Sesame Street Season 46 Press Kit; HBO premiere set for Saturday January 16, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not much not already known (except that the "Letter"/"Number" intro songs are still there).
The article says "New songs" but I'm wondering if that's just a mistake on their part. If they're going to shed 30 minutes of show, I don't see why they still need those things instead of quicker intros. Or even no intros. Eh, what's there is there, I guess.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
There's an article highlighting some of the changes this season. Here are some of the major points in the article:

1. Elmo and Abby are in it even more than the last few seasons. Elmo is basically the host even after the hosting format has been dropped

2. Oscar,Cookie Monster and Grover have parts in the first two street scenes.

3.The word of the Day segment has indeed been dropped.

4. We already knew that Nina was in the season premiere but now we know that she's also in the second episode "Mucko Polo" .

I find the lack of Leela and Armando this season disturbing. I mean why would the laundramat even need another owner? I knew that they were scaling back on Gina,Luis,Gordon,Bob and Susan but why haven't we heard anything about Mando or Leela. Leela's been such a big part of the show for seven eight years now,it would seem weird for her to just suddenly disappear. And they went through all that trouble of their first open casting call when they cast Mando,are they really trying to get rid of him after just two years? Or maybe Ismael and Nitya were less available for filming,which is why they cast Suki.

On a completely unrelated note,it's interesting that Mrs.Crustworthy is back. I wonder who's playing her now that Fran Brill has left.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
There's an article highlighting some of the changes this season. Here are some of the major points in the article:

1. Elmo and Abby are in it even more than the last few seasons. Elmo is basically the host even after the hosting format has been dropped

2. Oscar,Cookie Monster and Grover have parts in the first two street scenes.

3.The word of the Day segment has indeed been dropped.

4. We already knew that Nina was in the season premiere but now we know that she's also in the second episode "Mucko Polo" .

I find the lack of Leela and Armando this season disturbing. I mean why would the laundramat even need another owner? I knew that they were scaling back on Gina,Luis,Gordon,Bob and Susan but why haven't we heard anything about Mando or Leela. Leela's been such a big part of the show for seven eight years now,it would seem weird for her to just suddenly disappear. And they went through all that trouble of their first open casting call when they cast Mando,are they really trying to get rid of him after just two years? Or maybe Ismael and Nitya were less available for filming,which is why they cast Suki.

On a completely unrelated note,it's interesting that Mrs.Crustworthy is back. I wonder who's playing her now that Fran Brill has left.
Can you please post the article and glad to see:insatiable::grouchy::super: are getting screen time.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Another trailer from HBO:

It's a little irksome that very little footage comes from the actual new material.

And ew, EW's is re-running?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
And ew, EW's is re-running?
Yeah,how are they gonna work that one out? Because it seems like Elmo's World would kind of take up the entire show now that it's only half in hour.

It's a little irksome that very little footage comes from the actual new material.
I really want to know what Zoe and Prairie Dawn sound like but everytime a clip with one of them is released they either aren't talking or their voices are being covered up by other characters. Plus we still don't have clips from most of the street scenes.

If the clip with the Count is actually from the show,it's great that they're changing the number of the day around a bit.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I hope we'll get more Muppet bits in this season.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah,how are they gonna work that one out? Because it seems like Elmo's World would kind of take up the entire show now that it's only half in hour.
They've been using EW in the new half-hour edits on PBS. I've only seen one, but it's cut down to about 7 minutes. It's cropped into widescreen as well mostly (the Noodle family segments are pillarboxed, framed by the window).

So, if they're using segments in the new season, they'll be like that.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
They've been using EW in the new half-hour edits on PBS. I've only seen one, but it's cut down to about 7 minutes. It's cropped into widescreen as well mostly (the Noodle family segments are pillarboxed, framed by the window).

So, if they're using segments in the new season, they'll be like that.
Oh,I see. Wonder why they're still using the segment at all. Super Grover 2.0 and Smart Cookies are already six minutes,they don't need to be edited at all to fit the time limit.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
So how's the episodes threads are going to work since not everyone has HBO.

Status
Not open for further replies.