Sesame Street Season 46 Press Kit; HBO premiere set for Saturday January 16, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

zucca

Reaction score
They've been using EW in the new half-hour edits on PBS. I've only seen one, but it's cut down to about 7 minutes. It's cropped into widescreen as well mostly (the Noodle family segments are pillarboxed, framed by the window).

So, if they're using segments in the new season, they'll be like that.
In the trailer, it looked like it could be a new EW since Abby was on his computer screen (though that could have just been editing for the trailer). But maybe new EW that are already 7 minutes long is a possibility?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
In the trailer, it looked like it could be a new EW since Abby was on his computer screen (though that could have just been editing for the trailer). But maybe new EW that are already 7 minutes long is a possibility?
Abby's been in one EW episode (Violins), so it's taken from that.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So how's the episodes threads are going to work since not everyone has HBO.
The plan now is that new threads will debut when each episode premieres on HBO. The discussion will probably continue in the same thread with the PBS premiere not unlike when a show re-runs on PBS. If you don't want to be spoiled by a particular episode you can delay reading the discussion until you see the show.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
The plan now is that new threads will debut when each episode premieres on HBO. The discussion will probably continue in the same thread with the PBS premiere not unlike when a show re-runs on PBS. If you don't want to be spoiled by a particular episode you can delay reading the discussion until you see the show.
Okay Phil, I was just wondering since not everyone has HBO.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, if they're using segments in the new season, they'll be like that.
I've noticed a "Sesame Street Classics" bug during the EW footage, and it does come after the "hundreds of your favorite episodes" subtitle. That could mean quite the opposite.

Somehow, I'd see if they did include the EW episodes, they'd be with some of the older reused episodes. Something tells me these would have been renumbered edits of those episodes, with EW not being replaced.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Since we're going to see where Muppets live I wonder if we're going to see where characters like Grover and Prairie Dawn lives.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I doubt it. The set's only so big. The only ones getting "home bases" are Elmo, Abby, Cookie, Oscar and Big Bird.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Those characters and we know that Bert and Ernie live in the basement of 123.

Status
Not open for further replies.