Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The reason why E&B sketches don't air anymore is because, since all the other kids' shows are fast-paced, kids can't handle sketches where no action happens anymore. Apparently, the MuppetCast website is down, so I can't show it to you. But Steve and JD had a discussion about why SS can't show those sketches anymore in episode 255.
They wouldn't shoot them if they knew they couldn't use them. And that sounds plausible, but literally every Word of the Day bit has little to no action and those were daily staples. They'd rather re-run their spoofs and celebrity stuff for the parents.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Boy, I sure did get bored with Ernie and Bert when I was a kid, those inserts were all so lame. The Boogy-Woogy Sheep making off with Bert and his bed? The singing sheep all piling into Bert's bed while singing about his blanket? Those fish all jumping into the boat when Ernie would call them? The whole bathroom rocking while Ernie and the others sang "Do De Rubber Duck"? The whole zydeco adding song? All snoresville. Nothing fun or entertaining about any of that.

Excuse me, I have to go watch some more SpongeBob and continue to let my brain turn to mush while giving myself attention deficit, ooh, shiney!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Apparently, the MuppetCast website is down, so I can't show it to you. But Steve and JD had a discussion about why SS can't show those sketches anymore in episode 255.
At first I thought you meant Steve Whitmire as opposed to Steve Swanson.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They wouldn't shoot them if they knew they couldn't use them. And that sounds plausible, but literally every Word of the Day bit has little to no action and those were daily staples. They'd rather re-run their spoofs and celebrity stuff for the parents.
That sounds like the more plausible explanation. I doubt these segments are that slow paced that they can't show them when before the half hour reformat Abby's Flying School sat their like a brick for 10 minutes.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Thanks to MuppetsHenson, this is the only place at the moment where you can hear episodes of the MuppetCast. Click this link, http://muppetshenson.blogspot.ca/p/the-muppetshenson-radio-network.html, scroll down to the MuppetCast episode 255 and listen from 80:22 to 84:46 where they discuss Carol-Lynn Parente saying E&B sketches won't fly today and why they disagree with that and why Sesame has to say that.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Here's an interesting little street story. It answers one of life's biggest questions: What do babies, dogs, worms and The Count dream about?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Big Bird's voice sounds really off in this episode:

Clearly, for some reason, they had to dub over all of Big Bird's lines, which makes his dialogue sound louder than everyone else and less natural.