1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 3

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, May 14, 2008.

1. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

Theres no chapters..There are subtitles on "Muppets on Puppets" will have to check the others..

EDIT: there are subtitles on the other bonus features as well.
  2. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Can anybody tell us what the back of the DVD box set looks like?

What kind of Muppet pictures are on the back of the box?

Just curious, And excited! :) ;) :D
  3. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Funny you should mention this, because Franks Oz implied in a resent interview that he was not even aware that the show was even being released on season sets.:coy:
  4. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

Animal and Kermit are looking out of a brown curtain, thats it. The inside cassete has a photo with red seats that has various muppets sitting in them. Note that the pictures of the characters are pictures edited in, it's very poorly made, and theres a lot of difference to the quality of the pictures they pasted together...the image they used for Rizzo are from Muppets Tonight, he has the headset on.

I don't have my scanner at hand right now otherwise I would have scanned it and posted it here.
  5. David French

David French Member

There is a repeat, but it was intentional.
  6. Jabber

Jabber New Member

Which one is Amazon selling?

The review mentions that there are two versions of the cover (one with the felt "bearskin" and one just printed/shiny). Amazon's product page doesn't say which one they are selling. Does anyone know?
  7. ploobis

Thats ok, Buddy. I can wait to see it on Tuesday when I pick it up. ;)

I'm still so excited about this DVD set!

One of the things I'm looking forward to seeing is Dr. Teeth singing "Mack The Knife" (The UK bit) from the Lesley Ann Warren episode! :D
  8. ploobis

Is that interview on Youtube?
  9. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I think the interview William is talking about was done for an internet blog or news site of some kind when Frank's movie "Death at a Funeral" was coming out, so no, I highly doubt it's on YouTube. :p If you want to find said interview I think you could search through either Muppet Headlines, Muppet Appearances, or Henson People. Just type in Frank Oz Interview and it's bound to pop up somewhere.:wisdom:
  10. Davina

Davina Member

got mine today! (speedy amazon order.. wasn't expecting it so soon...)
    cover is the fuzzy one. Haven't had a chance to watch yet, but the cover art is very nice. bi-fold instead of tri- fold like the first one. instead of an episode guide insert, it's printed on the back.
  11. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I'd have to hear more about the Company of Players thing, because it does sound like it could have been better.
  12. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

That's just like Season 2's case.
  13. pattywack

pattywack New Member

What? That sucks! I thought he would have stayed a dedicated fan at least ... argh.
  14. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

He is a dedicated fan, it's just that he has other things in his life nowadays. And he's not going to see the projects he worked on the same way as fans would anyway.
  15. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

The left screen version is also on the Time-Life version.
  16. uppitymuppity

uppitymuppity Member

OMG - eat your hearts out everyone! My friend who is an editor for a well known mag is headed over to my place with the Muppet Show Season 3 - freak out!

We're going to watch it on my big screen. God, I hope it's the fuzzy cover!:o
  17. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

WHOA! Uppity, that's AWESOME! Super jealous, man! Have a great time!
  18. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Great review, Phil.
  19. Davina

Davina Member

hrm.. well i'm on disk 2 and so far, no real bonus material, which is a little sad, but hey, at least i have the episodes...
  20. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

Well you can see on the index that the bonus material is on disc 4 :)