1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Zappa says Fraggle film will rock

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by GelflingWaldo, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Faylo

Faylo Member

So, now that it's announced that there will be celebrity cameos, who would you like to see? For some reason I'd like to see Ellen Degeneres. Or Dakota Fanning!

2. So what would one need to do to get in on this? Even as a backround fraggle stand in or an extra? I have done puppetry and would live to send an audition tape, if I just knew where to send it. ALSO I have done some extra work. I can be seen in "Return to Halloweentown" lol. I know! im one of the kids at the lunch table that do magic for the Sinister Sisters. But yeah. Can anybody help me out to know where to go next?
    Jerry?
    I talked to Terry and he said he hasn't even been called to be part of the film yet. None of the Canada crew has he says. Which Kinda sucks. But if any info could be brought to me I would love that. Anybody from Henson? I think Karen is on here, and I know Jerry is. I met Brian Henson a while back and he says the only way to be part of them is to pretty much have a foot in the door. I have a foot...I just need a door!
    Thanks
    Tyler

3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I am so glad this is in the hands of a rabid FR fan who is pretty much going to make a fanboy film, instead of some suit hired that doesnt know much about what the direction should be.

I also got the deeper subtext about the article from Zappa, not so subtly eluding to the state of geo political affairs these days and I agree...the world needs a Fraggle Rock film more than ever now.

Oh I am VERY excited...she's the wise sage oracle with a thing for quiet flair.
    Unlike the Matrix' oracle tho, she doesnt make cookies...she dispenses wisdom infinite past our comprehension tho!

4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Oh I say start trying to get connected any way ya can right now, I sense youd make a wonderful addition to the cast. The FACT Terry hasnt been contacted shows how pre pre pre production they are in right now.
    Thats why they say late 2008/spring 2009, as they just dont know...most their film energy is on filming dark crystal 2 which comes out in a year i think.

I think its pretty much guaranteed the main 5 will be played by goelz/whitmire/nelson/prell/mullen...I dont see why they wouldnt.
    Ok, maybe not guaranteed, but still.

But since this IS JHC and not Disney, ya have a chance at getting in.
    **** a few years ago a top veteran at Jim Henson Creature Shop
    was very interested in a script/character design thing proposal I had
    for a dark crystal sequel.

5. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I can't wait for more infor and the songs and everything! Oh I'm to excited! *jumps from chair to chair in the den* :excited:

6. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

Ellen would be really fun. Conan O'Brien would be cool too.

And, uh...

Nobody comes to mind that isn't a talk show host.

7. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I hope the celebrity cameos will be performing characters in the film because (and I always complain about this 'un) Hulk Hogan's cameo was just a break from the film and out of place. Yuck.

I'm excited about Zappa's vision, though. He's on target, I think.

I hope they don't stray TOO far from the theme song, but if they extended it to add in the lines that got cut from the original version of the theme song that would be cool.

8. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

yeah or use the (in some part of the movie) the Fraggle Rock Punk theme song! i actualy like that, as im NOT a punk music kinda kid, my brother burnt me a CD a few yeras ago, i STILL have it :smirk: has ANYONE else heard this version?

9. superboober

superboober Member

A few years ago when I was in college, one of my associates used the "punk" version for a piece in the university's annual film festival. It proved to be one of the parts the audience liked the most.

I agree with much of the sentiment expressed so far; as long as they don't go overboard with the cameos (for whatever reason I wouldn't mind seeing Macaulay Culkin used if he's interested) and musicians, they'll be just fine, and it's good to know Brian will helm it. The best way to go with the theme, I think, is somewhere between the original and a comtemporary piece; they should probably go with a singer/band that would have presumably grown up on the show.

10. WOCKA2416

WOCKA2416 Member

You think Jerry Nelson will be a part of it? I figured they would be getting someone else, like Bill Barretta, to take over for Jerry. I definitely hope Jerry will be involved but I have my doubts.

11. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

For some reason, I almost do think Jerry will be involved as Gobo, he seems to really enjoy the character and I think Zappa/ Henson would both be smart enough to use him as Gobo. Even if he just did the voice and someone else Puppeteered him, I would like that versus some new guy completely voicing and puppeteering Gobo.

12. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

THe HEnson company has always been good about keeping on performers as much as possible. The only reason I see Jerry not being involved is health related issues.

Boy that was a poorly worded sentence.

13. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

BAAAAAAAAAAAH!! SO COOL!!!

I can't wait. I'm excited!! YAAAAY!!!

No, but the Trash Heap is MADE OF cookies. ;) Even better!

Honestly, I'm not picky at all about how this movie is being made and stuff. I have faith. The Fraggles are loved by so many people that I think they are going to take really good care.

What I'm interested in, is that they will probably have to rebuild the puppets - I seriously doubt they are in tact after 20 some odd years.

WembleyFraggle, if you have connections, go for it! We will watch for you. :D I would love to be anywhere near this movie but I have no idea how that would happen at all... I DO sing and act **cough cough** ;) But if you can get involved some how go for it, that would be so cool.

14. MrsWembly

MrsWembly New Member

I don't mind the celebrity cameos as long as they don't pick stupid people like Paris Hilton or Britney Spears. :o

15. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Thank you.:)

16. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Thanks to you, also.;)

17. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Classic Muppet films have always used celebrity cameos though.

The Muppet Movie:
    Dom DeLuise
    Bob Hope
    Richard Pryor
    Milton Berle
    Steve Martin
    Cloris Leachman
    Orsen Wells
    James Coburn
    Mel Brooks
    Paul Williams
    Edgar Bergen & Charlie McCarthy

Great Muppet Caper:
    John Cleese
    Peter Falk
    Peter Ustinov

Muppets Take Manhattan:
    Joan Rivers
    Liza Minelli
    Gregory Hines
    Art Carney

Follow That Bird:
    John Candy
    Chevy Chase
    Sandra Bernhardt
    Dave Thomas
    Joe Faherty
    Waylon Jennings

I know I'm forgetting some. They are part of the tradition of Muppet projects. As long as their celebrity doesn't pull focus from the plot then I don't have a problem.

18. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Well, since he still regularly performs on Sesame Street, I think he is still capable of atleast voicing the character for the film.

19. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Agreed... If the celebrity cameos are as a character that makes sense as part of the movie's overall story, then I'll be OK with their appearances.
    But if it's just a momentary appearance like Hulk Hogan in MFS or Kelly Rippa, Molly Shannon or Triumph in VMMCM then I'd be a bit put off.

Oh well... It's far too early to make any sort of opinion... Just wait and see what nuggets of information we get released as time moves on and the production gets movin' right along.

20. christyb

christyb New Member

This is great news...and if Zappa needs help...ooh pick me! me! Wait..mebbe I should read the interview then comment. :p