Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 42

Drtooth

Reaction score
Which adults were in the Fiesta song?? were Bob, Susan and Gaby? and one question: where is Miles??? they have written out his character in the last three seasons! why??
Miles' actor left to focus on his own career outside of the show. I don't know where Gabi is, but she pops up from time to time... but Gordon, Alan, Maria, Luis, Leela, Chris, and of course since the episode was about her, Gina. But you don't even see THAT many actors on the same episode at once anymore.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, Miles has already been re-cast twice. I guess they felt if they kept doing that, kids who watch might get confused. Seems like they thought it was better to write him out of the show altogehter. :smile::confused::embarrassed: "Seems like they thought it was better to write him out of the show." Though you'd think they would have at least mentioned what happened to him. Maybe they'll make some mention of where he is in the flood episode. It just seems like Chris and Leela are the new Miles and Gabi of the show right now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Another engineering show. They lay this stuff on thick, especially that extremely amateurish car building "film" segment at the end.

At least the Humpty Dumpty part was kinda fun. Like the new Humpty Dumpty Puppet they've had recently. The weird storybooky looking one was never a favorite of mine. But do egg cartons really have that much protection? You can break them in the carton if they're dropped.

Rerun Abby, Rerun Super Grover, rerun filler...

Great to have another Modern Family cast member doing the Word on the street. And probably the best one of the season. Not even behind one of those colored backgrounds... on Sesame Street itself. Comedically, it does remind me of Ray Romano's "Frustrated" word on the street bit from long ago. Nice one. And nice use of Cookie Monster too.

Wonder why they had that different Murray tune in last episode? They went back to the exploration ones again.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I liked the street story today. Jerry Nelson did a good job voicing Humpty. The Murray tune-ins were fun. I haven't seen the Super Grover 2.O bit in a while, so it was good to see that again.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
At least we got two letter/number segments in today's show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There were 2 letters? I changed the channel in annoyance of seeing the sort of Sanrio looking Cookie Monster for the umpteenth time.

2 Numbers I knew, because I like that thing about the penguins.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, there was a new letter A film after the Cookie segment.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I liked the street story today. Jerry Nelson did a good job voicing Humpty. The Murray tune-ins were fun. I haven't seen the Super Grover 2.O bit in a while, so it was good to see that again.
That was Jerry? Wow! First the wolf than Humpty. Seems like Jerry is really active this season. I thought that he was only sticking with his most familiar characters such as the Count and Mr. Johnson. I'm really looking forward to the ep where Mumford appears. It would be great to hear Jerry performing him again.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That was Jerry? Wow! First the wolf than Humpty. Seems like Jerry is really active this season. I thought that he was only sticking with his most familiar characters such as the Count and Mr. Johnson. I'm really looking forward to the ep where Mumford appears. It would be great to hear Jerry performing him again.
At least the Humpty Dumpty part was kinda fun. Like the new Humpty Dumpty Puppet they've had recently. The weird storybooky looking one was never a favorite of mine. But do egg cartons really have that much protection? You can break them in the carton if they're dropped.
I have to agree with that. I work in an environment where I have to play with egg cartoons every day. You really do have to be extra careful with those. Apparently Humpty never worked in a grocery store. Besides, where in the nursery rhyme does it say that he was an egg? Lol. Couldn't resist getting that joke in.

Convincing John

Reaction score
I work in an environment where I have to play with egg cartoons every day. You really do have to be extra careful with those.
"You have to be careful with eggs..." (skip ahead to the 3:15 mark) :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRmN4KnfPxQ

Seriously though, that street story was fun. Great to hear Jerry as Humpty Dumpty. I'm looking forward to the Mumford cameo, too. I always wondered what would happen if Abby and Mumford met. Seems like we'll know soon.