Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

Drtooth

Reaction score
On a non-complainy note.

I'm surprised they didn't add the Don't Get Pushy episode on their website yet. Or just release "Safety Dance" somewhere separately. Seems like that would get a lot of hits on YT if they did.

Don't get me started on TEC (great reboot, ruined by the third season)
That annoying (but well animated) bit about Prankster Planet? Or how they Rudy Huxtibled the youngest member of the team when he got older with that goofy kid?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
No, the fact they used the classic SST magazine format, then ditched it with the animated characters recapping everything and introducing the segments, which there were less of and not as interesting/creative.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw some of those. The cartoons were hit or miss, though I do like the bit about the monsters where every character is voiced by Leslie. And the stories kinda dumbed down a bit too. Don't see why they need to completely recap everything that just happened five minutes ago for what seems like longer than the actual scene.

But the ones I've seen lately seem to be forcefully pushing some website game or online series or something. The worst ones are when they involve Francine's Reversaballs (with an equally annoying set up where they replay scenes from the show with words in the background going backwards) And for no apparent reason, they're starting to teach what graphs are. They've managed to force in math concepts in a show about literacy! I've noticed they've actually repurposed older episodes and edited them down just to fit that thing.

Honestly, I'm not going to miss it if they got rid of it.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm not sure they even make new episodes of it anymore.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm sure they make "new" episodes like the next episode of Sesame Street is "new."

Then again, there are PBS shows that stay on the network years after they stop making new episodes. Look at Cyberchase, which didn't even get a proper ending.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. When they shell are they going to air that last episode of Looney Tunes Show? Or is it going to be one of those times where you have to wait a decade for it to air in some other country?

Again, we probably should be talking about this on the Toonzone Forums. I saw it was scheduled for November 3, but that's not a Tuesday when the show usually airs, so your guess is as good as mine.

Drtooth

Reaction score
He was talking about The Electric Company. A little more appropriate since it's also a SW production.

Seems like they barely even keep that show around anymore, just taking existing episodes and repurposing them with animated segments that are only relevant to some lame PBS internet game. Something about that also screams budget.

But back on topic, I understand the need to reuse episodes in the already skimpy 26 episode season. I like that they're at least putting in a new word of the day celebrity bit and song. Still, I can't help think that 2 new short segments in 50 minutes of long form repeat footage after a week of rerun footage is any real bonus.

This one episode a week format would be better served if they at least had a full 26 episode season of new street stories.