Why isn't Skeeter a Muppet?

unclematt

Reaction score
I betchya the Nanny and Doc thinkg had alot to do with each other.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
Somebody quick, write something that explains Skeeters absense. I'll be over here monitoring the situation.
In my fic-verse, she and Scooter got into it because she wanted to be an athlete, not an actress ... and she resented being compared to Piggy all the time. She only comes back when Kermit offers ESPN exposure, because he knows she's upset the Olympic committee won't admit her due to her muppet size.

Redsonga said:
I think so..to them humans weren't really important yet I guess...
You also don't have messy image rights problems to deal with.

Redsonga

Reaction score
For some reason never seeing Nanny's face never troubled me I think become I thought the babies could not look up higher than that *lol* :smile:

But I really think Skeeter has a lot more going for her as a character than most new female muppets they could make. She is very much a part of the muppet family by now IMHO :smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Yay for Skeeter! *waves flag* Let's start chanting...

WE WANT SKEETER!
WE WANT SKEETER!
:wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... I thought that the role of Beaker's Girlfriend from LTS was far too brief to have been hyped with a celebrity cameo like Petra Nemcova's. For that little amount of screen time I've opined that they just as easily could've made a new Whatnot, cross-promoting the Whatnot Workshop in FAO Shwartz Toy Store. Although... If they'd've gone that route, this might've been a good spot to finally see a grownup Skeeter. Just because she's Beaker's girlfriend doesn't mean that she too also only has to speak in "meeps", rather that she understands what he says clearly as we do with our own languages. Oh well... :shifty:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
That would be an intriguing way to get her. Backstory? Screw that! Let's just have Beaker wish her there! Works for me! :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
OMG the Beaker's girlfriend idea is the cutest thing ever :big_grin:!

Teheheman

Reaction score
Yeah, but personally, I would MUCH rather have the hot human than Skeeter. Not saying that Skeeter wouldn't have been hot, I'm just saying that if I were Beaker, I would have wished for the human too.

Daniel

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Oh, yeah ... no offense to Skeeter ... of course :wink:

But it still would have been an intriguing way of bringing her back and would have shocked Bunsen ten times more! :big_grin:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
:flirt:Wow you all have really got me beat... I didn't like Muppet Babies as much as I like the Muppet show. And what was the deal with Nanny? All you saw was that woman's legs.
Here's how I saw it... they only ever showed the legs of EVERY adult that ever appeared on the show (save for Statler and Waldorf?)... so we have to believe it was seen through a kid's eyes (only seeing up so high, keeping things low to the ground). The faces of the adults weren't important.