Your Wishlist for the Coming Year

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Dear Santa,

Here's what I want:

--The Muppets to be in a good, new series on Fox, possibly set in the old theater with a mix of classic and new characters, that's smart and funny, that has genuine big-name guest stars instead of the people who make the long-distance commercial rounds. I want critics to treat the show well. I'd like it to air in the dream slot in between Simpsons and Malcolm in the Middle on Sundays, and for Fox to give time for people to notice it.

--The Muppets to be bought by ANYBODY at this point so we can all be put out of our misery and anxiousness about it, and so they can move forward with more projects. I don't want "Muppet Classic Theater 2" or an animated "Preschool Muppets," but hey, hopefully Disney (or whomever) will be smarter than that. Let's just get this deal settled already.

--Since so many of the potential buyers are related to Disney or not in direct competition with them, let's see an expanded Muppet presence in the Disney theme parks.

--Some continuation of Farscape, whether on a new network or a wrap-up TV movie or an animated series.

--A new fantasy movie from the Creature Shop. Not something they do for another company as effects work, but an in-house production, like Dark Crystal or Labyrinth. This time they'd hit just the right mix to bring the critics on their side and the audience to their door.

--MuppetFest 2003, but if they don't have the time because they're too busy turning out great new product, I can wait a little longer on it.

--Jerry Nelson to get better.

--Kevin Clash to finally find his niche in the TMS universe.

--A new book on The Muppets. As much as I love The Works, I think I've sucked every piece of information out of that thing.

--Muppet Magazine would be icing on the cake, but not crucial...unless I get to contribute, of course. :wink:

Well, that's a pretty tall order, Santa, especially when all you get in return is milk and cookies. But see what you can do for me, okay? If you can do all this, I won't even ask for a new Muppet movie till 2004. Of course, you could handle all these things in one fell swoop by just giving me the keys to the Henson Company....

Thanks,
Chilly Down

pezbalubah

Reaction score
I pretty much agree with everybody... If Disney bought them, the theme park angle would be one of the only positive things to come out of it probably. Disney may make garbage movies now, exploit and overmerchandise their characters, and use slave shop women and children to make their merchandise, but they know how to do theme parks.

We can't stress the need for another Muppetfest enough, but maybe we can wait once they're sold. I say right after the new show premiers so that in case it's not doing so well in the ratings, Fox can see just how big a following the Muppets have.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
1 Success of the new Fox Muppet Show. I hope it comes out this spring as we have figured.

2 Success of the figures, the busts and more products. No magazine is possible without a big success of other products.

3 Pre production on a good Muppet film.

4 I hope Jerry Nelson comes back from his brief absence.

5 A buy out from an appropriate suitor who the Henson performers will be happy with.

6 Some Fraggle DVDs would be nice. Something by season. None of this Best Of garbage.

7 MUPPETFEST 2003. I don't have much time these days so it's lower on my list.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Oh! I forgot to add--either a DVD of the Live Show from last year's MuppetFest, with some of the highlights from the Q & A, or if the tape quality isn't good enough, then at least a Highlights from MuppetFest DVD that includes some clips from the live show.

C'mon, Henson and Creation. We WANT to give you money!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Jerry Nelson?? What's the deal here? Why "get better?" Better than what, I've missed something and now I'm distressed? Is he sick? SUP??!!

:confused:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Oh, wish list:

*ahem*

Jerry Nelson to get better also (though, I'm not sure what I'm talking about here).

MuppetFest 2003, New Series (Juhl PLEASE get back involved), The continuation of the Palisades figures, new movies (Oz and Juhl, PLEASE get back involved), and my employment as a permanent Henson muppeteer!!

And peace, love, joy, and happiness and great health for all my MC Family!
FOZ

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Re: Jerry "better":

You saw the Christmas movie, right? Either that wasn't him playing any of the roles (except for the announcer and possibly Statler), or something has happened to his voice. We're assuming for the time being that his abscence is illness-related, unless we hear otherwise. Hence, we hope he gets "better."

And thank you for reminding me. Being an employee of JHC just shot straight to the top of my list. :smile:

pezbalubah

Reaction score
I thought it was just Lew he didn't do, that's what Tough Pigs has on the cast list. I think his voice just sounded a little different at first, actually Robin looked a little different too, so that could have added to his awkwardness on the first viewing. However after watching it several times, it seems like the normal Robin. Matt (mattleo) even noticed Jerry's voice when Fozzie runs through the showers.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
I didn't read the whole Tough Pigs thread, but it sounded like they were largely just guessing, rather than having any word from the Company itself. If that is Jerry, then he must have had a bad case of laryngitis or something.

"Jerry's voice when Fozzie runs through the showers"? Refresh my memory about that part. Obviously Jerry wouldn't voice Fozzie, so I'm missing what you're saying.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think some people are going a bit far with their assumptions. Jerry sounded weird due to bad dubbing. It appears like it was rushed and done all in a very short period of time. Might not have even been in a studio with todays's technology.

Robin sounded weird because they dubbed over another person's voice. (I felt the same way when Oz would do that in other projects.) That effects other background sounds and subliminally gives a weird effect to the performance.