Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Normally i agree, but not in his case. He has called people racist and sexist and all kinds of other names i will no longer show him respect as he dies not show others. Everyone else I will continue to be respectful to.
I understand that,but you can't fight fire with fire. By calling him names your simply adding fuel to any anger or hostility he shows. I know it's hard but sometimes the best way to block out negativity is with positivity.

MWoO

Reaction score
And yet you used it when you needed it. Never saw a conservative/libertarian yet who wasn’t willing to sell out his or her principles when a government program could help them.
Because i paid for it, dummy. I paid into the system for over 10 years and when i first used it i did believe in the system. It wasn't until I saw how it worked that i realized how dysfunctional it was. Pay attention, or do you want the government to pay for that too?

It takes money to make money. You sound like the typical privileged, spoiled guy who thinks everyone has the same resources he has.
Wrong. I started working for 7.20 an hour. I lived in a basement apartment with no heat and no kitchen. I washed my laundry by hand because i couldn't afford to go to a laundromat. I lived off of 5 for $5 frozen TV dinners. My TV was an old CRT I got on clx and my phone was a flip phone. I was far from privileged. I worked my way up from part time entry level customer service associate to being an assistant store manager of operations. As a manager I put in no less than 55 hours a week, but usually 60, sometimes 70, no overtime pay cause it was salaried. I worked my butt off for what I have. I didn't mess around while at work, I made myself available to learn anything and everything, I was always willing to change my schedule when my manager needed me. People complained that I got promoted ahead of them, meanwhile they would disappear while on the clock. The person whose position I took when I was first promoted was caught sleeping in the stock room. I am far from being privileged.

I made sacrifices. If I could not afford to go out, I didn't go out. I took my vacation time as a pay out instead of going somewhere. I saved every available dollar I had and tracked all of my expenses in excel and cut anywhere I could. This not only helped me save, it also helped train myself for when I would need to do the same thing as a manager. I carried a bottle of water to work instead of getting a drink from the vending machine. I took peanut butter and jelly with me for lunch instead of eating from the food court in the mall. I bought generic food instead of name brands and took advantage of sales. My clothing was all off the clx rack and my sneakers were basic black off brand. Don't assume when you have no idea what you are talking about.

So yeah, it takes money to make money. It also takes sacrifice and hard work. It's crazy how some people have no money in the bank, but they have expensive clothes, flat screen TVs, eat out all the time, etc. When I lost my higher paying job, I knew immediately how to reduce my life style. I cooked meals in large batches, making rice and beans for the week because it cost only pennies a day to eat that way.

But you don't think people should work hard or make a sacrifices. You think the people that worked their way up should also pay for those that have not. I am not saying that there should be no social programs at all, but they need to run better and we society as a whole needs to learn some fiscal responsibility.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
While I'm not an Evangelical, or a conservative, I am partly guilty of some what's described in these posts:

I was in love once before . . . and I honestly believed it to be God's will. I've never been interested in the dating scene, going out with a bunch of different women, going through some sort of an "elimination process" to find "the right one," dealing with crazy exes or jealousy or anything like that . . . I never even thought I needed a soul mate to complete my life. At the same time, however, I also didn't dismiss the idea that there possibly was someone out there for me, but I always felt like if there was, God would lead me to her, and that'd be the only relationship I'd have to concern myself with. So, when I found myself madly in love with a lady friend of mine years and years ago, I knew there had to be a reason . . . and I believed that reason was she was "the one" God meant for me. After witnessing her go through one sour relationship with one loser after another, and I finally felt the time was right, I expressed my feelings to her, and despite being flattered, she did not return them. Part of me was hurt, yes, but even then, I knew that there was nothing more I could do, and I didn't even need memes, or social media posts to tell me that: I told her how I felt, she didn't return the feelings, so what could I do? I could either be a fool and try to continue to pursue her and somehow force her to love me back, or I could be a sensible, level-headed person, and accept the outcome. I chose the latter. It's been two or three years since I opened up to her, and since then, I feel I've pretty much almost completely moved on and moved passed it. But, being in love is an experience I'll never forget, because it really messed me up: mentally, emotionally, and spiritually . . . pardon my French, but being in love can be a real mind ****.

MWoO

Reaction score
I understand that,but you can't fight fire with fire. By calling him names your simply adding fuel to any anger or hostility he shows. I know it's hard but sometimes the best way to block out negativity is with positivity.
Nah, it's way more frustrating showing constraint with someone who willfully ignores context and points. If I am going to rebut what he says I am at least going to have fun doing it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@MWoO Geez. Sounds like you had it rough, dude. Having to live off frozen TV dinners must have been dreadful.

MWoO

Reaction score
While I'm not an Evangelical, or a conservative, I am partly guilty of some what's described in these posts:

I was in love once before . . . and I honestly believed it to be God's will. I've never been interested in the dating scene, going out with a bunch of different women, going through some sort of an "elimination process" to find "the right one," dealing with crazy exes or jealousy or anything like that . . . I never even thought I needed a soul mate to complete my life. At the same time, however, I also didn't dismiss the idea that there possibly was someone out there for me, but I always felt like if there was, God would lead me to her, and that'd be the only relationship I'd have to concern myself with. So, when I found myself madly in love with a lady friend of mine years and years ago, I knew there had to be a reason . . . and I believed that reason was she was "the one" God meant for me. After witnessing her go through one sour relationship with one loser after another, and I finally felt the time was right, I expressed my feelings to her, and despite being flattered, she did not return them. Part of me was hurt, yes, but even then, I knew that there was nothing more I could do, and I didn't even need memes, or social media posts to tell me that: I told her how I felt, she didn't return the feelings, so what could I do? I could either be a fool and try to continue to pursue her and somehow force her to love me back, or I could be a sensible, level-headed person, and accept the outcome. I chose the latter. It's been two or three years since I opened up to her, and since then, I feel I've pretty much almost completely moved on and moved passed it. But, being in love is an experience I'll never forget, because it really messed me up: mentally, emotionally, and spiritually . . . pardon my French, but being in love can be a real mind ****.
I am not religious, but I think that anyone who thinks it is God's will for a person to love them, before they are actually in a relationship with them, is going down the wrong path. It is one thing to think that God paired people that are together, it's another to think God picked someone for you when this person has no interest in you.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, that was part of the problem, too. Like I said, I had no interest in dating, or seeking, or anything of that nature, and I had never felt anything stronger for any girl in my life growing up than just an innocent, if not precocious crush . . . so, for me to actually find myself in love with a girl, I felt there had to be a reason for it . . . and that was the reason I believed it to be.

MWoO

Reaction score
@MWoO Geez. Sounds like you had it rough, dude. Having to live off frozen TV dinners must have been dreadful.
It wasn't fun. Eventually I got a cheap hot plate so I could cook some basic stuff and when I finally got a job that afforded me the ability to move into a real apartment it was pretty awesome.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Because i paid for it, dummy. I paid into the system for over 10 years and when i first used it i did believe in the system. It wasn't until I saw how it worked that i realized how dysfunctional it was. Pay attention, or do you want the government to pay for that too?

Wrong. I started working for 7.20 an hour. I lived in a basement apartment with no heat and no kitchen. I washed my laundry by hand because i couldn't afford to go to a laundromat. I lived off of 5 for $5 frozen TV dinners. My TV was an old CRT I got on clx and my phone was a flip phone. I was far from privileged. I worked my way up from part time entry level customer service associate to being an assistant store manager of operations. As a manager I put in no less than 55 hours a week, but usually 60, sometimes 70, no overtime pay cause it was salaried. I worked my butt off for what I have. I didn't mess around while at work, I made myself available to learn anything and everything, I was always willing to change my schedule when my manager needed me. People complained that I got promoted ahead of them, meanwhile they would disappear while on the clock. The person whose position I took when I was first promoted was caught sleeping in the stock room. I am far from being privileged.

I made sacrifices. If I could not afford to go out, I didn't go out. I took my vacation time as a pay out instead of going somewhere. I saved every available dollar I had and tracked all of my expenses in excel and cut anywhere I could. This not only helped me save, it also helped train myself for when I would need to do the same thing as a manager. I carried a bottle of water to work instead of getting a drink from the vending machine. I took peanut butter and jelly with me for lunch instead of eating from the food court in the mall. I bought generic food instead of name brands and took advantage of sales. My clothing was all off the clx rack and my sneakers were basic black off brand. Don't assume when you have no idea what you are talking about.

So yeah, it takes money to make money. It also takes sacrifice and hard work. It's crazy how some people have no money in the bank, but they have expensive clothes, flat screen TVs, eat out all the time, etc. When I lost my higher paying job, I knew immediately how to reduce my life style. I cooked meals in large batches, making rice and beans for the week because it cost only pennies a day to eat that way.

But you don't think people should work hard or make a sacrifices. You think the people that worked their way up should also pay for those that have not. I am not saying that there should be no social programs at all, but they need to run better and we society as a whole needs to learn some fiscal responsibility.
It's funny how similar our backstories are. I've got a pretty decent job now myself but it was years of hard work and sacrifice. There was a short period right after college where I was homeless even didn't know where my next meal was coming from. Today I live a comfortable life but nothing was given to me. Pretty stupid how some people think that anybody that has a comfortable life is considered privileged. I busted my *** for everything I have. And it sounds like you did too. But what do we know? Were just a couple of racist, nazi-luvin' privileged knuckleheads

Censored

Reaction score

Give it a rest. Your hypocrisy and arrogance are showing.