Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There's definitely spoofs this season not mentioned in the press kit. Like the Safety Dance one they did the other day, and today's "Simon Says" episode features a "Pinball Wizard" parody.

Drtooth

Reaction score
To think. They had to pad the parody press release with "This episode is a parody of the game Simon Sayz" when they had perfectly good song parodies to mention.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately had to miss out on this episode, hope the other people here LMK how it went. (

Drtooth

Reaction score
Who was the Joker worrying about the lack of Telly appearances? So far, he's made just about as many street story appearances as Elmo. 4 out of 5 episodes.... and Elmo seems to have been demoted to cameo in a couple of them.

By no means complaining, as Telly is one of my favorites.

Another good one. I don't know if there was any Game of Thrones references. Never saw an episode. The kinda Pinball Wizard sounding song was much more recognizable. Peter really did an excellent job with the Muppets here. I especially liked his annoyed brother who lived in his shadow.

How come there are 2 Letter segments and only one number segment?

I already saw Biscotti Kid and Sons of Poetry when they leaked them online a month ago, but they're still great. I'd say that so far, Boscotti Kid was the strongest Crumby pictures. Too bad it sounds like the Star Wars parody is one of their next season withholds. That one sounds amazing. Especially since Cookie was unofficially cast as The Wookie Monster in that Hardware Wars parody. And of course, '3-PO and R2 were on the show before.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If only it was the return of Simon Soundman. *sigh*

I was thinking the same thing.

I had trouble paying attention to the street story, but Cookie Crumby Pictures and Abby's Flying Fairy School were good.

I also enjoyed the yoga instructor in those bits with Murray. She sure was hot.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Simon Sez with Simon Soundman sounds like a terrible game.

"Simon Sez [elephant noise]"

What's that supposed to mean?

Also, no one would want to play Simon Sez with Simon Barsinister. "Simon Sez SHRINK!!!"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Even worse would be playing Simon Says with Simon Cowl. Simon says What in the world was that?

Personally I'd rather play Pinball Count Wizard instead. :batty:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd rather play Simon Belmont says.

"Simon sez... eh, you just sit there and I'll admire my handsome self in the mirror."

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Well, today's story was pretty nice. Otherwise, there's nothing really worth commenting about for the rest episode. Sure, I enjoyed Cookie's Crumby Pictures and Sons of Poetry, but I already saw them on YouTube.

Either way, I'm sorry if anyone's not pleased with my input on today's episode, but this is just my personal opinion.