Any Bronies on here?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Makes sense though. Hasbro knows that even the worst and crappiest MLP products will be scooped up by fans without second thoughts. Because LPS isn't as popular, they need to push it more so that people will buy it. I would say LPS is one of their least popular toy lines, so it makes sense that they need to encourage people to buy it.
I swear, there was a post season Christmas Clearance years back where Target and Kohls had literally truckloads of LPS stuff just sitting there, even at deep 75% off clearance. It's frankly embarrassing. It's like... remember that show "Till Death" that no one liked, yet Fox kept renewing it?

That said, I gave MLP:FIM a shot, but I refuse to watch the LPS cartoon (well, noth the 90's one. That's actually pretty funny). Why? The guys behind my most hated CN cartoon are behind it. That's not a good sign.

As for Hasbro cartoons, I can't wait for the G.I. Joe movie to come out. They've been screwing G.I. Joe Renegades because it wasn't the movie. The very same movie they recalled for almost an entire year. And I truly can't wait to see how the fourth TERRIBLE Michael Bay film will screw Transformers Prime the way it did Transformers Animated. MLP is lucky. Until Hasbro makes a movie that no one will like, they don't have to be screwed by anything else. Well, except LPS again.

Meanwhile Masters of the Universe sits in a sad little box of a DC comics limited series and rerererere-releases of the cartoon series. Hasbro has a hit project on most of it's franchises (Where's Mr. Freaking Potatohead?!), and Mattel only releases an annual Barbie movie.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm surprised The Simpsons Movie didn't cause a tsunami of movies based on current TV cartoons the way The Rugrats Movie did. There hasn't even been a TV cartoon-based movie since Simpsons! I guess studios don't want to invest the money, but technically Hey Arnold and Powerpuff Girls did make profits - barely, but profits none the less.
Would that include 2011's The Smurfs, even though it's a blend of CGI and live action?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Would that include 2011's The Smurfs, even though it's a blend of CGI and live action?
The Smurfs was a big budget remake, and a lucky one at that. Current films with the same cast and writers that pop out when the show is still on the air are rare in this country. And hits are even rarer. And the real successful ones, minus the Rugrats, were adult cartoons that were free of network TV regulations and were able to be just a little raunchier. Rugrats and Spongebob are the only kid hits. Powerpuff Girls, while it did make a small profit, didn't make it rain money out of the sky, and they didn't even release it theatrically outside the US, despite the fact that it did make a small profit and therefore, releasing it over seas would have just added onto that. Geniuses, right?

The cartoon transformers movie didn't do much business and the G.I. Joe film was demoted to home video release. Yet the big budget live action transformers movies that everyone hates somehow makes money, presumably for people who hate them so much that they need to see them to prove how much they hate them.

Somehow, I'd bet Hasbro would only make an MLP movie if it was a terrible kiddy film that focuses all over some flat acting human lead and poorly CGI's ponies with celebrity voice actors. And (as with all their properties) Hasbro would happily tie FIM to a railroad track to market the heck out of that.

mo

Reaction score
they won't make a spin off!... make cadence die please, please, please...

Drtooth

Reaction score
So... is this show, like... ending or something? I do watch it rarely and I'm far far far behind. The last one I watched was the Discord comeback.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
So... is this show, like... ending or something? I do watch it rarely and I'm far far far behind. The last one I watched was the Discord comeback.
No, DHX Media, The Distubitor Of The Show, Said That They've Been Paid To Do A Fourth Season, Even Though That Season 3 Finale Would've Been Great As A Series Finale

Drtooth

Reaction score
I should have known. Somehow, I'd expect half the internet to claim the world was ending if the show did. Fans of Young Justice and Green Lantern are up in arms about those respective shows. People are still whining about Spectacular Spider-Man, and putting all the blame on poor Ultimate Spider-Man. Though, yeah... Spectacular was a great show that was much better than Ultimate, but it's the CW's fault the show got canceled anyway.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
Same here. The third season episodes I have seen aren't nearly as good as those from the first two, so I haven't really been drawn to watch them every week. (I watched on YouTube every Saturday for the second half of Season 2, which is when I became a fan)