1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Nov 22, 2011.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Oh I think it's definitely clear he has special feelings for Piggy in MFC. You're right they didn't make that choice by accident. They had good writers. ;)
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Did anyone else get tears in their eyes when it goes to the scene with Jim Henson watching them and saying "he likes when they have a good time" it was like he knew he wasn't gonna be here much longer...Obviously he didn't know he was gonna pass away but watching that scene just gets me everytime!
    heralde likes this.
  3. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

I sure do...then he and Sprocket do the dishes...
  4. Pinkflower7783

How the heck did we get on MFC? LOL! Anyways...I stand corrected I don't need a new Blu-ray yet turns out it was just dust and finger prints. See? I do still have somewhat of a life. :p
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Ttch! No wonder why you thought you outgrew them.

You needn't have me bore you with the same opinions I've always said about those three movies... MCC was missing quite a bit, MTI got some of it back, MFS lost something else in the process. The only preferable thing about MFS over the others is that it had the Muppet characters as themselves.

MCC and MTI you can at least blame the direction they were confusedly going in, trying to ease a recast Kermit into the world by giving him very small parts in his own movies. Something that wasn't remedied until VMX and KSY when he was back to the starring role where he should be. And we all know the MFS mess by now.

The new movie managed to get as much back as we remember about the characters as possible. Hopefully next go around that tiny little extra spark will be added and everything will be 100% back on track.
    Duke Remington likes this.
  6. Pinkflower7783

I think I did outgrow The Muppets for a long time...yeah I know I was not right in the head :p but...hey I'm back as a fan now and I ain't intending to go anywhere. Just call me a stuck up Muppet snob. :D
  7. muppetgirl10

muppetgirl10 New Member

:)I LOVED IT:) IT WAS SOOOOOO GOOD!
  8. RC1979

RC1979 Member

Cool film. Watched it alot of times. AMAZING and I mean AMAZING soundtrack. I wanted to see a comeback of the song Moving right along in the film, but they didn't add it. :grr:
  9. Pinkflower7783

There's only so many songs you can cram into a film unfortunately. :/
  10. RC1979

RC1979 Member

Yeah I know. Also, first reply I got.
  11. Pinkflower7783

But hey at least we got Rainbow Connection out of it! :)
  12. RC1979

RC1979 Member

Yep! Notice how in many performences, they just skip right ahead to "All of us under it's spell". But dang it's still a good song!
  13. mo

mo Well-Known Member

actually...It was'nt as bad as I thought it was gonna be! it was pretty good. not my fav!
    =) but it was very sweet as far as non-henson films go!
    Duke Remington likes this.
  14. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

I really really really enjoyed the film! I saw it in theaters and have it on DVD.
    The Good Things:
    *Rainbow Connection never fails to put me to tears
    *"Maniacal laugh...........Maniacal laugh..........MANIACAL LAUGH!!!!!!"
    *The jokes were really funny in this movie
    *LOVED Life's A Happy Song!!!
    *Selena Gomez performed the best role she has ever done. (I AM NOT A SELENA GOMEZ FAN AT ALL!!!!!!)
    *Pictures In My Head was beautiful.....:dreamy:
    *Jason Segal and Amy Adams were awesome in the movie!

And now The Not So Good Things:
    ***SPOILERS (somewhat)*****
    *I really don't get why The Muppets went their separate ways in the first place........does anyone know why? :confused:
    *At first, I really didn't like Walter. Don't kill me but I just thought he was kinda.......annoying. But towards the middle/end of the movie, I kinda grew to like him. Walter's an okay character. But if it wasn't for him, The Muppets wouldn't have been reunited, correct?

Overall:
    It's a fantastic movie, for both kids and adults! But again, every perfect movie has it's flaws. Even with little flaws, I still enjoyed the movie very much. :)
  15. Pinkflower7783

If you didnt like Walter that means were all annoying. I'm just kidding! Lol! I liked Walter ad am thrilled he's gonna be in the next movie. :)
  16. MissMusical12

I hope he'll be in the next movie, and if they do a new series, I hope he's in it. :fanatic:
  17. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Oh, he'll be in the next movie, alright. That was announced very early on. And I don't think it would be right not to include him in any new series.
  18. MissMusical12

True
  19. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I don't know why but I havent got the muppet film on DVD yet. but I did complete a muppet spot the difference at school yeasterday in about 5 minutes...that's good to me considering I suck at stuff like that!
  20. Hasenpfeffer

Hasenpfeffer New Member

I can't imagine a better compliment, for a film, than......"It was too short,"