YouTube law fight 'threatens net'

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, WRONG. is nothing private anymore. this is just really messed up, a corprate company watching what i'm watching on youtube. I mean, sometimes its ok to take down stuff, but stuff thats hard to find (like old TV shows that ARN"T on DVD and such) should be kept up. If there that gung ho about that, they should start realising it on DVD. you know what i mean?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, WRONG. is nothing private anymore. this is just really messed up, a corprate company watching what i'm watching on youtube. I mean, sometimes its ok to take down stuff, but stuff thats hard to find (like old TV shows that ARN"T on DVD and such) should be kept up. If there that gung ho about that, they should start realising it on DVD. you know what i mean?
I totally agree!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Who knows, maybe Viacom is watching us right know. :shifty:
You never know?

That is some seriously, seriously messed up stuff right there. If you go to page 2 it lists exactly everything Viacom wanted to know. It's really, really disturbing. They're just being greedy and willing to push aside individuals right for it. It's disgusting. And very much like Big Brother is watching.
Yes, I agree. It's crazy just how desperate they have become over a couple of clips.:crazy:

Drtooth

Reaction score

By now EVERY company should have its own world wide digital library, and offer it free of charge on a player that actually works without having to sit through a hundred commercials. They should have EVERYTHING available on DVD at this point, and we should have more choices on TV. But we don't. if you don't want to sit through crap like Farmer wants a Wife and Celebrity Circus, you're out of luck.

Viacom's pretty much only being the way it is due to the generous deal Google made with CBS. Viacom used to own CBS, and now that they don't. Now there's sour grapes about the whole thing.

What I don't understand is why don't MORE companies make their own accounts and put up the rare stuff they can't sell a million DVD's on the first day of release themselves? Personal;ly, I'd rather own or see a legit version of a program than a cheesy copy taped off TV.

Seriously. Did they make this big a stink with the blank tape industry? Seems like you lose the same amount of viewers and money if you tape stuff off tv and let a friend borrow it.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Viacom's pretty much only being the way it is due to the generous deal Google made with CBS. Viacom used to own CBS, and now that they don't. Now there's sour grapes about the whole thing.
I agree with this and I also think that You Tube is an easy target.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree with this and I also think that You Tube is an easy target.
It's easier and cheaper to threaten suits than it is to actually be competitive. Had TV not become maxium suckage, there would be no way this would be as heavy an issue.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Had TV not become maxium suckage, there would be no way this would be as heavy an issue.
I Agree. its kind of like what Timmy from Fairly Odd Parents said to the 70's version of his dad:
"One day, there will be 1000 tv channles, but nothing to watch"

They really should have everything on dvd now. Theres nothing stoping them (well most of them, Muppet Babies might need to get some copyright stuff done to make sure that the episodes could remain intact). This and the law\bill talking about orphaned works both stink.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Somehow I don't trust one bit that they are not seeking users identity. This is getting scary.:concern:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Somehow I don't trust one bit that they are not seeking users identity. This is getting scary.:concern:
**** right you can't trust them about this! As soon as they see who exactly has uploaded these "copyright-infringing" videos, they're going to want to sue their butts for every penny they got!