1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Your Thoughts: "The Muppet Movie" Nearly 35th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

When you receive your Muppet Movie Blu-ray, post here and let us know your thoughts...

PLEASE NOTE: Muppet Central's official review of The Muppet Movie Blu-ray will be on-line shortly. This post will be updated when the review is on-line.

It's official! The restored version of the Muppets first feature film, "The Muppet Movie" is coming to Blu-ray and DVD on Tuesday August 13, 2013. Find out all the official details here on this anticipated Blu-ray release.

Since most of us will be getting the restored version of "The Muppet Movie" we'd like to mention that if you pre-order "The Muppet Movie" on Blu-ray or pre-order "The Muppet Movie" on DVD from Amazon using these links, that a small portion of your entire order will go to Muppet Central to help make future upgrades possible. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the movie with a low-price guarantee - if the price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll automatically receive the lowest price. Thank you for supporting MC by placing orders through Amazon links on our site.

If you have seen "The Muppet Movie" on Blu-ray or DVD, please like this post.

2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Got my copy. Wow awesome restore of the film.

3. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I love the Extended Cut of the hilarious Screen Test! the audio of the screen test is way better than the Columbia release. I could tell that it was Steve Whitmire performing Sweetums. :) :o :grr:

muppetlover123 likes this.
  4. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

I'm watching it right now (I'm at Steve Martin's scene haha, I am extremely impressed with the picture quality! Muppet movies always seem to look fantastic on Blu-ray... you can see the puppets' textures so well.

I'm now looking even more forward to Great Muppet Caper and Myppet Treasure Island on Blu-ray.

5. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Really that's interesting! I really can't wait to get a hold of this. I went to Wal-Mart today with no money just to see if it was there and yes it was!

6. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Well-Known Member

I thought the bonus features lacked a little, but not as bad I was thinking. It's well worth the buy, heck having the digital copy makes one heck of a bonus.

7. dwayne1115

here's a question. Is the movie in wide screen or pan to scan? remember 2005 when they where just going to release pan to scan and changed it to have both.

8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It's widescreen.

muppetlover123 and dwayne1115 like this.
  9. dwayne1115

Oscarhan you always seem to answer my questions, and I thank you for it. Your a very well informed forum member and MC is lucky to have you.

10. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

Yeah fortunately nowadays people are actually smarter and informed about things like original aspect ratios. Honestly I can't believe it was ever even a thing that movies were chopped up for home video release. I'm so glad I learned the importance of OAR before I really started buying DVDs ~ten years ago.

Anyway, my point is that it seems when it comes to Blu-ray the studios do it right an only release a movie or show in its OAR, thank goodness.

11. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I wish I could say how awesome the release is, but it seems that Australia will be getting it last...again. Anyone know about the release date?

12. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I don't have a Blu-Ray player yet, but I'm thinking of picking this up in advance of my purchasing a BRPlayer, (I have to get one eventually, right?)

I wanted to point out, that if you enter your code for the Muppet Movie on Blu-Ray during the first week of it's release, you'll get double the points. So hurry!

13. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Just like you'll have to eventually get whatever replaces the Blu Ray. ;)

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  14. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I have debated over whether to get this release or not. Oddly enough, I feel more sold on it for the Doc Hopper commercial over the camera test.

At first I thought the commercial was an extended version of the scene, before figuring it's probably just the commercial in full screen as opposed to on TVs in the film, meaning we get to see the thing better (and if the sequence has any reaction shots where we don't see the TVs, and I can't remember off-hand, then we get to see those parts). Though I read in one review that this version of the scene still has vocals from Kermit and Fozzie even though they're not shown (so Jim and Frank provided voices as reactions when the scene was filmed/tapped as opposed to having them make reactions while they were filming them watching the commercial?).

I wonder why the camera test was shorter on the first DVD release (did they just happen to find a longer version?). I haven't even seen much of the camera test. I started watching it on YouTube some time ago (I think it was before the features were even announced) but never got around to watching all of it.

15. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

Bought it tonight (along with the CD soundtrack)... on the camera test, whos voicing/performing Sweetums? :grr:

16. muppetlover123

im pretty sure its steve whitmire

17. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Favorite moment of the screen test:

:o: Hold on Kermit, Sweetums let loose the rabbits
    :): You let loose the rabbits?
    :grr:: Sweetums Sorry, It's just...
    :o: Oh, he killed four of them
    :): YOU KILLED FOUR OF THEM?!?!?
    :o: Never mind, they were faking

18. Just to make sure, does anyone know if the DVD has the same bonus features (including the camera test) as the Blu-ray?

19. muppetlover123

No it has pepe profile

20. Ah, so the DVD doesn't have the camera tests?