Scooter Appreciation Thread For The Most Underappraciated, Disrespected Muppet of Ever

Do you hate Scooter?

• Yes, because I'm a terrible person

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • No, because I'm wonderful

Votes: 59 96.7%
  • Maybe, but I have no backbone so I can't make up my mind

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
^^Hahaha that's hilarious! :smile:
Lol, thanks glad you liked! It was pretty funny, especially when Kermit started really getting into the game, lol. I guess he liked being on the other side of things for once! :wink:

Since we're talking about Scooter, my first fanfic I started features Scooter as one of three characters narrating a story, called The Secret Life of a Background Character.

OK, I'm done promoting my fic. :embarrassed:
Sounds cool, Hubert, I'd love to check it out when it's done. :smile:

Scooterforever

Reaction score
So, I've been thinking about this a lot lately; is Scooter secretly rich? It was implied he worked for Google in The Muppets, so aside from working at a billion-dollar company for a time, he probably has Google stock too. Also, I believe his Uncle JP passed away, and seeing how JP was quite fond of Scooter, it's possible he left him some money in his will. Either way, it seems logical to assume he's pretty well off.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I think that's a fair assumption to make, since JP had money, and Scooter seemed eager to please him. So he's probably very comfortable.

Slackbot

Reaction score
He and Gonzo could have had a bidding war if Gonzo hadn't pushed the shiny, jolly, candy-like red button.

Who knows if Scooter inherited much from uncle JP? JP might have left his estate to his one true love: his business. After all, people don't make money, businesses do!

Scooterforever

Reaction score
He and Gonzo could have had a bidding war if Gonzo hadn't pushed the shiny, jolly, candy-like red button.

Who knows if Scooter inherited much from uncle JP? JP might have left his estate to his one true love: his business. After all, people don't make money, businesses do!
Yeah, but even if he didn't inherit anything, the fact remains he worked at Google, a multi-million dollar company. Heck, maybe he's still working there; they never said he left.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Just 'cause he worked at Google doesn't mean he had a ton of money. In fact, they said he worked on Google Wave. Don't know what that is? I'm not surprised. That's how big a success it was.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Just 'cause he worked at Google doesn't mean he had a ton of money. In fact, they said he worked on Google Wave. Don't know what that is? I'm not surprised. That's how big a success it was.
Nope, can't say I have heard of Google Wave. Still, later incarnations portray Scooter as a computer wiz, and that's nothing to sneeze at these days. I wonder if he still breaks out the old skateboard?

cjd874

Reaction score
Scooter wasn't my favorite at first because he always seemed to be nagging Kermit in a subversive way ("My uncle who owns this theater loves this act"). But I've warmed up to later versions of him, season 3-onward. And David's doing a pretty good job with Scooter, not to mention Janice.

Animal'sBunny

Reaction score
Scooter's the best! I love him! My mom says she doesn't like him because of his "my uncle who owns the theater..." but I actually don't mind that. I love the reactions he gets from Kermit when he uses that line. I don't get the hate! :wink: