Remembering Richard Hunt

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Speaking of Richard Hunt characters, sesamestreet.org recently added two clips with his blind monster Aristotle, as well as several clips of his portrayal of Captain Vegetable. And I think I prefer Hunt's portrayal of the character. Seems Hunt gave him a bit more personality than Henson did (of course Henson only performed him once, while Hunt got many scenes). Henson's portrayal seems to be more pompous, while Hunt's seems more energetic.

Collgoff

Reaction score
Speaking of Richard Hunt characters, sesamestreet.org recently added two clips with his blind monster Aristotle, as well as several clips of his portrayal of Captain Vegetable. And I think I prefer Hunt's portrayal of the character. Seems Hunt gave him a bit more personality than Henson did (of course Henson only performed him once, while Hunt got many scenes). Henson's portrayal seems to be more pompous, while Hunt's seems more energetic.
Wow that is something to hear that!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Speaking of characters Richard didn't want to portray, is there any footage of Richard performing Elmo?
I think I read a review of Being Elmo which says the documentary includes some footage (and it's recently been announced it'll be released in regular theaters and on DVD soon so we should see some soon!).

Collgoff

Reaction score
I think I read a review of Being Elmo which says the documentary includes some footage (and it's recently been announced it'll be released in regular theaters and on DVD soon so we should see some soon!).
Well that was before Kevin Clash broght Elmo to life.

Yorick

Reaction score
Very cool! Thanks! :big_grin: Seeing Elmo performed by Richard will be a nice bonus to hearing from Kevin about his Elmo experience!

Collgoff

Reaction score
Oh that's why he didn't do the storyteller after Season 1? I thought he did a great job with that character and assumed he was having fun with it. Guess I was wrong haha
That's o.k. you did your best!

Collgoff

Reaction score
Speaking of characters Richard didn't want to portray, is there any footage of Richard performing Elmo?
That's right Richard gave Kevin Clash to Elmo witch who became the beloved monster that we know today.