Behold... the New Teen Titans Cartoon...

mr3urious

Reaction score
We got a new episode yesterday, and it's a "22 Short Films About Springfield" deal with Batman and Comm. Gordon checking out the surveillance videos around Jump City. I liked the play between the two, as well as the clip with Raven and Trigon, but the latter especially could have been better had the producers not been so darn cheap with the voice acting budget.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Anyone see the Christmas episode yet? Here, Santa finally decided to cancel Christmas, leaving the Titans Garbage Children to take over for him. Gotta love how Robin insisted on being Santa over the more qualified Sticky Joe because his ego wouldn't allow it, and no matter how much of a strain on his heart it was.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I liked "BBSFBDAY" more than I thought I would. Here, Beast Boy feels bad about how Starfire's species don't celebrate birthdays, so he offers to share his with her despite Raven's warnings about this sort of thing, which culminated in a beatdown and tearful apology. I liked how both of them acted real selfish, not just Beastie, and I even liked how the writers were able to include a fight sequence in there to still make it feel superhero-ish. The Titans even sang "Happy Birthday" with no issue thanks to the song now being in the public domain. :smile:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Anyone see the Christmas episode yet? Here, Santa finally decided to cancel Christmas, leaving the Titans Garbage Children to take over for him. Gotta love how Robin insisted on being Santa over the more qualified Sticky Joe because his ego wouldn't allow it, and no matter how much of a strain on his heart it was.
You know, considering the fact that Santa has been depicted as a villain in his most recent appearances, it certainly makes the Titans' actions in "The True Meaning of Christmas" (last year's Xmas episode) seem a bit more justified. :smile:

mr3urious

Reaction score
"Movie Night" was a fun episode. I'd say if they're going to make episodes where the Titans are confined in the tower, they might as well go all out with the action, horror, suspense, and mystery, and that they did. Certainly was better than the lost opportunity of the last episode where they could have had Hynden Walch do impressions of the other characters she kissed for extra hilarity, but instead, their actual voices come out of her mouth. Did they figure kids would be too stupid to know otherwise? :rolleyes:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Here's an ad for the next two-part episode, "BBRAE", which is airing on February 20th:

We will also finally get to see the BBRae song that Greg Cipes wrote and announced at athe 2015 San Diego Comic Con.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
The two-part BBRAE episode that aired tonight was great! :smile:

"It's all about my baby, yeah, it's all about Rae, if I don't gots my baby, all I do is go cray..." :sing:

mr3urious

Reaction score
The episode about the conspiracy of Daylight Saving(s) Time was more fun than I thought it would be. Sure, it got off to a slow and idiotic start with a reverse "eat your vegetables" scenario, but got better near the end with the fight against Old MacDonald and his barnyard animals (and Bingo). Sure would have been better against the farmer from that one episode of the '90s Batman cartoon, but I guess the writers didn't want to go that obscure.

And they're totally right about DST. What good is it really for, other than to make days appear longer? Good thing most of our state doesn't follow it. :big_grin:

mr3urious

Reaction score
I admit, I enjoyed the St. Patrick's Day episode more than last year's. Sure, it's idiotic, but gloriously so. I especially liked leprechaun Beast Boy's rapid-fire lecture on the Gold Standard that President Nixon abolished, and the additional references to Lucky Charms. We even got a great anime-style battle sequence during the climax with all the Titans as leprechauns.

Last edited:

mr3urious

Reaction score
I liked seeing Robin putting his detective skills to good use, even if he did come across as a lunatic as usual. Also liked how the pelican, crab, and seagull in the establishing shots contributed to the actual plot for the first time and that
they were revealed to be part of the Illuminati, but were later eaten by the octopus the team interrogated earlier.