Your Wishlist for the Coming Year

EmmyMik

Reaction score
My wishlist... (hee hee hee)

1) A day with Bill Barretta. *sigh* :big_grin:

2) MuppetFest 2003.

3) MuppetFest 2003 and I get to go.

4) Me to win the lottery and then buy the Muppets.

5) Success with the new TV show (whenever it decides to air).

6) Attending the taping of some sort of Muppet thing (I want to see the magic happen).

7) Two days with Bill Barretta. :big_grin:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i wish they did a behind the scenes special with the muppets, or even more importantly the electric mayhem

if jerry nelson is not feeling good, i hope he gets better

a billion dollars would be nice...haha

peace for the world since its even more crazy these days

the economy to get back to where it was 5 years ago

spend the day with rowlf the dog the electric mayhem

and to become the most powerful person in the world!

ryan

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Jamie, I don't feel I'm assuming too much. On the contrary, I'm trying to be open to as many different interpretations as to why Jerry's characters sound different as possible. If they didn't use proper professional equipment to record Jerry's voice, then that's highly unusual for the Muppets. Even back in the '70s when dubbing was necessary, the recording was still professional enough that the characters sounded the way their performers intended them to.

I can understand why Robin wouldn't sound right; it must be hard to keep doing that "little boy" voice. But that doesn't explain the rest of the characters. The laryngitis thing wasn't a smart remark -- it was an honest theory about what might have happened, and it's the kind of thing a person can recover from quickly, so I would hope that would be the explanation as opposed to something more serious.

I have to think it was more than poor dubbing or that Jerry just wasn't available. The fact that Floyd had a virtually non-existent role in the TV-movie tells me that they weren't relying on Jerry too heavily for this production.

Anyway, none of this is meant as an insult--I'm just expressing concern. I actually HOPE I'm proven wrong, that there was just a recording error and that Jerry's back at the top of his game soon. We miss you, Jerry! :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't think it was an insult. Just seems like there are a lot of wild seeming theories. It just sounded awkwardly dubbed to me. The ambient sound seemed lowered everytime you heard his lines. That made me notice the dub a lot more. :smile:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Oh, I don't subscribe to wild theories. I just think that, most likely, Jerry was kidnapped by a renegade band of Scandavian tap dancers. :wink:

(OK, that one even weirded me out!)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
LOL! I don't think Robin sounded that weird. The lipsinch is off and his scenes are cut in strangely. It also seems that the puppeteer had smaller hands because of Robin's head shape. But he really sounded okay to me.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Oh, I didn't think it was an insult. Just seems like there are a lot of wild seeming theories.
Well, let's just say there are various levels of what people need to know on the forum or elsewhere when it comes to things.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I hope to see a new succesful series next year,and to finally end the buyout,I also think Muppetfest would be nice.