1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 42

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Sep 25, 2011.

1. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

The chef, whatever his name was.
  2. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I hope I see it soon. I was watching it with my mother one day, and Abby turned him into a horse, and he was freaking out so much! I'm thinking Chris my friend, this is AT LEAST the fourth time you've been transformed into something, why are you not used to it buddy? My main problem is he slows down episodes! Did you see the one with Baby Bear liking to play with dolls? Gordon explains to Baby Bear that he shouldn't be ashamed of it, and says he likes to wear pink. Then Baby Bear goes back to tell Telly the truth (Thanks Gordon!), and our good friend Chris comes in complementing Gordon's shirt and asking if it's his size. Umm.........that wasn't necessary to the plot in the lest Chris. Though none of the new humans since I've been born are any good. (past Alan)
  3. antsamthompson9

I just saw the R mystary for the first time. It was great to see Mumford again. The new Murray tune-ins were okay.
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm as sick of repeated footage in a single season as I am sick of repeating that I am. But 3 times with that Grover 2.0? And Measure for Measure again too? It's painfully clear that I just need to see the 10 minutes of opening to get all the new footage in an episode. Really... I understand you dug yourselves into a hole with Abby's flying Fairy School being on every day... but there's no call for three runs of Super Grover (especially when it alternates poorly with Ernie and Bert) and there's definitely no call in reusing an extra segment introduced in that season twice with at least 10 years of footage you'd be willing to show. it's getting harder and harder to give them the benefit of the doubt, especially since there's a 2 week wait of reruns that came before this reused footage extravaganza.
  5. antsamthompson9

I liked the street story today, esbicaly when Baby Bear parodies Japenise movies. The Murray tune-ins were fine.
  6. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

can anyone post the new Mumford skits?
  7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

8. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

thanks did anyone else notice that when Mumford had a close up of his hand it was kind of shaking a little?
  9. Canadian Fan

Canadian Fan Member

Wow, I never thought we'd see Abby and Mumford in a scene together (they should do an episode together; both have magic powers and mess up sometimes). I'm still waiting to see Abby and Ernie share a scene together (she had a few scenes with Bert).
  10. Oscarfan

Today's new AFFS had a total missed opportunity for a "herring" joke.
  11. Drtooth

It was new? I took that for granted that it was a rerun, and I didn't catch it. Eh... I'm sure it's going to be on again 3 more times.

But today's episode was special for so many reasons. It focused on the humans rather than the Muppets first of all... I don't think I've seen that for quite a while... plus the episode seemed very old school 80's. I really love Big Bird's role in this one, as the overly inquisitive kid that keeps annoying someone with obvious questions and answers when an adult is frustrated trying to do something. LOVED the Count counting everything that broke too.
  12. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

You took the words out of my mouth, Dr. Tooth. I liked that this one focused on the classic characters (ex: Big Bird, the Count, Super Grover) rahter than the ones we're tired of seeing over and over again (ex: Elmo, Abby, Baby Bear). Yeah. It has been a while since we've seen a human centered episode. Plus it was nice to see Susan and we know she'll be in the flood episode, so that makes two appearances of Susan this season! Ah ah ah!
  13. antsamthompson9

Today's street story was good. I liked the new AFFS too.
  14. Drtooth

It isn't even the inclusion of classic characters... it's the storyline, the roles of said characters, and just.. just everything felt classic about it in every way. There was no forced curriculum, there was no obvious gimmick to the episode, it was all together more classic for what wasn't there than what was there. I hope the Flood episode is just as well done as this one.

I am sick of episodes where Abby and Elmo go on guessing games for something (though I loved letter R mystery), and I hate how forced science and nature have become the past 2 seasons (every other episode in season 40 and 41 was completely the same). It's nice to have a story line that DOESN'T focus on any specific educational goal, especially very specific ones that would tend to be out of reach for the intended audience.
  15. Canadian Fan

Canadian Fan Member

I think I read on Sesame Street's website that the 'Flood' episode is on this Thursday (December 29). I just happened to catch part of the street story on today's episode (was flipping channels).
  16. Drtooth

While there was nothing worth commenting on after the street story, what a street story it was. Ernie, Bert AND Oscar. Nothing bad about that at all, and that's just character selection. Much like the previous episode, it had a very classic feel to it. It could have even easily been broken up into smaller segments like an older episode. Oscar freaking out about accidentally helping, Ernie and Bert needing Susan and Gordon to act like pidgeons/rubber duckies... these last 2 episodes were special. But it's back to reality tomorrow with Elmo learning about nature again... Too bad. This mini saga of Superintendent Maria was one of the best things to hit the street in years.
  17. antsamthompson9

I just saw the long awiated Flood episode. As espected, it was awesome! Great to see Steve preforming in a street story again.
  18. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

Please can someone put the flood and super maria episodes on youtube?? I would be very pleased!!!! thankss!!!!
  19. Canadian Fan

Canadian Fan Member

I saw the 'Flood' too and I loved it! It's just too bad that Steve didn't live closer to NYC so that he could be in more episodes (although he's busy with Kermit's appearances).
  20. Oscarfan

FINALLY. A new Super Grover 2.0. I was hoping for an E&B adventure instead however (even a reused one).