Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 42

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
And was that Jerry Nelson voicing the Big Bad Wolf again? It sounded a lot like him, sort of like how he was in the "School for Huffing and Puffing" News Flash from the 1980s. But I seem to prefer the Wolf when he's in segments, like the News Flashes or another certain song or sketch (the Wolf Lineup, Monsterpiece Theater's "Dances With Wolves," etc.)
Yeah. I thought that sounded like Jerry. I know Joey often voiced the Wolf in recent eps, but I think Joey was voicing Hubert in the same scene, so it very well could have been Jerry voicing the Wolf, of course with someone else puppeteering.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Jerry was voicing the Wolf. Matt was actually voicing Hubert in the street scene.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh, okay. I thought Matt usually did the puppeteering for Jerry's characters, so that leaves the question of who would have been puppeteering the wolf.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Drtooth, if you look on Muppet Wiki, you'll see that there's 8 new AFFSs this season, so I guess that's a plus. They will get repeated, but still.

Also, the Murray experiments this season include rockets, bubbles, cars, umbrellas, bridges, racquets, kites, sunglasses, sports, skateboards, fruit, swings, chopsticks, boats, tools, a Rube Goldberg contraption, twirlers and bouncy balls. So, there may not be that much repeating with the new tune-ins.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Did... uh... Did Zoe say "You're touching Rocko's Butt?" before Elmo recoiled in horror, or did she say foot?

Anyway, I did like the Rocko is a rock.... that likes to X jokes... but I feel this is going to be a trend. A bunch of episodes that say "How can we make a such and such" and have the rest of the episode about trial and error. Doesn't seem like there's going to be too many, but they really should have spaced this storyline so it didn't seem so much like the previous day's plot line.

And once again, the street is completely deserted except for 3 characters. :stick_out_tongue:

Abby was pretty much the highlight. I like the variety in today's episode... the trouble (as little as it was) being caused by Abby (Blogg or Gonnigan are usually the ones behind it), and it dealt with a more social value than some of the others. I find episodes like that and Colonial Trolliumsberg have a stronger feel to them than stuff about shapes or colors. This show really would work better on its own, though, but it's fine where it is now.

The J robot was kinda cute, but I think the 12 Chickens one really managed to get the one solitary alphanumeric skit to work. Counting to 12 repeatedly in song makes up for the fact they only show one clip. Unlike something that says such and such a letter starts one word or symbol recognition of a number with no value or count (such as those dreadful, almost 20 year old mural paintings we're bound to see again this year... I'm obligated to reference those once a season starts).

The Murray stuff is working nicely again. Craig Ferguson was a riot (love the "Check his food for hormones" line. They aren't kittyfooting around this season). I'm glad to see Ernie and Bert's Great Adventure, not so happy its one we've already seen. And The Heaviest Catch I swear I already talked about when it was released online. Great stuff. Like how the CGI squid manages to mingle comfortably with the regular Puppets. That's what I want to see all along.

I don't want to play a Mr. Noodle's Brother Mr. Noodle's been dead several years now card, but really... I know they're stuck with EW and all... but why not make some new ones? it's... it's just there at this point. I know the kids who are watching this don't really know or care that these things are about 10 years old in cases... but somehow I just want to see if there's some way they can gently ween kids off the stuff and transition to a better Elmo related segment.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Did... uh... Did Zoe say "You're touching Rocko's Butt?" before Elmo recoiled in horror, or did she say foot?
She said butt. Blogg also said it in AFFS. The street story was very funny. I like the Craig Furguson bit. The Murray tune-ins were fun. AFFS was hilarous! I laughed at Ms. Sparklenose's goofy laugh. I love that the show is getting back to that adult edge besides the parodys.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
My god, it's too bad my VCR has ceased to work. 'Cause today's street story would totally have worked in the "Elmo vs. Rocco" video I posted on YouTube. I absolutely loved Elmo and Rocco today.

It may just be my mentality after watching "Juno" for the first time, but the 12 Chickens song had a definite hipster sound to it. That's not a criticism, I really liked it, it's just an observation by me. Finally, I really hope we get some more inserts into each show. If the EW segments can come from 10 years ago, some other inserts can as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, that chicken segment seemed very much like something that was part of the Aniboom contest that was held over until this season (as they already had a 12 segment... we all know what that one was). Seems like, since we have no solid info about it.

Music definitely had that Juno/Adventure Time type feel to it. I usually decry that stuff, but in the context of a kid's show it works magically. Very cute segment.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I was surprised that they used the word 'butt' on Sesame Street and Elmo's reaction was priceless. As for the Elmo vs. Rocco situation, I sort of thought he softened up towards Rocco. I mean, didn't he learn anything from that ep last season when Rocco got lost because he wasn't watching him and Zoe got angry for saying he was just a rock? I guess not. That was an interesting experiment though. I actually never knew you could make a rock float like that.

MuppetsFan4Life

Reaction score
The Rocco's Boat episode had me laughing so much!!!

Elmo: But Rocco's just a rock!
Zoe: A rock who needs CPR!

I loved it! I think Elmo is slowly starting to imagine that Rocco is real in Zoe's eyes. As much as he doesn't want to admit it, I think he's having fun with Rocco. But, I love how annoyed he gets. It's so funny! And Zoe overreacting when Rocco sinks is just too much!

That was the first episode I saw of the new season (since I missed the one on Monday >_< ) but I am excited to see more!