Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

We Got Us

Reaction score
I LOVED the new movie! Honestly, sitting in that theater waiting for it to come on was torture because I had waited and hoped and prayed for so long that it was gonna go well, and the people behind me were going to laugh, and my little sisters would be entertained, and I wouldn't leave the theater cringing like I did after watching Muppet Wizard Of Oz (no offense, fans). But when it finally came on: I couldn't stop laughing, never stopped being pleasantly surprised. The characters were great (Ok, I completely agree with what people said about Kermit and Miss Piggy, he was a little sad and she a little too successful, but at least in a general way the characters were good). Also, my favorite part had to be all the neglected awesome characters like Rowlf, Floyd, and my all-time favorite Scooter finally caught their stride and were allowed a bigger part. I love Rizzo, Gonzo and (on my more forgiving days), Pepe, but they have had a just a bit of a bigger piece of the lime-light than necessary in recent productions. I highly doubt many people knew who Rowlf or Scooter were, so allowing them some funny in-character jokes was a great way to get people wondering who they were. Even some characters only die-hard fans would know, like Wane and Wanda, Nigel and even...can you believe it...Uncle Deadly in an almost starring role. Over all, I think the best part about the movie was how much it aroused the curiosity to go and watch all the great old Muppet stuff, hopefully enough to get some of the new generation hooked.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Over all, I think the best part about the movie was how much it aroused the curiosity to go and watch all the great old Muppet stuff, hopefully enough to get some of the new generation hooked.
I hope it will be enough to finally get The Muppet Show Seasons 4 and 5 on DVD! (Not to mention all the other Muppet projects that have been screaming for DVD release- "The Muppets at Walt Disney World", "John Denver and The Muppets: A Christmas Together", "The Muppets Go to the Movies", "Of Muppets and Men", "The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years", "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson", "The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show" - "Muppet Babies" and "Muppets Tonight" and so many others.....) Although I do hope some of those specials will get included as special features on the Seasons 4 and 5 DVD sets for "The Muppet Show".

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yay!!! I think you'll like it- it really came out better than I expected and I'm so glad that most all my initial fears for the movie were allayed!:big_grin:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yay!!! I think you'll like it- it really came out better than I expected and I'm so glad that most all my initial fears for the movie were allayed!:big_grin:
Yeah you know have no idea the kind of pressure I'm under here, lol.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Wow...Well it looks like I have TWO auditions tomorrow....So I'll have to go see the Muppets movie pretty early. Well Saturday's going to be an eventful day! :insatiable:

beaker

Reaction score
Well my friend came through and we're seeing the movie tomorrow! Will finally know what you're all talking about soon enough! Lol. :wink:
dang heralde, how'd you hold out so long and avoid spoilers? :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
dang heralde, how'd you hold out so long and avoid spoilers? :smile:
I had practice. I avoided spoilers for Return of the King for months. And I mean no online video clips, no buying the CD before hand, and changing the TV channel every time a trailer came on (my roommate thought I was crazy, lol). It was hard but definitely worth it. :wink:

Now I'll confess, I did check out a couple of clips from this Muppet movie, hehe. I mean, I was fairly certain Return of the King would be OK. I was less certain about The Muppets. :wink: But I'm not going to worry too much about it tomorrow. I'll just concentrate on hanging out with friends. :smile:

12Medbe

Reaction score
Anyone reminded of Johnny Fiama during "Man or Muppet"? Jason's Muppet certainly reminded me of Johnny, his voice too!

MWoO

Reaction score
Anyone reminded of Johnny Fiama during "Man or Muppet"? Jason's Muppet certainly reminded me of Johnny, his voice too!
I was too actually. It's not that I think they should have used him, but if they did it would have been pretty cool. It could have been a double cameo.