Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I kind of try to think of it as, all the story plots are individual of each other, i.e. you can't use the muppet movie to explain something that happened in Muppet Caper, plotwise. But each story serves to highlight more of the characters qualities so you could use the movies to back up reasonings for personalities if that makes sense.

beaker

Reaction score
i know that, but when they included the whole history of TMS, they're talking about what actually is canon, so it gets confusing
The fun thing about muppet canon, is that there isnt really any set canon. They play with it at will. And in interviews talk about how there is no real canon. its been stated in interviews Gonzo is NOT an alien, and it only pertains to MFS.

But its fun for fans to come up with their own fan fiction and ideas. I like to personally hold MFC 1987 as the be all end all ultimate Muppet continuity given it has Fozzie's mom's house as this cross section nexus that brings together The Muppets proper, Fraggle Rock, Sesame Street and even Muppet babies. I like to think that Bear in the Big Blue House would fit in there somehow. Also the idea of Fraggle portals is a fun one. Just where do Fraggle cave portals exist? Maybe under the Muppet theater or Sesame Street or Bear in the Big Blue House? Certainly into the Dinosaurs world since Gunge had a cameo

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I like to personally hold MFC 1987 as the be all end all ultimate Muppet continuity given it has Fozzie's mom's house as this cross section nexus that brings together The Muppets proper, Fraggle Rock, Sesame Street and even Muppet babies.
Plus they even managed to include a song from The Christmas Toy! :smile:

zoebell

Reaction score
i still think of it as being the muppet show plus their press appearances. and some of the specials

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i still think of it as being the muppet show plus their press appearances. and some of the specials
at the end of the day it really just boils down to how you want to see the Canon, its so lose no one has a finite answer like i stated earlier my personal one goes

The Muppet Movie(actual story of how they all met)
The Muppet show seasons 1-3
The Muppet movie( the one they sit down to watch) 1979
The Muppet show Seasons 4-5
The Great Muppet Caper- (A movie they Act in)
The Muppets-2011

zoebell

Reaction score
i never thought of the muppet movie as being the actual story of how they met. kermit said in an interview that he and piggy really met on the muppet show when she was a chorus pig. which is exactly what happened on the show, so that's why i figure stuff on the show was canon

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
so that's why i figure stuff on the show was canon
True, but then again there are problems with the show sometimes. Scooter is clearly in the show's first episodes but then suddenly is introduced in episode 6 as a new character, lol.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I feel like if he headed off and the whole thing was I'M going to Holloywood, I have a dream etc, you can come if you want but it's MY dream, I wouldn't like him nearly as much.
Kermit didn't really invite too many people. The only ones he was shown inviting were Fozzie and Sweetums. He suggested they give Big Bird a ride, but Fozzie's the one to actually ask (and it's hard to tell if Kermit just intended on giving Big Bird a ride to Hollywood or just furhter down the road). Fozzie was the one to invite Gonzo and Camilla, we don't know whether Kermit or Fozzie invited The Electric Mayhem but it's Fozzie who asked if they were sure they didn't want to go to Hollywood, it seems Kermit didn't intend on letting Miss Piggy tag along but she mistook his invitation to join them for ice cream (and when Kermit learned the mistake he didn't have time to explain his mistake, as Gonzo suddenly went into the air with the balloons), we don't see Rowlf get invited (though it can be assumed that Kermit invited Rowlf), and it seems Kermit unintentionally invited Bunsen and Beaker (they were with the gang, whether Kermit realised or not, and probably assumed they were invited when Kermit told them all to go to hollywood; plus, their lab was destroyed).