1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Sorry. You got to be quicker on the draw. Lol.

I agree. Thank goodness for Classic Sesame Street moments on You Tube. I'd take those over the current Sesame Street any day.

About Big Bird, well it's only been two episodes so far and according to the press release on the website he will star in an episode where he makes a number 0 feel better so that's a good sign. Besides, I don't think they'd have Big Bird, Bert, Ernie and Grover in the opening credits if any of those characters were phasing out, so we'll just have to keep watching this season.
  2. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Episode 4136: Gordon's Nephew Chris

The storyline:
    I really enjoyed this one myself too. I'm thinking i'm going to like all the episodes all this seasons. Chris like everyone has said before he does remind me too as a young version of David. Cool to see a new store worker other then Grover, Gabi or Natallie. Loved the Count and Cookie's apprence in the episode. I knew that Ed would love it with Count being there.

Songs:
    Some new some old. Pretty cool.

Elmo's World: (which i didn't talk about last time)
    But the only reason liked this was "Fred Newman" was with Elmo and he's always made me laugh. I love all his sounds he does with his mouth. Cool.

There's my two other cents for this episode. Loved it and couldn't get enough. Can't wait for tomorrow.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I wish I could make sounds like Fred, man, that guy's a genius!
  4. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

He has a masters in business from Harvard and makes silly sounds for a living, LOL! :D

Anyway, hey count? Don't you mean Bernie the Broccoli doing ouch ups and not Maury?
  5. His name is Burry Brocolli.
  6. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Thanks, I knew it was something like that, LOl!

Did anybody notice that Don't Know Y" had a bit of an extension at the end. It felt a little like a different take to me.
  7. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Well... If it was Bernie/Burry instead of Murray, so be it. Just going by the voice rather than on-screen appearances, you guys know about my eyes by now.
  8. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

I have to admit I caught the second show of the new season today, and I must say they are taking a gamble with this new hip-hop version of the theme song. :concern:

While I must admit it has been a while since we saw a new human character into the series I wish the best of luck towards Chris.

With the episodes that we know of now, I must say that we are in for an intersting season. :)

However I will admit that the Sesame workshop didn't forget the classic SS members of Big Bird and Ernie and Bert, besides I suspect if the new Theme song is correct is that we are in for a change of scenery when we finally meet up with those two. :o

Until tomorrow SS fans.
  9. I feel a bit sad that the new Sesame Street theme song doesn't include The Count in it, at least.
  10. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Yeah, I noticed that. I wondered why I hadn't remembered it. I figured that it was cut from it's release in All-Star Alphabet (the introduction is cut as well), and had thought I just forgot about it when I first saw it.
  11. Kerri

Kerri New Member

Good, then it's not just ME. I friggin HATE those things!
  12. Abby*
    Elmo*
    Super Grover*
    Oscar
    Zoe
    Rosita
    Bert
    Ernie
    Cookie
    Big Bird*

Characters marked with an asterisk also appear in the closing.
  13. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

I liked the new opening theme and the new closing theme as well. They got rid of that hashed animated closing theme.

And that new guy, Chris, seems pretty cool. I liked how since he was new to SS, he was surprised at the Count's counting methods and his thunder storms, the dancing elephant, and how Cookie eats non-food stuff like signs.

And I liked how Cookie was trying to sell cookies and how that woman said, "Who cares about calories?" I guess it shows that Sesame Street isn't too politically correct after all.

And it looks like that elephant now has a name. Horatio Elephant.

This new season looks pretty promising. :)
  14. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

It does, doesn't it?
  15. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

You know, them minutes after Elmo goes "That's why Dorthy wants us to sing." I lost the sound directly after the word sing for the remainder of the episode. But it funny because he was talking about mouths, haha!:)
  16. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I'll be the first to comment on today's show again. Lol. Sorry, Dr. Tooth. Anyway, I'd have to say that this ep was better than the last two and it did incorporate more characters. We did see Big Bird, but only briefly. Still that's a good sign. What I thought was really interesting was that the street scene went on throughout the show in multiple parts like they used to do. I've always liked it better that way. Chris seems cool too. It's funny how he acts when he finds everything he's read about in the story actually happens. Plus, we got a new scene with loveable, furry old Grover. I liked "Alphabet Hospital." I liked some of the lines of dialogue as well, especially when Telly tried to get an idea and make a ding.

Baby Bear: That was a 'doing.'

--------------------------------
    Telly: (Wanting Luis to be the 'g' in dog.) We need you Luis. Without you, we're just "do."
    ---------------------------------
    Baby Bear: We'll have to make the sound of the word "dog."
    Luis: Oh.
    Baby Bear: No, I'm 'o.' You're 'g.'
    ----------------------------------

Come to think of it, since the theme of the show was 'dogs,' they could have included Barkley somewhere.

Another thing, I'd like to bring up is in the "Letter of the Day" segment. I realize that's a few years old, but the captioning spelled ay-pricot and ah-pricot the same way. If Linda or Samara had seen that, they really would have been confused. I realize that's a bit irrelevant here, but I had that thought and wanted to mention it. I still haven't caught "Trash Gordon" or whatever they'll have at the end yet, so I'll write more later on.
  17. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

OK... Finished another one. And you know what the big surprise is?
    A street story that takes up the entire episode.
    But even then... There was a second surprise that I won't mention and I urge everybody not to either or we'll never hear the end of it from a certain former forum member.

Episode 4137: Abby's Dog Word Book.
    Word on the Street: Murray Monster asks about "dog".
    Street Story, Scene 1.
    Live Film/Song: "I'm So Happy" by Bobby McFerrin.
    Live Segment: Word on the Street explanation, is this Conan O'Brien?
    Live Film/Song: "Washin' The Dog".
    Segment/Song: A Soap Opera.
    Animation: Wilma Wiggins hiccups an opera.
    Street Story, Scene 2, with a brief appearance by Big Bird.
    Animation Song: "In My Book".
    Letter of the Day: A, the traditional segment with Cookie Monster and Prairie Dawn.
    Song: "Soul A".
    A's Anatomy.
    Live Film: Two kids do some simple exercises, talking about a person's brain and all it controls.
    Animation Song: "Sing" with animal sounds.
    Street Story, Scene 3.
    Animation Song: "The Letters Of Your Body".
    Celebrity Moment: Robert Dinero and Elmo: Imagination Acting.
    Animation Song: "Make-Believe" by Cecille.
    The Count's Counting Organ: 11, with ticker-tape party.
    Film/Song: Kids looking for an 11 in the city, *thumbs down not because of the hip-hoppy nature of the song but because they never told us where they found the number itself.
    Postage Stamp Series: 11.
    Street Story, Scene 4.
    Animation Song: "Beginning, Middle, and End".
    Muppet-Kid Moment: Murray Monster and Danielle talk about pets.
    Wanda the Word Fairy: Dog.
    Animation: Over and Under Dog Tricks.
    Song: "Get Up, Get Out".
    Animation: Two Gnorks play square-ball.
    Song: "The Moon Shines" by Zoe and Herry.
    Segment: A poem called "Night".
    Bedtime Story:Scram Moon.
  18. I liked today's episode. They seperated the street story in like 3 parts.
    I liked "A's Anatomy" and the segment with Conan O Brien doing dog sounds.
    There hasn't been a Ernie and Bert sketch, Global Grover, 'This is the Game Today' segment yet in season 38 and there wasn't something else that would be in every episode since 1998 in today's episode.
  19. alizakaila

alizakaila New Member

wed episode

Today's episode was quite enjoyable especially since there was no Elmo's World!
  20. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

are they testing the waters so to speak no Elmo's World and running the street scen through out the whole show? Is this a sing of things to come or of things to past?