Sesame Street Season 46 Press Kit; HBO premiere set for Saturday January 16, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
You know I'm worried about what will happen to the merchandising since of the HBO deal?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Let's get one thing perfectly clear here:

HBO DOES NOT OWN SESAME STREET BECAUSE OF THIS DEAL.

All they're doing is funding production. Since they're footing the bill for the show, they get advanced airings and streaming rights. That's it. HBO isn't affecting what DVDs they make, what toys they produce, any of that.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Sorry man I just was wondering since I need three Gund mini plush of Bert, Cookie, & Snuffy plus some of 35 year plush, to finish my collection.

Drtooth

Reaction score
All they're doing is funding production. Since they're footing the bill for the show, they get advanced airings and streaming rights. That's it. HBO isn't affecting what DVDs they make, what toys they produce, any of that.
Actually, that does bring up one tiny question about the merchandising of the show. The money SW gets from toys and shirts and stuff will still go to the company for further investment in their programs, even though the show is now funded mostly by HBO, right? I'm sure it does, and I'm sure that it goes to certain costs that SW still accrues in other projects, I just want a nod to see if that's the case. I'm sure they still need some money outside of what HBO is giving them.

Sorry man I just was wondering since I need three Gund mini plush of Bert, Cookie, & Snuffy plus some of 35 year plush, to finish my collection.
Uh.... I guess if they still carry them in stores somewhere. I don't think that anything already available would have been any problem if this hadn't been the case. And I'm sure that the now 10 year old 35 year plush would be hard to track down, pricey if you do, and...well... unless you get some from an unopened bag or box, it's 10 years of dust in those things.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Actually, that does bring up one tiny question about the merchandising of the show. The money SW gets from toys and shirts and stuff will still go to the company for further investment in their programs, even though the show is now funded mostly by HBO, right? I'm sure it does, and I'm sure that it goes to certain costs that SW still accrues in other projects, I just want a nod to see if that's the case. I'm sure they still need some money outside of what HBO is giving them.

Uh.... I guess if they still carry them in stores somewhere. I don't think that anything already available would have been any problem if this hadn't been the case. And I'm sure that the now 10 year old 35 year plush would be hard to track down, pricey if you do, and...well... unless you get some from an unopened bag or box, it's 10 years of dust in those things.
Well I bought Mumford when they first came out, then later on like 2013 I got Grover for Xmas, then I bought Count, Ernie, Super Grover, Big Bird, & Oscar throughout the year so I been looking at lots on Ebay the four 35 year plushies I need which are Guy, Sherlock, Martian, & Honker plush the regulars like Bert, Cookie, & Snuffy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know what? I think I found the reason why HBO would bother with this whole deal.

Their current kid's programming line up is brutal. For a premium cable network, they really have some low rent edutainment programming. At least in the case of what I stumbled upon. A crummy stop motion quiz show that's at least 16/17 years old. You have a big household, universally known series like Sesame Street, that automatically ratchets up what would otherwise be dead air time they call kid's programming.

Still, you have to wonder how well this show will do in HBO, or HBO Kids more likely.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Someone please tell me if this is correct. The new episodes will air on regular HBO and the old ones will air on HBO Family?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Someone please tell me if this is correct. The new episodes will air on regular HBO and the old ones will air on HBO Family?
New episodes debut on HBO first, and are then re-run on HBO Family. The past five seasons, if I understand correctly, will air on HBO Family as well (seasons 45 & 44 are already on their schedule). An "classic" episode will only be available on demand/through HBO Go/Now.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
New episodes debut on HBO first, and are then re-run on HBO Family. The past five seasons, if I understand correctly, will air on HBO Family as well (seasons 45 & 44 are already on their schedule). An "classic" episode will only be available on demand/through HBO Go/Now.
Thank you for clarifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.