1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

If it isn't, I wonder why they just didn't take what they did in season 40 to heart and just have unused characters as background characters in a crowd. They did that with the Count Golf Tournament skit with Guy Smiley. That was a few seasons before season 40 to boot.

2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i just hope more jerry nelson characters make cameos in season 44 even if they are silent, just passing by, or a one line part!

cahuenga likes this.
  3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Well, keep in mind, there actually is some new Jerry material airing with the season, which I'm assuming he recorded during pre-production before he died.

4. muppetlover123

oh yeah totally spaced it :p but still hope they got some other characters then just the count maybe like herry mr johnson or like forgetful jones

5. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

OK, this may sound like a really stupid question, but is that Eric or Matt performing Herry? I know that Matt has been taking over for Jerry quite a bit, but on the other hand, this man looks kind of like Eric. If anyone has an answer, let me know.

6. muppetlover123

oh thats defently eric but he may just not have any of his own characters unless he is recast as Herry

7. Oscarfan

Or it's just a voiceless cameo...

8. muppetlover123

thats what i was trying to say by saying if he had none of his characters in that scene

9. Drtooth

Holy freaking cow!

BEAKMAN WAS ON SESAME STREET!!!!

well.. not Beakman the character, Beakman the actor... but now BOTH Beakman and Bill Nye the Science Guy have been on Sesame Street! Awesome.

And the best part, Murray had amazing chemistry with him. "Hi! I'm a Compact Disk! No body loves me anymore!" Priceless. Absolutely priceless. I'm glad they didn't even bother lampshade hanging about the fact that Murray's a puppet. That seems like an old gag now, and they took the high road on it.

The street story was great. There really was a lack of Baby Bear/Telly episodes this season (or at least less than usual). Those ones are always highlights of the season. Bobby really sold the performance and gave a great Kool-Aid man reference. These art based episodes (and I hope they don't go overboard and ruin them like everything else) really manage to get the trail and error thing they have to hammer into the audience a nice subtlety.

Anyone else remember the episode of Muppet Babies where Piggy made a "sculpture" of Kermit by just covering him in a thin layer of clay? Seems like that's where baby Bear got that idea from.

How many times this season did we need to use that *&^% Abby about the Dinosaur Macaroni sculpture?

And, while I would complain about them waiting until the last darn 3 episodes to show a new Super Grover 2.0 (finally) only to show it 2 episodes later... you know, rather than not showing the same old ones two and three times before hand... it was a reminder that the segment is fresh and funny when you don't have to see the same jokes over and over.

10. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

The new street story was good. I loved Baby Bear getting inspiration by singing "Porridge Art" with heaven lights above him. The Word of the Day bit was good. The best part was Jon Hamm saying he'd get a hernia. The Peeps in the Hood bits were great. I loved Murray talking about how no one uses CDs anymore. Oscarfan, here are the old Muppet bits they showed until you get the episode file: AFFS macaroni-saurus, SG 2.O needle in a haystack, the Feijoo sisters dance the lambarena, and ETM Athlete.

11. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I'm glad they redid that needle in a haystack bit, since I couldn't catch it online anywhere. I know they tend to overplay segments too much, but in this case it was a good things.

So no one uses CDs these days? I must be old-fashioned. I was hoping they'd have some references to the Muppets being puppets themselves, maybe even some cameos by the shows puppeteer's.

The street story was good. It's still trial and error, but there's a little more originality. That Quackerduck Guy was cool too. I guess he was supposed to represent a cross between the Quaker Oats guy and Kool Aid Man.

Just a little side note here. I look forward to the next episode. I hear Bob and Abby will have some interaction. Seems like in the six years she's been on the show, the two of them have never actually met. Lol.

12. Drtooth

Only one episode left.

I really hope they get this budget situation under control for the next season. At least to the point they don't stretch 26 episodes to last over 8 months.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  13. muppetlover123

14. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

I saw the season finale street scenes on the sesame page and I can say season 43 its the first season of SS that Susan and Luis arent seen in any new street scene....:(

15. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Did they appear at all this season? I know Bob only appeared in an insert in season 42. It's sad that so many cast members seem to be phasing out. Well, maybe not phasing out, but are on and off.

16. Drtooth

You realize these people are old, and some of them have other careers. They're not going to be around forever, and they are going to have to be replaced with new cast members at some point. the perils for a long running series. Meanwhile, Bob really got more screen time than the last couple seasons.

I swear Susan was in this season, but considering how long they stretched the episodes out, I can barely remember the first half of the season.

17. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

Susan only was on a repeat of an episode from season 39 "The hat contest", but not in a new episode, instead she was on 4 episodes from season 42. Bob was in 3 episodes this season and only appeared on an insert in season 42. Although in each episodes they were, they had more dialogue than in the last 3 years altoghether.

18. Oscarfan

Considering season 43 was filmed during two different season taping sessions, whatever they may have gotten a chance to film was part of the different seasons. I'm pretty sure I read Susan will be in season 44 somewhere, don't remember where though. Luis will be in it; he's part of the crew photo on Muppet Wiki.

19. Oscarfan

Since the season's over tomorrow, here's the season-long album I've been making:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/m57q60lg53jrkjj/Sesame Street Season 43.zip

It includes:
    • All the songs from the street stories and inserts
    • All the Elmo the Musical songs
    • The songs from two resource videos: Healthy Teeth, Healthy Me and Little Children, Big Challanges: Divorce
    • Two viral videos: "Share it Maybe" and "Counting the Yous in YouTube" (along with the slightly revised version of the latter).
    ENJOY! :insatiable:

20. Drtooth

I know I should wait until the next episode airs and give a season review to say this, but...

I really wish they'd drop the fake sponsors. They're just not funny. I mean, it's just like a 10 second window for the show to gain otherwise, not much they can do there... but if they were trying to subtly parody the sponsors they have to have, there's just so much opportunity for them to do something actually funny.

muppetlover123 likes this.