Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

SSLFan

Reaction score

Why do I have the spooky feeling that someone at the Workshop is reading this forum? Several months ago, another user (I forget who) remarked that a hip-hop arrangement of the theme would make more sense for Sesame Street than the calypso arrangement used in '92, since the show is ostensibly set in New York City. Someone in the music department must have agreed, judging by what I heard on TV this morning...I agree that the new opening arrangement looks and sounds too much like "See the Signs", but otherwise it wasn't too bad. .

Well, if someone really is reading on this fourm......START SHOWING MORE OF BIG BIRD! I DON'T CARE IF HE'S NOT THAT POPULAR ANYOMORE! HE, ERNIE, AND BERT ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR GETTING YOU TO WHERE YOU ARE TODAY!:mad: :rolleyes: :smirk:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I DON'T CARE IF HE'S NOT THAT POPULAR ANYOMORE! HE, ERNIE, AND BERT ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR GETTING YOU TO WHERE YOU ARE TODAY!​

Amen to that! Another important lesson to teach kids: just because something's old, doesn't mean you throw it away. Someday the things you love will be old too, and you would want them to be treated with respect. It's good to set an example now. Or there will be nothing left worth preserving.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Uff da... It seems I misread the Muppet Wiki article on Sesam Stasjon. What's actually going to happen is that a new channel for kids in Norway is going to show reruns of the program, starting this December. Still, it would be nice if Global Grover commemorated that...*keeps her fingers crossed*

Drtooth

Reaction score
The CGI squid bugged me. The computer stuff just doesn't mesh with the real-world characters; it looks totally out-of-place.

I hate their new CGI direction. Perhaps if they used the WALDO (a device created by Henson that can control remote puppets and CGI creatures) I would understand. Not to mention I am disappointed they didn't make a Muppet squid. That would have kicked so much shell...

What they did with one of the last Global Grovers got it right. They didn't even need to show old film footage of something to get their point across. They did it completely in the realm of a classic Grover style skit.

I'm hap hap happy Get up it's time to play is dead, the way it should be (which is the worst thing to happen to SS ever, dumbing it down as far as it can go... and I can't even bring myself to say Dumbed down in the realm of SS), but they still have to put these rediculous psuedo excersize things in the show? The Sit down/ Stand up thing in particular.

I didn't like the new Library song either... but I hate any filmed segment that doesn't feature a celeb or Muppet or cast member anyway. Always have.

It all and all felt less and less like SS due to the limited Muppet segments in the show. I can take extra Elmo stuff, since he's at least a Muppet....but other than that, the non-muppet skits kept coming. And they were DULL....

I really hated the number and letter segments they used today. I don't like their new stuff, but at least it's new. I want to see them retire those 1990's dancing African rythmic counting segments. I really do.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It is very strange that they seem to prefer the non Muppet segments. If they want to teach letters and numbers etc, there is a lot of Muppet footage, old and new, that they could be using. But perhaps they are required to use work from outside artists.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm not saying it has to be exclusively Muppets, but outside the main segment, Chris Brown's song, RSI, Elmo's World, and the Closing, the only Muppets that popped up were Cookie hosting part 2 of letter of the day, that bit with Abby, and the old Footage of the Count at his pipe organ.

There was way too much Non-muppet, non-animated junk for my taste.

But I liked how the new closing credits were short. Not too much time taken away from the show itself... no thanks to the multiple sponsers they have to advertise. 2 Minutes gone from the show already.

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
Elmo and the bookaneers it minds me a show now playing in Seaworld Orlando.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems like the show had already been trying to phase out having Ernie in every episode. Last year, when Journey to Ernie was dropped, there were still Ernie sketches in most episodes, but some episodes had sketches that didn't particularly star Ernie, like Bert's Blanket (where he just makes a cameo) and Dancing Shoes (where Ernie only appears in the background).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Oh, and if Sesame Workshop is secretly listening to our suggestions...

WE WANT OLD SEGMENTS WITH KERMIT THE FROG, ROOSEVELT FRANKLIN, GUY SMILEY, BIFF AND SULLY, SHERLOCK HEMLOCK, AND LITTLE JERRY AND THE MONOTONES TO BE SHOWN IN NEW EPISODES! AND WE ALSO WANT THE RETURN OF MONSTERPIECE THEATER AND MIAMI MICE!

I hope that works.