Popular Shows that You Hate

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Where do I begin?
  • Family Guy
  • Fanboy and Chum Chum (what a crappy show!)
  • Super Why
  • Any "reality" show except for Dancing with the Stars, I love that show, except for when stars you don't like remain on the show for longer than they need to.
  • Adventure Time
  • Regular Show
  • Jerry Springer show
I think, to be honest, any cartoon or educational kids' show was better than what's on now. But I think we're all at a concensus on that subject.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think, to be honest, any cartoon or educational kids' show was better than what's on now. But I think we're all at a concensus on that subject.
Speak for yourself. I've spoke my peace about the endless nostalgia goggles that entitled 90's kids wear. Once again, you neglected to remember that there were some horrible things on before that decade, and we thankfully haven't gone back to that. If we get a bunch of terrible Smurfs ripoffs, like The Biskitts or super hero shows where no one actually fights, call me.

But I agree Fanboy and Chum Chum is where humor goes to die. I tried watching it once, and it was dreadful. Just frantic stupidity throughout.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Speak for yourself. I've spoke my peace about the endless nostalgia goggles that entitled 90's kids wear. Once again, you neglected to remember that there were some horrible things on before that decade,
The thing is it has been argued that even the most dreadful 80/90s kids shows were still better than shows currently on the air.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The thing is it has been argued that even the most dreadful 80/90s kids shows were still better than shows currently on the air.
Which is complete and utter bull. Matter of taste does not equal quaklity, and the 80's and 90's... well, lemme just say this... we LOVE Animaniacs, Transformers, Batman TAS, TMNT... but do we remember the frog awful pieces of garbage they stuck us with in the 80's, when the Parental Groups forced insane rules down the throats of show producers? And how insanely squeaky clean and repressed those shows were?

Let me put it this way. The ONLY way we got Transformers and G.I. Joe (everyone's favorites) on the air was to say they were ads for the comic books. And they were lucky, as they were on syndication, or they wouldn't even have been able to make threatening gestures at each other. There is a lot of garbage in 80's cartoons we totally forgot about. Trust me. And some of it isn't even so bad it's good. As for the 90's... well, that's a different story, but still the same. Everything wrong with 1980's cartoons was virtually destroyed thanks to Nicktoons and Batman TAS. Ground was broken, and broken hard. We had some great stuff... but also, flat TMNT ripoffs...and so as not to make a huge list... Yo Yogi. Yo Yogi is the worst. It killed the character until the movie... the movie sucked, and it was still no where as bad as Yo Yogi was.

Today, all I see are great, creator driven cartoons (even the toy based ones have a creator) with deep character development, daring story lines, and adult level writing. It insults me greatly that matter of taste means that these shows, which are all headed by creators that like the exact same stuff we liked is demoted to "garbage" when no one has seen the vile horrors of the 1970's cartoon.

Shudder... cartoons based on sitcoms... shudder shudder...tweeny bopper animated bands... it was a truly terrible decade. Even the worst cartoon from the 80's isn't as terrible as some of the stuff they had back then.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
when no one has seen the vile horrors of the 1970's cartoon. Shudder... cartoons based on sitcoms... shudder shudder...tweeny bopper animated bands... it was a truly terrible decade. Even the worst cartoon from the 80's isn't as terrible as some of the stuff they had back then.
Every decade has its share of turkeys. That doesn't make someone wrong when they say the '80s cartoons were better in some ways than today's cartoons overall.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My friend and I used to watch Pokemon in High School purely to mock it.
That's exactly what I used to do with HOGAN'S HEROES... however, in doing so, I grew to tolerate it... then I actually grew to like it...

It still can never hold a candle to M*A*S*H, that's for sure, but it's not quite so stupid and cheesy as I made it out to be (though still a little on the wacky side for a wartime show, and featuring the Nazis are lovable morons...)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's exactly what I used to do with HOGAN'S HEROES... however, in doing so, I grew to tolerate it... then I actually grew to like it...
Well I did grow to like Team Rocket. But Pokemon?...Nope, lol.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
OK, I know that everyone has their own personal opinion, but to those of you who hate The Big Bang Theory, I can't believe you!! That is one of the greatest shows EVER!! I could watch it all day, if I had the option!! I don't understand what you don't find funny about it or why you think it's poorly written!! But if that's the way you feel, then fine. Family Guy haters: as much as I love that show, I do understand why you don't like it. I'm actually the only one in my family who enjoys it.

Alright, but enough of that. Here are some popular shows that I'm not a fan of:

*Adventure Time (pretty boring and kind of stupid)
*Jersey Shore (too loud and extremely annoying; does anyone else agree?)
*American Idol (I'm just not crazy for it)
*The Office (the newer episodes)
*Several shows that used to be on PBS Kids and some that still are (this includes Boobah, Super Why, World Girl, It's a Big Big World, Jay Jay the Jet Plane, Caillou, and of course the Miss Lori/Rosa and Hooper block)
*Dora the Explorer and its spin-off Go, Diego, Go! (both for obvious reasons)

Now, again, this isn't all. There are several other shows I don't like, but the ones I listed are the ones that really stick out.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I've said before, my main beef with Big Bang is Chuck Lorre: almost all of his shows are overtly sexual, and I'm pretty sick and tired of almost everything on television in this day and age having to rely on sex as the selling point, even for a show that's, supposedly, supposed to be about nerds. I'd be sold if it was a show about nerds, and I mean NERDS: socially awkward people with limited interests who don't really fit in with other groups of people, yet aren't necessarily creepy-freak-deaky.

But that's just me.