Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

dwayne1115

Reaction score
oh ok cool thanks, now I don't have to worry about it for at least today.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
New episodes are airing every Thursday from now on; this week's is a repeated storyline, however.
Yeah. That's what I mentioned. This trend started towards the end of last season two. It seems like new episodes are just 'once a week' deals now, except for the premiere weeks of course. I know this Thursday's ep is repeat though you never know if they'll squeeze anything new in so we may want to check it out any way.

If only it was the return of Simon Soundman. *sigh*
That would have been good if they could find someone to replace him after Jerry's passing. Though it might have been hard to incorporate all those sounds that he does into the episode.

Who was the Joker worrying about the lack of Telly appearances? So far, he's made just about as many street story appearances as Elmo. 4 out of 5 episodes.... and Elmo seems to have been demoted to cameo in a couple of them.
I know what you mean. Telly has been in just about every street scene so far and where is Big Bird anyway? I'm surprised he hasn't shown up yet this season.

I hadn't seen "Sons of Poetry" before, and I just LOVED the Don-Music-ness of it all. "Oh, I'll never get it right! NEVER! NEVER!"
I thought they had Don in mind there, but I was thinking it might have been a coincidence.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I dunno... I absolutely hate that they split Arthur's seasons in half, but you get 5 episodes uninterrupted both in the fall and spring. It's like the neatest, cleanest way to do it. Everything else just gets random new episodes premiering when they feel like it.

Now that I think about it, making the show weekly does make sense, but it gets deeply into the rerunning problem. 4 rerun episodes a week, and the new episodes are filled with reused footage. I'm sure most of it is PBS's fault, and they desperately need to bring back kids' programming pledge month.

That said, every time I wind up flipping through the channels and seeing an Electric Company, it's always the same 3-5 episodes.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Don't get me started on TEC (great reboot, ruined by the third season)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I'd rather that than a four month break between them.

You've got a good point. After all we've had enough of that going on with the new series' on Cartoon Network (ex: The Looney Tunes Show, Mystery Incorporated). I guess that would be better than seeing SS go on hiatus just after the season starts or whatever.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You've got a good point. After all we've had enough of that going on with the new series' on Cartoon Network (ex: The Looney Tunes Show, Mystery Incorporated).
Yeah. When they shell are they going to air that last episode of Looney Tunes Show? Or is it going to be one of those times where you have to wait a decade for it to air in some other country?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I have one question. Did the opening theme get remixed again? When I found out that they remixed the theme for season 42, the season was just about over. So can someone tell me if they remixed it again? I'd really appreciate it.