1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Why isn't Skeeter a Muppet?

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by Disneys Muppets, Jul 26, 2004.

1. McFraggle Active Member

Was that before or after Skeeter got sent to the Amazon? ;)
  2. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Before. And she wasn't sent.

My belief is that Skeeter became a journelist and went to the Amazon to study something.

However, on the questian of her ever becoming a Muppet. I think she will. One day, she will. We just have to wait and see. But I know there is a Lot of interest from Muppet Fans for a Skeeter Muppet. She'll come eventually.

Also, someone else I'd like to see is Robin's dad, Kermit's brother.
  3. Vic Romano Active Member

I have got to check this out, I'm gonna' watch tonight and I'll report what I find.
    Here's the age thing that bothers me, yes I know MB isn't considered Muppet Canon, but still, that crushes this age variable. Like McFraggle said, if Robin was around when Kermit was a toddler, he'd be in his late teens by TMS, and if :sleep: & :boo: appear as their same age in the cartoon, they'd be nearly 100 by TMS! I know it's not true Muppet history, I know I know, but that sort of thing just always got me.
    As far as Skeeter is concerned, the direction Disney seems to be taking the Muppets, I wouldn't be surprised if she made it into the regular cast, or at least explained, I think that would be very cool, and make a lot of fans happy too.
  4. unclematt Active Member

I would love to see a Skeeter Muppet
  5. Vic Romano Active Member

Okay, after the rumor of Skeeter hiding in MFC in the Muppet Babies home video scene as stated by the Count, I watched said scene at least nine times and I can report with complete confidence, that if Skeets is in MFC, she is not in this scene. However, here are a few little things I did notice of interest that you may or may have not known:
    * Baby Piggy is holding a Kermit plush, the Kermit plush is of Kermit as an adult though... weird, huh?
    * Baby Scooter is holding a candy cane.
    * Bunsen is watching the film, but Beaker is not with him. :confused:
    * This scene takes place relatively early in the movie before the house really starts to get crowded, so it's really just the immediate Muppet family who's there, but guess who's got a seat right in front of the projector all cozy with the classics... Marvin Suggs.

Having studied just this section so thoroughly, I can tell you that I believe there are TONS of Easter Eggs in this classic, and I am now going to make it a point to really study this film and find them. :)
  6. unclematt Active Member

Vic, I think they were saying that a baby Janice is seen in MFC
  7. Beauregard Well-Known Member

No, there was Definatly no baby Janice in MFC.
  8. DerekJ New Member

But anyway, to answer the question after a year and a half--
    The Saturday-morning network execs "needed" Skeeter as a positive female character in the cartoon, as the only single solitary other one in the cast was Baby Piggy, who clearly wasn't. :mad:

And as for Bean Bunny, this would've been around the time that Richard Hunt was retiring from (AIDS-related?) illness, so--even though "Tale of the Bunny Picnic" hadn't raised any particular blips on HBO's radar--Jim was planning to use Steve Whitmire's Bean as the official Scooter "replacement" go-fer in all future Show-related canon...
    As evidenced by "Muppets Tonight", and the Disney park attraction.
  9. Vic Romano Active Member

Wait a minute, are you saying Jim was anticipating Richard's death? That doesn't sound right, and beside, both Richard and Jim were both alive for MuppetVision 3d, Richard died after Jim, and Muppets Tonight was created after Jim died. Unless I'm misunderstanding, I think your sources are incorrect.
  10. DerekJ New Member

By the nature of what illness it turned out to be, it was fairly lingering, and had a few years' warning--
    As is tradition with TV series, Jim let Rich direct the final episode of "Fraggle Rock" in '87-'88, possibly as a "retirement" present...And although Hunt's death wasn't until '92, he was reportedly already hospitalized when they had to record Statler's animatronic voice for the MV3D post-production in '90, and it was one of his last official contributions for the group. :boo:
  11. Xerus Active Member

Also, in Muppetvision 3D, I heard John Henson was doing Sweetums instead of Richard.

Also, I noticed that after the Jim Henson Hour, Richard started doing the Wild Emphassario in The Ghost of Faffner Hall. It was probably one of Richard's final characters.
  12. unclematt Active Member

What is up with Scooter Now-a-days. Is he around and not heard or is someone else doing the voice? I remeber him in the latest Christmas movie dancing in a cage but I can not remember off the top of my head if he spoke or not. ;)
  13. DerekJ New Member

The MV3D film (and preshow, Scooter included) was from '89, while the final opening details weren't until '90--
    IMDb lists Hunt as Beaker, Scooter and Statler--even though Scooter and Janice only make silent cameos in the actual movie--and John as taking over Sweetums' voice ("BUN-NYYY!!") all the way up to current projects...
    (And no, not "John Henson of Talk Soup fame"--Sure would be funny if it was, though, wouldn't it?)

"Fafner Hall", OTOH was also '88-'89 for HBO, and therefore pre-Disney.
  14. McFraggle Active Member

I agree. :D
  15. muppet_dk Active Member

He did indeed speak in the last christmas movie. He is now performed by Brian Henson who is also performing Janice now.
  16. unclematt Active Member

Thanks Muppet dk
  17. zeldazipple New Member

Interesting that Brian is taking over Richard's parts. I wasn't expecting that at all but that's a really good thing. I think Brian has so much talent. :)
  18. Toast New Member

Yes, he was spot on with Scooter's voice in MWoO
  19. The Count Moderator

Hmm... Was that rully Brian Henson voicing Scooter in MWoO? Cause other reports say it was Ricky Boyd of JHH fame.
  20. muppet_dk Active Member

You are right Count, Brian did not perform or voice scooter in MWoO. Brian was not on the set and Ricky Boyd did such a good job that they keept his voice for Scooter.