1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Zemekis/Disney To Remake "Yellow Submarine?"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JEANYLASER, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Actually, adding in dialogue at the last minute didn't exactly help things either... the whole movie was just a 90 minute snoozefest. I think it was the worst thing I've seen ever to come out of Disney (animation)... even worse than the totally historically inaccurate (and not too much fun to watch) Pocahontas. What's it to say when you're biggest star is Della Reese? Really... totally dull film. I agree with a lot of critics... had it been a half hour I-Max presentation, it would have been good.

And I snuck into this one. Could you imagine how much I'd have hated it if I actually paid for it? I mean, I saw Viva Rock Vegas the same day. And what does it say when that's a far superior movie? Least I didn't feel like falling alseep during it.
  2. hoopless Member

motion capture remake? no thanks.
    HOWEVER... if they just freshened up the original with a bit of polish and made it 3D it could be one of the most trippy and exciting cinema experiences with all those bright colours leaping out of the screen
  3. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I fail to see why revival theater is dead. Really. I remember when Disney re-released all of the old movies to theaters when I was younger... like Bambi, 101 Dalmatians, and all that. I know they've done it with more recent films, like NBX and both Toy Stories for the 3-D market... I'd love to see Yellow Submarine re-released in 3-D, just as you said.

Or, again, at LEAST Re-Release the DVD so people don't have to buy it off of internet scalpers for a fortune.