Zappa says Fraggle film will rock

Faylo

Reaction score
So, now that it's announced that there will be celebrity cameos, who would you like to see? For some reason I'd like to see Ellen Degeneres. Or Dakota Fanning!

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
So what would one need to do to get in on this? Even as a backround fraggle stand in or an extra? I have done puppetry and would live to send an audition tape, if I just knew where to send it. ALSO I have done some extra work. I can be seen in "Return to Halloweentown" lol. I know! im one of the kids at the lunch table that do magic for the Sinister Sisters. But yeah. Can anybody help me out to know where to go next?
Jerry?
I talked to Terry and he said he hasn't even been called to be part of the film yet. None of the Canada crew has he says. Which Kinda sucks. But if any info could be brought to me I would love that. Anybody from Henson? I think Karen is on here, and I know Jerry is. I met Brian Henson a while back and he says the only way to be part of them is to pretty much have a foot in the door. I have a foot...I just need a door!
Thanks
Tyler

beaker

Reaction score
I am so glad this is in the hands of a rabid FR fan who is pretty much going to make a fanboy film, instead of some suit hired that doesnt know much about what the direction should be.

I also got the deeper subtext about the article from Zappa, not so subtly eluding to the state of geo political affairs these days and I agree...the world needs a Fraggle Rock film more than ever now.

TheJimHensonHour said:
am I seriously the only person very excited that the trash heap will be in the movie!!! god I love her so much!:big_grin: :excited:
Oh I am VERY excited...she's the wise sage oracle with a thing for quiet flair.
Unlike the Matrix' oracle tho, she doesnt make cookies...she dispenses wisdom infinite past our comprehension tho!

beaker

Reaction score
wembleyfraggle said:
So what would one need to do to get in on this? Even as a backround fraggle stand in or an extra? I have done puppetry and would live to send an audition tape, if I just knew where to send it. ALSO I have done some extra work. I can be seen in "Return to Halloweentown" lol. I know! im one of the kids at the lunch table that do magic for the Sinister Sisters. But yeah. Can anybody help me out to know where to go next?
Jerry?
I talked to Terry and he said he hasn't even been called to be part of the film yet. None of the Canada crew has he says. Which Kinda sucks. But if any info could be brought to me I would love that. Anybody from Henson? I think Karen is on here, and I know Jerry is. I met Brian Henson a while back and he says the only way to be part of them is to pretty much have a foot in the door. I have a foot...I just need a door!
Thanks
Tyler

Oh I say start trying to get connected any way ya can right now, I sense youd make a wonderful addition to the cast. The FACT Terry hasnt been contacted shows how pre pre pre production they are in right now.
Thats why they say late 2008/spring 2009, as they just dont know...most their film energy is on filming dark crystal 2 which comes out in a year i think.

I think its pretty much guaranteed the main 5 will be played by goelz/whitmire/nelson/prell/mullen...I dont see why they wouldnt.
Ok, maybe not guaranteed, but still.

But since this IS JHC and not Disney, ya have a chance at getting in.
**** a few years ago a top veteran at Jim Henson Creature Shop
was very interested in a script/character design thing proposal I had
for a dark crystal sequel.

Erine81981

Reaction score
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I can't wait for more infor and the songs and everything! Oh I'm to excited! *jumps from chair to chair in the den* :excited:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Faylo said:
So, now that it's announced that there will be celebrity cameos, who would you like to see? For some reason I'd like to see Ellen Degeneres. Or Dakota Fanning!
Ellen would be really fun. Conan O'Brien would be cool too.

And, uh...

Nobody comes to mind that isn't a talk show host.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I hope the celebrity cameos will be performing characters in the film because (and I always complain about this 'un) Hulk Hogan's cameo was just a break from the film and out of place. Yuck.

I'm excited about Zappa's vision, though. He's on target, I think.

I hope they don't stray TOO far from the theme song, but if they extended it to add in the lines that got cut from the original version of the theme song that would be cool.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
yeah or use the (in some part of the movie) the Fraggle Rock Punk theme song! i actualy like that, as im NOT a punk music kinda kid, my brother burnt me a CD a few yeras ago, i STILL have it :smirk: has ANYONE else heard this version?

superboober

Reaction score
A few years ago when I was in college, one of my associates used the "punk" version for a piece in the university's annual film festival. It proved to be one of the parts the audience liked the most.

I agree with much of the sentiment expressed so far; as long as they don't go overboard with the cameos (for whatever reason I wouldn't mind seeing Macaulay Culkin used if he's interested) and musicians, they'll be just fine, and it's good to know Brian will helm it. The best way to go with the theme, I think, is somewhere between the original and a comtemporary piece; they should probably go with a singer/band that would have presumably grown up on the show.

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
beaker said:
Oh I say start trying to get connected any way ya can right now, I sense youd make a wonderful addition to the cast. The FACT Terry hasnt been contacted shows how pre pre pre production they are in right now.
Thats why they say late 2008/spring 2009, as they just dont know...most their film energy is on filming dark crystal 2 which comes out in a year i think.

I think its pretty much guaranteed the main 5 will be played by goelz/whitmire/nelson/prell/mullen...I dont see why they wouldnt.
Ok, maybe not guaranteed, but still.

But since this IS JHC and not Disney, ya have a chance at getting in.
**** a few years ago a top veteran at Jim Henson Creature Shop
was very interested in a script/character design thing proposal I had
for a dark crystal sequel.
You think Jerry Nelson will be a part of it? I figured they would be getting someone else, like Bill Barretta, to take over for Jerry. I definitely hope Jerry will be involved but I have my doubts.