Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Censored

Reaction score
It takes money to make money. You sound like the typical privileged, spoiled guy who thinks everyone has the same resources he has.

Censored

Reaction score
Didn’t just use a system he didn’t believe in, but took advantage of the fact that they weren’t checking things.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hey, stupid, you can invest in more than just randomly picked stocks. You can invest in realestate and rent out your property to make an income. You can invest in safer options like a mutual fund (which utilizes the stock market, but in a very diversified way). You can put money into a COD for a small but sure increase. Some people invest by buying things that they can sell later at a higher cost like jewelry or even antique furniture. ****, you can buy gold bars and stick them under your mattress for all I care.

I happened to have action figures that I could sell off. Yes, that is also a form of investment. I had an old marvel build-a-figure that I sold off for a couple of hundred, among other things. I had an asset that went up in value over time and I sold it for a profit. Thats all investing means you insipid twit.

Its not evil to keep money you earned.

Does it hurt your back to have your head so far up your own ***?

I didnt say the program should be abolished. I said the program was poorly run and that I could have done a better job managing my own money. During my first appointment I was told to bring my resume. The person there looked at it, said it was too long, and said it needed to be one page. I asked what he thought I should cut. He said he didnt know, brushed off further questions, and just told me to go to the library to find out. He asked me what field I was searching in, updated my profile, and I left. He didnt set me up for any jobs. He didnt contact any employers. He didnt do an interview skill building or anything of substance. If he had, at least I would have found the appointment worthwhile.

2nd appointment. Was not told to bring my resume. There was no follow up to see if I had gotten it to one page. I brought it anyway. I had researched, on my own, how to update it. I did so using non-government websites and videos. A different agent looked at it and gave no feedback other than it was good. I was told to bring my work history. She said I didnt need to because it was on the computer.... ok fine.

I had not applied for anything the previous week due to an injury. She said I had applied the previous week. I said I had not and she argued and said I did..... so basically I could have claimed benefits for a week I did not qualify for. I showed her the last date i had applied and that it did not fall within that week. We chatted, she signed my email address up for a job search site, and she said i would have no more appointments.

She basically showed me that they really didnt check stuff and that what little checking they did was now stopping. So i said screw it. I claimed for weeks I did not qualify, stopped posting my documentation, and just did what I wanted.

Why didnt I just stay on it for another 3 months that I had left? Because I didnt want to be a non-contributor and wanted to work, not because it was too hard to stay on it, you uncouth swine.

This is why I take issue with some government programs and how they are run. If unemployment agents are there to check on you and make sure you don't abuse the system, fine. If they are there to provide assistance in your job search and help set you up on interviews, fine. But if the agents do nothing of substance than all the program does is funnel money you paid back to you in an inefficiant way.

So yes, I used the system and have a negative opinion of it. How else would I form an opinion on how it works if I didnt experience how it works, dumbass?
Hey try to be a little bit more respectful. You can still get your point across without swearing and name calling.

Censored

Reaction score
Hey try to be a little bit more respectful. You can still get your point across without swearing and name calling.
I know. That is so uncouth. And they say I can’t stand a difference of opinion.

MWoO

Reaction score
Normally i agree, but not in his case. He has called people racist and sexist and all kinds of other names i will no longer show him respect as he dies not show others. Everyone else I will continue to be respectful to.