Your Thoughts: The Muppets on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon"

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yea I was also shocked at how great Scooter sounded, and I think it was a good start to getting Robin back in the main core group.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
I just saw the vid and as a Scooter fan, it's great to hear him singing! Something I don't he's done as clearly since Richard performed him. And David sounded great! :wink:

Also, I do quite like Robin's new voice. It's not bad at all. You can hear a difference yes, but it sounds close enough to Jerry's Robin. And Bill's Rowlf IMO, was the best it's ever sounded so far.

It's wonderful to see these characters back in the core group again :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It was really fantastic and near perfect. I give it a 98/100. Robin's voice sounded like a good effort that will grow on us like Steve's Kermit did.

Rowlf's voice was spot-on, but the person puppeteering him did a rather unremarkable job. His head was flapping around in an amateurish, flappy way rather than an excited way. That's the only weak spot to me, but most people probably didn't notice. :sympathy:

But Scooter, man, that was pitch-perfect! I was so pleased. :wink:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I enjoyed it the performance! I also enjoyed how some of the muppets, like Scooter, and also Fallon, shook their heads every time Fozzie messed up. I also enjoyed the audience clapping when Fozzie finally got his lines right too.

And David's Scooter was great.

thekittybox

Reaction score
First I thought maybe they had re-used the old voices... but realized they hadn't. It was so amazing. So good!

Miss Piggy looked utterly gorgeous. Her hair, her cheeks, her dress... she was breathtaking. Her voice was perfect too. I loved this Piggy soooo much. :mad:

muppet_fan_1

Reaction score
Tie-In

I also kinda kept wondering why Pepe was wearing a dress, Even if his line was "Nine Ladies Dancing". :rolleyes:
It may be in reference to not only his line in the song, but it's the same tu-tu from Muppets From Space! I laughed so hard!

This is one of the best appearances I've seen from them in a while. They really do work best as a group. The solo appearances are great, don't get me wrong, but MUCH more entertaining when they have other Muppets to play off of.

Sam did have unusually bushy eyebrows, so much so that you couldn't see his eyes, but maybe his waxer was out of town for the holidays?

Piggy looked GREAT, the voices were TERRIFIC, and so refreshing to hear the audience get so involved. Just goes to show, people relate to mistakes easier than perfection!

Loving all the publicity! :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
I really loved this appearance - a perfect start to Christmas. Most of the audience wouldn't have seen the John Denver version so this stands on its own really as just a fun bit of promotion for the Muppet gang and i thought they pulled it off perfectly. I'm surprised Pepe didn't get more of a laugh with the tutu, haha.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I see they did an almost exact copy of the John Denver version. Nice to see that again! And poor Fozzie still can't remember his line! Robin's voice kind of bothered me, but otherwise, great to see!
Yeah. You can tell they had that in mind. Of course they did switch some things around putting Pepe in place of Waldorf and Statler and Rizzo was in the place of Bunsen and Beaker. Or was it the other way around. It's hard to keep track. Plus I don't think Fozzie forgot his line on the John Denver version. Oh, there he did 'two turtle doves.' I guess he got the easier one then. Lol.

MWoO

Reaction score
Yeah. You can tell they had that in mind. Of course they did switch some things around putting Pepe in place of Waldorf and Statler and Rizzo was in the place of Bunsen and Beaker. Or was it the other way around. It's hard to keep track. Plus I don't think Fozzie forgot his line on the John Denver version. Oh, there he did 'two turtle doves.' I guess he got the easier one then. Lol.
Pepe was in place of Janice, Sam in place of Statler and Waldorf, and Rizzo in place of Floyd and Zoot, though Zoot didn't actually say anything first time around. Also in the John Denver version Fozzie did the same line forgetting bit. Of course this is the tv special version I am talking about, the CD version could be totally different.