Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
WE WANT OLD SEGMENTS WITH KERMIT THE FROG, ROOSEVELT FRANKLIN, GUY SMILEY, BIFF AND SULLY, SHERLOCK HEMLOCK, AND LITTLE JERRY AND THE MONOTONES TO BE SHOWN IN NEW EPISODES! AND WE ALSO WANT THE RETURN OF MONSTERPIECE THEATER AND MIAMI MICE!
That would be nice obviously. If Sesame Street is really an experiment and forever reinventing itself, there's no reason it could never happen. Just have to wait and see. :smile:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Mybe so it just gets tireing when people keep repeating this time and time again and they're not going to change back just to satisfy the older genration.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I really enjoyed it and can't wait for more.
Episode 4135
The new theme song:
Really enjoyed it. Thought it was clever with it opening like a book.
The storyline:
It was ok but still enjoyed no matter what. Cool to see the library again. I hope to see some new songs in the library like they did in the old days.
Songs:
I really enjoyed the songs from Abby and Elmo and that Chris guy. They were both pretty cool. I had already seen the Elmo and Chris guy song on the web before i lost the connection of the internet. But can't wait for tomorrow.

Cool to see some older segments from the 90's and the new Oscar the grouch at the end. That was funny and hope they do more like that. So that's my two cents to the whole episodes and but i'll keep watching and keep letting everyone know how i feel about every episode that air.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Cons:
different.
Pros:
I was surprised to see all the old letter and number inserts, AND they have gone back to having 2 letters per episode, for the first time since 1995!
I've noticed that too. That was interesting. Also, it seems like they're listening to us about not having the Cookie Monster "Letter of the Day" things all the time, especially when the letter is used in the street story. I actually didn't see past the letter 'f' inserts, so I missed the Cookie Monster part in today's show. However, a muppet/kid moment with CM was a good idea. It's better than having the same old "Letter of the Day" skits that they've been showing since season 33. It's always good to give classic Muppet (ex: Big Bird, Grover, Cookie Monster, :frown: , :stick_out_tongue: & Oscar as much airtime as possible.
Now, to talk about the street story. Well, same problem that the show has had for the past decade. Too much Elmo and not enough other characters. I thought it was good that they used Abby in an insert rather than in the street story. If they did that more often, they could make room for a street story that would incorporate other classic characters, if you know what I mean. I guess they were a little inconsistent with the library's location. Also, who's running the place now that Linda isn't on the show anymore? For that matter, who the heck ran Hoopers when Alan went out with the pirates and Elmo? Lol. Since I'm working at a grocery store now I can't help but wonder about these things. In general, I thought the plot was a little weak. I think they could have done more. For example, when Elmo had to find three 'f' words, he could have left the store and maybe found Maria and Luis fixing a 'furnace' or something like that. All the claymation stuff on the show, might take some getting used to. I kind of liked the new opening though. The closing I didn't see, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to comment there. I was a little worried when the Brian Williams news report came on, because at first I thought they were really interrupting the show for something. That might have been better if he had interviewed a Muppet. I understand their concern about using :smile:, but they could have used Telly's 'Monster on the Spot.' So who all did we see today Muppetwise, aside from the opening and possibly the closing: Elmo, Cookie Monster, Oscar and the Count (in old footage). Hopefully as the season progresses we'll get more of Big Bird, Grover, Bert and Ernie and any other classic Muppet I forgot to mention. I am looking forward to meeting Susan and Gordon's nephew tomorrow.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Overall, I really liked the first ep of the season. I can overlook new theme music if I have to.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah! I thought that the news thing felt a little to real, but it content was just to nutty to be, LOL! The CG squid saying the alphabet was very annoying! Can't really say anything that hasn't already been said here. But I really liked thins episode over all and really liking the new season so far! I liked the Opening and closing music right before the show starts and ends When they say hi and say the sponsors.

Personally, I think Miami Mice would be a good Idea because I would really love to see it again, but it's a little outdated, LOL! I Actually like the scene transitions! But the reason the theme and the "See The Sign's" song sound similar is because they were both arranged bu the same guy. I forgot his my my space address, but he said that he wrote it with Kevin and that he mad him do like six drafts and that he even had an alternative version of the song on there, too.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
The Tina Fey street scene was VERY long, boring, and unfunny.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Mybe so it just gets tireing when people keep repeating this time and time again and they're not going to change back just to satisfy the older genration.
Just as you have this opinion, keep in mind others have the right to their's.

ISNorden

Reaction score
I wouldn't want to see all those segments and characters revived (a lot of viewers, child and adult alike, would get seriously confused). But for Pete's sake, I don't want to see mainstay Muppets like Ernie and Big Bird phased out either: they're not particularly outdated after 38 years, and the new performers are doing the best they can to fill the old performers' shoes.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Maybe maybe not.

Some may not be all that bad but it's really not for us to worry about.

My point to everyone it not that they can't have an opinion is there's no sense to keep repeating this time and time again when it's unlikely to ever happen and it's the audiance it's targetting that's important.

So it's just my opinon to not keep going over something that's been covered time and time again.

Since the cassic SS section is rarely busy we should simply challenge our energy to just talk about the old SS and what we saw all on SS those years ago.