Netflix, do your stuff! The Magic School Bus gets new series.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Oh, and I wonder if they will still have a "Producer Says" segment at the end. You know, where they have people calling in to complain about any scientific inaccuracies usually done for the sake of storytelling and have the producer address them, which was usually cut to make room for commercials when it aired outside of PBS. They'll probably have people e-mailing or tweeting the producer instead.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
OMG, you're right, I literally always forget Tim was even on the show. Considering he hardly had any lines a lot of the time, maybe he could have more of a shy, introverted, book worm-ish type personality. Or maybe he could be more of a quiet thinker who seems like their's not much going on in his head, but he's really just sizing the situation up and coming up with smart plans. I dunno.

Anyway, re-watching the show more recently, I realized, sure Tim was boring, but Phoebe was just flat out useless. All the other characters made smart observations and helped when things got dangerous, but from the episodes i've seen Phoebe just sits there and talks about her old school. Not exactly the brightest kid in class.
Phoebe's the shy one that's learning to break out of her shell. Can't say I remember how well she contributed in comparison to everyone else, though.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Just by looking at the thumbnail, I knew exactly how it was going to be animated.

Meh.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Finally got around to watching the new show recently and to answer your question, @mr3urious, yes, they did keep the "Producer Says" segment. As for the rest of the show, it's a pretty standard show for smaller kids. It's not amazing, but it's not bad. It doesn't quite have as much personality or humor as the original, but it's nothing that would make most original fans angry. It has basically the essence of the original, and the characters are more or less the same. Kate McKinnon is charming as the new Ms. Frizzle. One thing i'm rather happy about, you guys may remember me saying how Phoebe was totally useless and rarely contributed to anything besides spouting her useless catchphrase ("In my old school..."), well they completely get rid of her in this version in favor of a somewhat similar, but actually useful new character Jyoti.
Tim, on the other hand (y'know, mandatory black kid) still does absolutely nothing. I mean, he is still so bland and he barely has any lines! In fact, I think he has even fewer lines than he did in the original, which is saying a lot. Also, he has a curly fro now (?), and his skin tone is lighter;Did Tim somehow become mixed race since the 90s??? Ms. Frizzle's class is effed up, man, messing with people's biology and ancestry. She needs to be locked up. :stick_out_tongue:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Ms. Frizzle's class is effed up, man, messing with people's biology and ancestry. She needs to be locked up. :stick_out_tongue:
Heh. You think that's messed up? Have you seen "The Magic School Bus: The Later Years"?