1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: The Muppets on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon"

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Dec 21, 2009.

1. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

As others have said, what you are saying makes no sense. The bit was exactly the same as the tv special version. Fozzie was being forgetful, not stupid. They aren't the same thing. Piggy was done EXACTLY like Frank performed her, if anything Eric did a much better job at singing with Piggy this time than ever before. I honestly think you just don't like Eric period are will always find fault with his work. Compare this version with the John Denver special version and you will see Piggy and Fozzie are exactly the same.
  2. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

I'm not necessarily talking about just this piece. And the stuff Frank did in MTI... it's well-known he wasn't for the idea of doing the person in his finger. Frank was starting to fall away from the fold. And yeah, he is definitely hands-down the best puppeteer. I'm just saying that Eric's performance is boring and annoying lately. He banks too much on what everyone already knows about the characters, and doesn't provide much depth. I can do a better Fozzie. I don't blame you if you think that's a stupid thing to say, but just ask some of the other people who went and auditioned for the Muppets in California back in 2005. At least with Steve I'm used to Kermit being off. While I don't care for Steve and Eric's performances at times, I'm really liking Matt Vogel and David Robinson, so at least I'm not being a total pessimist here. It's just like anyone doing an impersonation. It's not just the voice you have to have down, it's that person's personality.

And yeah, Dave's gone so far in performing Gonzo that to pull him back a bit would be a mistake. So really you're stuck between a rock and a hard spot with that one.
  3. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Actually, I'm always very interested in hearing fan impersonations of the Muppets. I hope one day you will upload a video of your Fozzie impersonation to youtube or something one day so I could hear it. I've thought of doing it myself, but I know all my impersonations are lousy... I just enjoy doing 'em.
  4. jeffy

jeffy New Member

I thought Fozzie was really funny, and IN CHARACTER (something not true in the latest movies).

But, wait a minute, do you mean it is exactly the same joke as o-so-many years ago?
  5. jeffy

jeffy New Member

Oh, excellent. My wife JUST asked me who the pupppeteers are in 12-days, and I couldn't answer her. She told me I should be ashamed of myself! :o
  6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Fozzie was SO funny and totally caught the audience up in his performance. LOVE the costumes too, and was especially pleased to see Rowlf'o on the keyboard!
  7. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

Does anyone have an mp3 of the performance? If you do, could you please send it to me? (arianne.gallagher@gmail.com).

If you're still in the muppet x-mas spirit check out my newest fanfic, One More Letter!
  8. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Already sent, hugs. :) :mad: ;)
  9. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Eddy, can Prawnie get it too, pwease? :halo:
  10. The Count

Done. And with this, I've now hit the second possibleYahtzee post total, 2-3-4-5-6.
    Hmm, maybe I should change my luggage combination to that.

*Free cookie to whoever gets the reference.
  11. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

Thanks for the mp3 Count! You're the best

[QUOTE]Originally posted by the Count
    2-3-4-5-6.
    Hmm, maybe I should change my luggage combination to that.

*Free cookie to whoever gets the reference[/QUOTE]

Nice Spaceballs reference! President Skroob would totally agree with you!
  12. The Count

*Gives Arianne the cookie, chocolate chip for her. insatiable:
  13. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

I finally got a chance to see this (away from the Tivo or a good internet connection for a while). I thought it was fantastic! I loved that it was a treat for older fans who grew up with John Denver, but still legitimately funny in its own right for a general audience. LOVED Fozzie's forgetfulness. Especially the part where he just plain forgot and said "What?" as though he had no idea why Jimmy was staring at him.

Also, thanks to Jimmy Fallon for having such enthusiasm and affection for the Muppets! It's always clear when he has a Muppet on that he really likes having them there!
  14. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Yea why Jimmy Fallon is not a membere of Muppet Central I will never know!
  15. AndyWan Kenobi

Maybe he is!
  16. Beauregard

Anything you want to tell us AndyWan?
  17. AndyWan Kenobi

Not at this time. ;)

Of course, if I did have a secret identity as the host of a major late-night talk show, it would be a little self-serving of me to come in and pat myself on the back. Plus, I would have been so star-struck working with the Muppets that the whole show would have gone down in flames!
  18. Beauregard

Me thinks the man protests to much...
  19. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Oh, thank goodness! It's on Hulu now!
  20. AndyWan Kenobi

:D

(plus a bonus :D for the Shakespeare reference)