Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

Misskermie

Reaction score
I saw the movie TWICE! Beat that!

Ok, first I have to agree with Ru's earlier post... KERMIT NEEDS PIGGY!!! I actually shouted YES! in the movie theatre, and everyone laughed at me, and a few people agreed with me!

Also, I like the way Kermit's dramatic character is, and I like all the songs, and I loved them so much, I went and got the soundtrack. I loved Piggy's vocals in "Me Party", and I even loved the Moopets. "What the Wocka?" Heh heh!

Oh, yeah, trying not to show bias to Piggy, but I think the best Muppet in this movie was Fozzie. Everything he said in the movie, I laughed at.
Here's my thoughts throughout the movie:

*Smiles* DAD, TURN OFF YOUR PHONE OR I'LL KIK U!
Is Amy Adams nuts? She sings so... awesomely wierd!
Why isn't anyone laughing? ITS AN ELECTRIC FENCE!!!
Heh heh 80's robot!
Fozzie's been framed, and the swedish chef needs subtitles...YESHNESSNESS!
Awwwwwwwwwww, Kermit still at least has the painting of Piggy!
I HATE THAT MODEM IT IS LOUD!
Why are there... Wait... Did he say "such great deals on our hotel rooms?"
Hey, Camilla needs subtites too!
Gonzo wears that under his clothes.... everyday.... since maybe 10 years ago?
Montage!
Rowlf's story wasn't in the montage? Why? *Watches Rowlfs scene* Classic.
Wait.. Where's... Kermit Miss... MISS PIGGY FLIPPER FACE!
Decisions Decisions... Oh! I know pick the dress in the... Donuts Piggy? Really?
...That's Muppet Man?
Piggy...It's Fozzie's voice...his torso spins...U JUST REALIZED IT WAZ MUPPET MAN?
Piggy just caused an earthquake...
OMG MISS PIGGY IS BROKEN!
Did Piggy just tell Kermit like it was? Oh Snap, and she did the head thing!
Kermit is very upset...
We built this city on roooock n rollllll!
Piggy came back!
Look an omlet station! Rowlf: Classic.
PIGGY IS BROKEN SHE JUST DISSED KERMIT!
Hola!
Did tex just break out in karoke styled rapping?
...lol
...rofl
...ha ha
...tee hee
Gasp! Barbershop quartet!
Forget u with chickens? awesome!
Kermit kept the pic! He loves her! Why doesn't he say it? Whyyyyyyyyyy!?
Drum! No Drum! Drum1 No Drum!
KERMIT AND PIGGY KISSED ON THE BIG SCREEN!
SHUTUP DAD! IT WAS ROMANTIC!
Go Walter!
Way to go Fozzie...
They got fans!
Mahna mahna!
Kermit: We need some time alone? Oooooh!
I love this movie... Let's see it again! I did!

lol!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Awwwwwwwwwww, Kermit still at least has the painting of Piggy!
Oh yes, that was a very telling moment, hehe.

Hey, Camilla needs subtites too!
When that happened, a little kid behind me said, "What did the chicken say?" Lol. That's the problem with subtitles if some of your audience can't read yet! :wink:

zoebell

Reaction score
i never saw MFS because it was supposed to be so bad, but i guess i should see it just because. although that does surprise me that kermit and piggy aren't together in it- they've been together in every single other muppet movie

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
i never saw MFS because it was supposed to be so bad, but i guess i should see it just because. although that does surprise me that kermit and piggy aren't together in it- they've been together in every single other muppet movie
I honestly can't watch it for more than two seconds, lol. But you should definitely decide for yourself. : )

zoebell

Reaction score
i was also surprised they didn't have kermit go so far as to say i love you- he only managed "i need you"

i wonder if they thought that was just too much to have him say. i'd like to hear him say it some time, eventually. it's been long enough

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
i was also surprised they didn't have kermit go so far as to say i love you- he only managed "i need you"
Well it was symbolic. Kermit was hiding behind the group saying, "We need you." But him saying "I need you" later meant he was taking ownership of his own feelings for Piggy.

Puckrox

Reaction score
Truthfully? I like MFS. I mean, it's at the bottom of my list of Muppet feature lengths, but still, I don't think its half bad. There are definitely a number of things I dislike about it, but it also has plenty of redeeming qualities as well. I'd say give it a shot. You never know. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
When that happened, a little kid behind me said, "What did the chicken say?" Lol. That's the problem with subtitles if some of your audience can't read yet! :wink:
Man I love kids and their cute little reactions. When I had a bright yellow Pikachu looking cocatiel, one time I took her in the pet store and the cutest little 2 year old girl being carried by her dad pointed at my bird and happily exclaimed "it's a bock bock!"
For some reason even as my memory gets fuzzier as the years wear on, it's little moments like that that stick out for me. Also makes me really want kids in the next 80 years.

Truthfully? I like MFS. I mean, it's at the bottom of my list of Muppet feature lengths, but still, I don't think its half bad. There are definitely a number of things I dislike about it, but it also has plenty of redeeming qualities as well. I'd say give it a shot. You never know. :smile:
Indeed. It's actually risen in my favorites ranking as the years have gone by for some reason. Every time I see it I find more and more things I like about it

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Indeed. It's actually risen in my favorites ranking as the years have gone by for some reason. Every time I see it I find more and more things I like about it
I envy your enjoyment. Because I know I will never feel that for MFS, lol. :wink:

Ruahnna

Reaction score

i wonder if they thought that was just too much to have him say. i'd like to hear him say it some time, eventually. it's been long enough
Yeah--I've been waiting a long time for the little twerp to say it, too. Kermit ISN'T good with expressing his emotions verbally. (Look what a mess me made, over-reacting in IAVMMC!) He has strong emotions--which we know because of his occasional outbursts--but he keeps them very buttoned-down. (Which must be doubly hard because he doesn't wear clothes!) I did want Kermit to say that he loved Piggy, but Piggy has always loved him and understood him--she doesn't get enough credit for this a lot of the time, but it is true. Because she cares about him, and knows his heart, she is willing to take what he's able to say instead of what she needs to hear and make it enough. I love her for that, for being willing to cross over the meet-you-halfway mark because she knows that he does, in fact, need her.

Even when Kermit was very lovey-dovey--think "Muppet Family Christmas" and "Treasure Island" and oh! The way he defended her against the others' implications of dishonesty in TGMC! Even when Kermit was sweet and obviously smitten, it was an understated sort of expression of an epic feeling. When he is sitting on the couch with his pig and her new mink at Fozzie's Mom's farmhouse, well, all seems right with the world, doesn't it? Just LOOK at that smug and happy frog!

I suppose, if I am really honest, that I love Kermit better when I see him through the lens of Piggy's affection for him. He may be shy and diffident and loathe to express himself romantically, but underneath that neck frill (or purple tux) beats the heart of a true epic lover.