Can we do something about posting for posts sake?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
:embarrassed: Sorry, I do agree however that something dose need to be done....

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Isn't the "I Think I'm Going Crazy" thread just meant for spam and random posting? So that it won't spread to other threads?
Yes, that's what I honestly thought the point of the thread was. But I will take partial responsibility for the thread's activity if others don't approve of it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yes, that's what I honestly thought the point of the thread was. But I will take partial responsibility for the thread's activity if others don't approve of it.
The only problem with that though, is that it encourages spam in general.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that thread has indeed become spam breeding grounds. Can't be sure of this, but the "I Think I'm Going Out of My Head" thread could have started up as a current version of the old "Random Randomness" threads, which again was done because the older threads got buried by newer ones.

Actually, we used to have a system that combined what D'Snowths and Dwayne mentioned. Whenever a new member signed up, their first few posts would be invisible to the community at large, but any member of the staff could see them and approve or delete them, as said posts were in need of mod approval to become public. After a handful of such got approved, the member joined the community at large. Initial problem posts would be deleted... But if said member acted up, a first infraction would result in a temporary Strike 1 banning of seven days. When they returned, if they continued carrying out like actions, they got a Strike 2 banning of thirty days for a full month. And if they decided to return after that, still posting the same kind of things that got them the temporary suspensions, then it was a Strike 3 permanent ban from the forums.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well at least we know it could be doable, and was at one time. I think I had to do that as well when I first joined. I think that after the forum had that big update and the format of the forum changed, is when there should have been some new or jr mods instated. That way everyone could learn the new software at the same time. At any rate I have a feeling that after the newest Muppet movie hits the theaters that the forum is going to be flooded with new members. I would love to see the site as a whole maybe cleaned up a bit before then, but that is just me.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
One word posts no big problem? Spoken like a true spambot.

:news: In other MC news...

UD: Muppet 6-Word Stories thread, now dead.
Seriously... Posting Muppet song lyrics in six-word batches tag teaming with a second member, posting six-word messages that should be private conversations, and additional spammish stuff... Thanks for ruining another thread. :grouchy:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Now one third of the thread has been deleted because of that nonsense. How did I end up getting wrapped up in that mess?

galagr

Reaction score
Also, the Muppets they are putting themselves in relations with are clearly Muppets that are adults. Yes, I'm well aware that it is fictitious, but the thought of young girls having deep "admiration" for adult Muppets...rubs me the wrong way.
HOOO BOY.

Y'know, the thought of young girls having deep "admiration" for adult Muppets really does rub me the wrong way.

You wanna know what REALLY gets me uncomfortable?

A fan-fic (written by the same person, of course) about themselves getting pregnant from one of the adult Muppets that they "deeply admire".

Nope

Nope

I am so done.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ya know, I never did like Mary Sue/Gary Stu OCs where it's clearly the fanfic author creating an avatar of themselves so they can pair themselves in a romantic relationship with their favorite character of the opposite sex... but okay, for said MGary Stue to write themselves getting pregnant by their favorite character, that just seriously weirds me out, and I've seen some pretty freaky-deaky things among fandoms like this.

*Shudders*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If there are pernicious posts, that's what the Report button's for.