the point of the beginning of the episode was to show that families aren't happy all the time.

Still feeling a sort of "kiddy" tone, but overall it was OK.
Yeah... but I'd replace the word "kiddy" with "unbearably dull and full of uninterresting filler that wasn't interresting the first time". :halo:

ssetta

Reaction score
Sort of a "meh" episode today. Here's the rundown.

Episode 4146:Rosita, Telly, and Zoe Play Family.
Cold Opening: Word on the Street: Murray Monster asks about "family".
Street Story.
*Why do we need a song to repeat what was just said in the exposition?
Animation/Film with instrumental musical accompaniment.
Celebrity: Word on the Street Explanation: "Family".
Song: "We Are A Family".
Letter of the Day: N, with Prairie Dawn and Cookie Monster.
Animation: You've Got a Letter: N.
Film: The Adventures of Alpha Boy: N, Nibbling noodles with his neighbor Nora.
Animation: Song: "The Island Of Emotion".
Muppet-Kid Moment: Kayla sings the alphabet with Abby Cadaby.
Song: "I Believe In Little Things".
Muppets/Celebrities: Song: "Take A Turn".
Claymation.
The Count's Counting Organ: 12, with a tittilating tap-dancing 12.
Song: "Counting 12 Stars by 3's".
Film: Weird counting segment up to 12, some guy called Milo.
Muppets: The Twiddlebugs take their family picture.
Song: "Please Say Cheese".
Elmo's World: Families.
Bedtime Story: Gina the Veterinarian: Camel in the Desert.
Was that the original film version, or the animation that was done recently?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
GAAAAHHH I hope not. They aren't as funny or as clever. They are cute, but they are just dull compaired to Gordon dressing up as a Hammy 1930's sereal style sci-fi hero. Even the "grouchy Bed Time story" segment was great.
I guess I see what you mean. It just seems like they're running out of ideas for TG. I mean, I haven't seen any new ones of those this season. Still it would be a good idea to have the endings vary. Again, I did like the ending scene the other day with Abby talking to Baby Marco. That reminded me a lot of the old days, when they didn't need to do anything really special for the ending. It was for the most part just a normal street scene. I'd like to see more of those this season.

I guess I will want to check Muppet Wiki to look up who the celebs were. I'm pretty sure it was McGraw (Tim, not Quickdraw) in the "Take a Turn" segment, because I saw him in a magazine today at the dentists office. I don't know who the lady was though.

wiley207

Reaction score
Was "Take a Turn" a rerun skit? This counts as Herry Monster's second appearance in this season, even if it's reruns. I think Herry was originally meant to be Jerry Nelson's main character, until the Count became popular.

wiley207

Reaction score
BTW, who performed the wolf in Episode 4145? Joey Mazzarino was busy playing one of the pigs, so I'm guessing it's either Kevin Clash or Marty Robinson. Too bad; I liked Jerry Nelson's wolf, even if he sounded like Herry Monster.