Why isn't Skeeter a Muppet?

Disneys Muppets

Reaction score
Why Isn't Skeeter part of the regular Muppets? She was on Muppet Babies?

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Disneys Muppets said:
Because Skeeter was created especially for the Muppet Babies, to add a second strong female presence in the nursery. She never was part of the regular Muppet family.

-Kim

Frazzle

Reaction score
Disneys Muppets said:
Also, Bunsen & Beeker were never really considered "regular" muppet babies. They would come over & visit the nursery from time to time though. I always wondered why they didn't choose to make a muppet baby version of Janice. They could have made her into a cute little muppet baby.
:flirt: :confused: :eek:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Frazzle said:
Also, Bunsen & Beeker were never really considered "regular" muppet babies. They would come over & visit the nursery from time to time though. I always wondered why they didn't choose to make a muppet baby version of Janice. They could have made her into a cute little muppet baby.
:flirt: :confused: :eek:
They did do Baby Janice for one episode. I still haven't seen that one; any help?

Bunsen and Beeker came on quite regularly if I remember correctly. Think of baby versions of them in their cute li'l labcoats. Toodle-oo!

BJ

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think they became a big part in later seasons. I know there were in at least one vesion of the openeing. But they would always visit. They didn't live with the other muppet babies. I suppose it wouldn't make sense to jst have them live there all of a sudden.

I'd like to see an adult Skeeter in puppet form as a special guest puppet on a new show. Maybe not a full time character (though that wouldn't be bad if done right). It could be interesting, though hard core fans would be so mad. However, i think it would be good as long as they don't mention the muppet babies. If she was introduced as a new character that no one but Scooter knows about it would be cool. It would be a name that people would know, but a blank slate as well.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss said:
They did do Baby Janice for one episode. I still haven't seen that one; any help?

Bunsen and Beeker came on quite regularly if I remember correctly. Think of baby versions of them in their cute li'l labcoats. Toodle-oo!

BJ
Pajamas, actually. Cute little pajamas, and Beaker had bunny slippers!

-Kim

rexcrk

Reaction score
I remember Bean Bunny was also on Muppet Babies a couple times :cool:

Disneys Muppets

Reaction score
Statler and Waldorf were also in Muppet Babies. Well at the end anyways...

Xerus

Reaction score
I've always imagined Skeeter as a regular cast of the Muppet Show. And I'd also imagine Jerry Nelson doing her voice so he could be part of the Muppet Babies as well.