Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 40

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I Finally saw the :grouchy: episode and it was worth the wait to me.

I mean WOW, that's just classic Oscar all of the way.​

Rendal

Reaction score
I just watched the Mary Mary epsiode. It was very cool and old school. No Abby, No Elmo. And we've gotten more Bob this season that the prior 3 combined! :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I Finally saw the :grouchy: episode and it was worth the wait to me.

I mean WOW, that's just classic Oscar all of the way.​
Hmmmm. I notice Oscar's role has been light this season. We'd see his can quite often, but you never see him when you expect to. Then again, I've only seen a few eps this season, so hopefully I'll see more Oscar-centered eps when my local station goes back to airing the new ones.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay... I understand repeats of Abby's School... but THREEPEATS? We're halfway into the season and we're STILL seeing reruns of the Dance segment? I understand there's a money problem and everything going down at SW (Thanks PBS!) I also understand they want to make these episodes last... but THREE TIMES? Way to bore little kids, man... Whoever decided that we need to run them every single episode should have at least decided to show more than 5 segments over and over and over. Not to mention we only get 26 episodes now, and we have to pile on the reruns of episodes that just aired so a month's worth of episodes lasts from November to the end of February.

Other than that, I'm glad I only saw the first segment and flipped in between that and PeeWee Herman on Bonnie Hunt. The portion with Baby Bear and Mama Bear was priceless... but that was about it. It was cute, but not all that interesting. Elmo seemed to be there just to be there, though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmmm... Am I the only one that knows that they had new episodes this week?

First off, I just have to say NEW ABBY! Finally. After all the reruns, we finally get a new episode with a never before seen episode for a change. That was getting repetitive on multiple levels. Honestly, if SS wanted to make this work, they should have thought it through a little more when interweaving the segments.

Pretty good episode, despite being an Elmo heavy show. We got a rainbow of monsters... and I was thinking that Elmo was going to pull out Zoe, Telly, Cookie... the regulars... but we got a bunch of random unnamed monsters, Narf, and Lulu (who muttered "Hey! I remember you guys!"... ha ha). And we got a reference to Gordon being a science teacher.

Abby's school... yet another episode that makes me just want a little PVC or plush of Blogg. I really like how Abby got annoyed with Gonnigan's constant "It sounds like this: 'Ding a ling a ling a ling!'" Cuz, I sure was. Nice bunch of gags... even a reference to the Artist formerly known as Prince (is he currently known as Prince now?).

I say, what's the deal with the Sesame Street English Cookie Monster letter segments? :insatiable: I know they're supposed to be "anime" but somehow, they look a lot more European to me... maybe the conjoined eyes (Smurfs, Marsupilami...etc)?

Nice how they added a new Murray letter of the day opening into the mix. I kinda liked that one... "Old McMurray had a farm!" Only thing that it needed was more person/Murray interaction.

And after another wait, Ernie and Bert's great Adventures was on. Not that I don't like Murray's Lamb segments... but I was missing these. Kinda a boring one, though.

But I think the highlight of the show was Adam Sandler's "Song about Elmo." I don't know about you, but that just reminded me so much of the stuff Adam used to do on Saturday Night Live... you know, when he was funny. Head's up... if anyone makes MP3's of these, I'd sure like that one.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Im kind of fond of the new anime Cookie and Elmo as it was showign the characters in a good light, it would be interesting to see how the other SS characters do look like as Anime.

Also with the Abby Cadabby's new 3d mini-show, it could be fun to see the show entirely in 3-d for a special or so.

To me any form of Sesame street shown in any media form, would be a nice change for a few shows/specials.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Im kind of fond of the new anime Cookie and Elmo as it was showign the characters in a good light, it would be interesting to see how the other SS characters do look like as Anime.
I said it before, but somehow, Cookie looks more European than Asian... it must be the conjoined eyes... There are hardly any Japanese anime characters with conjoined eyes... the cop from Tensai Bakabon and Sonic the Hedgehog (though he's a game character created in Japan, so he counts) have conjoined eyes...

As for Europe... sure... the Smurfs were routinely drawn with conjoined eyes, as is Marsupilami, The Snorks, as well as a bunch of others that I can't name at the moment. I know it's a nitpicky thing, but it's that international cartoon eye I have. Grover and Big Bird look VERY Asian, though. And again, nitpicky, but I tend to think of them more as "Hello Kitty-ized" than anime...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Has this season shown anything where Ernie was performed by Jim Henson? I would hate for an entire season to lack a Jim Henson sketch... Were any Henson performances on the show last year?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Sorry, but no. The oldest thing they've shown so far this season is one of the Growing Number films.

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
Last season had the skit where Ernie sang I Don't Want to Live on the Moon with Aaron Neville and Ernie's voice was pre-recorded in Jim Henson's voice due to his death.