Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 40

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Some of the titles on the Wiki don't match what's being listed on various TV Guides and info descriptions on cable...

Like for example, for the episodes that have just recently aired, they have them listed as like "Frankly, it's Becoming a Habitat", "The Cowmonster Pair", and "Baby Bear is Afraid of Bees".

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I watched today's episode. The street plot, Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures, and even Abby's Fairy School were all good.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Some of the titles on the Wiki don't match what's being listed on various TV Guides and info descriptions on cable...

Like for example, for the episodes that have just recently aired, they have them listed as like "Frankly, it's Becoming a Habitat", "The Cowmonster Pair", and "Baby Bear is Afraid of Bees".
Most of those were created before the official titles were online/in guides, so I wrote a brief plot title from the press kit info.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okie-doke.

Anyshoe, did anyone besides me get a kick out of the jabs of today's technology? Abby complaining about lack of bars on her cellular wand? How she should switch to another network? How she's not fond of her current "friends and fairies" plan? And the ever classic "Can you hear me now?"

Today's new episode also kind of reminded me of Bee Movie, lol. Good movie, but I guess you have to be a fan of Jerry Seinfeld to appreciate it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And I thought my thread killing days were over... :embarrassed:

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I don't know about all of you, but I think that if they could, then maybe the 3-d Abby's Fairy school segements should be on DVD.

That leaves more time for the street story, as they do need to show more of the Street scenes and less of the new stuff and bring back some of the old commericals moments on the show. :wisdom:

Also the idea of making Murray, the Sesame Street version of Traveling Uncle Matt from Fraggle Rock is a stroke of genius, in my opinion. :batty:

dwmckim

Reaction score
a repeat of tuesday's episode. Can't they show new ones instead of repeating one that just aired? Considering the fact that the season started later than in the past and there have only been reruns on for such a long time
Most areas did play a new episode today - #4189 Baby Bear Is Afraid of Bees. Of course each PBS station is different so sounds like that was a local quirk with yours.

Keep in mind though that regardless of what time of the year the season debuted, since there are only 26 episodes a season now, new episodes will be spaced out. Since it's the very beginning, we're treated to several new episodes in a row now but there will be gaps between them (otherwise they'd all be shown in just over five weeks).

dwmckim

Reaction score

All the titles for the Season 40 episodes can be found at the Episode Guide section of sesamestreet.org (man, i wish they'd update that with stuff older than season 35!)