Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

12Medbe

Reaction score
Tell you what, I busted out singing, (well not totally outloud) "Life's a Happy Song" during my Five Guys shift, two of my co-workers actually started singing along for a bit.

Getting towards the end of the song two of the cutstomers came up to the front counter, once us three co-workers sang "Life's a Happy Song", the customers blurted out "When you've got someone by your side to sing". I think the Muppets just tookover the general public.

Avilos

Reaction score
start checking around, the movie should be no more ten 10 bucks at Walmart and every Muppet fan really should own it...i personally have like 4 copys. between VHS and DVD

see the way i always saw it was that The Muppet Movie was one of those "based on a true story" style films yet some moments are changed...given the lines

Robin the Frog: Uncle Kermit, is this how the Muppets *really* got started?
Kermit: Well, it's sort of approximately how it happened.
The most obvious detail that the movie they are watching is fictionalized is that the Muppets start out to be movie stars. When of course they become famous on television. Of course it's hard to know what happened after their sets fell apart, did they get in trouble with the studio?

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Tell you what, I busted out singing, (well not totally outloud) "Life's a Happy Song" during my Five Guys shift, two of my co-workers actually started singing along for a bit.

Getting towards the end of the song two of the cutstomers came up to the front counter, once us three co-workers sang "Life's a Happy Song", the customers blurted out "When you've got someone by your side to sing". I think the Muppets just tookover the general public.
That's awesome. I hope we could get soemthing like that going whereI work sometime.

I was thinking today about the stuff we've been talking about about MTM and the more that I think or it the more I can see reasons why it's wouldn't be cannon (though on the surface it stills appears to be to me) The main thins that stands out to me is that if it was in cannon with the Muppet Movie, the muppets are rich and famous so it would stand to reason that they might have contatcs on Broadway, would at least have enough money to not have to live in lockers and have enough invested in each other that they wouldn't need a reason after graduating college to not break up, if any of that made any sense.

Personally, I do kinda like that they aren't "officially married" yet because it keeps that arc going a little bit. WE all know that they'll be together by the ened of any given movie. What's fun is seeing how they stay that was throughout the movie.

Hope I didn't get too far off track of the thread. Just somethign I wanted to get down in type.

beaker

Reaction score
Anyway, I think all of us would faint if we saw Kermit in person or if he called us his personal friend. You know you would! Be honest! But, I'm glad Walter found his epic talent for whistling at the end. Way to go, Walter!
I've seen up close and met Steve Whitmire/Kermit, along with a lot of the other signature performers/characters. It's quite a trip! Had a conversation with Sweetums about Muppet Central, and an quick aside with Oscar(at a Carol Spinney book signing) My friend got to see/meet Goelz with Gonzo. It's definitely surreal, you forget there's an operator under there:smile:

beaker

Reaction score
My biggest issues with it were the musical numbers which I thought were pretty bad (aside from the ones with the Muppets like the chickens doing F-You
Whoah, I don't remember a song called that...that sounds like something the Moopets would sing!

"What the wockka?" :smile:

and I really can't stand Jason Segel. I thought he overacted a little TOO much. But most of it I really enjoyed, my favorite throwback reference was the Mad Man Mooney's/Sweetums scene from the Muppet Movie. :smile:
Well I think he intentionally made it a point to ham it up beyond belief in his musical scenes, especially the first musical act and the beginning of Muppet or man bit. But having seen it twice, it barely feels like he or Amy are even in the film too much. It really becomes a Kermit film by the second act.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Whoah, I don't remember a song called that...that sounds like something the Moopets would sing!

"What the wockka?" :smile:

Well I think he intentionally made it a point to ham it up beyond belief in his musical scenes, especially the first musical act and the beginning of Muppet or man bit. But having seen it twice, it barely feels like he or Amy are even in the film too much. It really becomes a Kermit film by the second act.
The Forget You song is origanlly entitled F-You but to be able to play it on mainstream radio he had to make a G rated version entitled "Forget You" which is the song the chickens sing.

MrGranger

Reaction score
Saw the film with the family at the El Capitan in Hollywood. A truly amazing experience. Great movie! Only the fozzie in-the-car strange voice was the one hiccup that we saw.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
My friends have been telling me they loved the movie. One of my friends said this:
"After the movie, I told [friends] that in the mirror, instead of the Big Bang Theory guy, you should've appeared."

Slackbot

Reaction score
I'm so out of touch. I didn't know why people were laughing so much at the chickens' number until I looked up Cee-Lo's video on Youtube. THEN I got it. The way the chickens were delivering certain "lines" ("Why? WHY???") was just great.